Review Round 12 vs Richmond @ The GABBA (17/8/20 at 7:10pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Bloody tough loss, if that greenwood kick had gone through i reckon you would have held on. Play with the same intensity next Friday and i reckon you curb stomp the blues

You guys are really building to something, and such a likeable young group of players! Really happy for you, reckon you'll be making some real noise in the finals next year

I'll second that

The Suns remind me a lot of us in 2018 when we went 5-17 and had a heap of "honorable" losses.

Looking forward to your guys really stepping it up in 2021

I really want our clubs to get to the point where the rivalry is for big Finals spots rather than this manufactured rubbish.

Hey lads. Love everything you're doing at the moment. You've got the better of the King twins, a rockstar in Rankine, absolute guns in Anderson and Lucocious (excuse the spelling!) and what I truly believe to be the MVP of the comp in Rowell. Your coach knows what he is doing and the direction of the joint is unbelievable. Tom Lynch showed tonight why he is the KD of our league. Leaving for a flag. Terrible attitude whacking blokes behind play.

Wish you all the best moving forward.

EDIT: The vision of Collins after the game was terrific. Deserves a contract extension on that alone..

I was happy with our pressure. It was elite every time it came up on fox footy pressure gauge, we just ran out of legs as we’ve had 3 games in 9 days. Really admire the heart our boys showed though. Lots to be proud of tonight. Holman and Fiorini need to step it up though sheesh.
Holman and Fiorini have to come out. I would like to see Miles or Brodie in.
I think Holman is not in the plans going forward. We need 3 to 4 fresh legs on Friday.
What is the point letting Brodie extend if they won't play him?
After Carlton we have a 9 day break then a bye. Then a few late season wins. We'll be fine.

Lynch is a flog. There was absolute no reason to do that at all.

But otherwise, entertaining game. Very good performances by the youngsters. I thought the defence was brilliant. Missed opportunities were costly, and that silly 50 metre penalty.

The pressure was immense, especially in that 3rd quarter.

Holman would of been my pick to knock him out
If I can paraphrase thr Mighty Ducks - "4 Weeks, Well worth it"

I'll second that

The Suns remind me a lot of us in 2018 when we went 5-17 and had a heap of "honorable" losses.

Looking forward to your guys really stepping it up in 2021

I really want our clubs to get to the point where the rivalry is for big Finals spots rather than this manufactured rubbish.
100% mate

At the moment is us vs the rest of the country

One of these days it'll be us vs you guys in finals but for now it's Queensland brotherhood over all.

Lynch is a flog. There was absolute no reason to do that at all.

But otherwise, entertaining game. Very good performances by the youngsters. I thought the defence was brilliant. Missed opportunities were costly, and that silly 50 metre penalty.

The pressure was immense, especially in that 3rd quarter.
Does the review committee take into account Flogwit kicking a key goal?
They take into account the effect on players with headshots, they need to do the same with game impact
And how many frigging umpires do they need on a ground to make sure that s**t doesn't happen or gets seen?

Does the review committee take into account Flogwit kicking a key goal?
They take into account the effect on players with headshots, they need to do the same with game impact
And how many frigging umpires do they need on a ground to make sure that sh*t doesn't happen or gets seen?
Great point, we have all been talking about a low act re should or should not be suspended but not mention of why a free kick was not picked up until now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last year I went to Adelaide for the game against port and Sam saw me and waited for me to come through security to talk to me and thank me for coming to the game whereas most of the other players ran straight to the lounge! He really is a top guy and great for our club
Saw Sam at training last year had a chat, i said i would love one of the long sleeve training tops which the club don't sell and a year later when he remembered he sent one over with a nice letter, we keep in contact and he follows me on the gram. I send him messages after most games this year. Great bloke, very lucky to have him as a supporter and club

I don’t want to lambast Brandon Ellis heavily but I was disappointed to see him laughing and having a social event at Fulltime last night.
Compare that to the great man Sam Collins who’s over it.
You are going to get that with a bloke like Brandon, he is a very happy go lucky sorta bloke so you won't see losses sit to heavily with him. He just moves onto the next game

You are going to get that with a bloke like Brandon, he is a very happy go lucky sorta bloke so you won't see losses sit to heavily with him. He just moves onto the next game

Yeah I’m trying to say that I’m 2/10 disappointed. It’s low level. I just don’t like it but I know many/most are fine with it these days.

Hi there, was just wanting to know everyones thoughts on Rankine, yes sure he is a talent when e does flashy things, but doesnt seem to do the basic things well or team things when it matters. Looked very lazy and couldnt care less attitude last night. A couple of times looked as though he thought it was just going to be so easy for him. Past fortnight its come across that way, might be time for a wake up call to make him realise this AFL stuff isnt handed out on a plate. You need to work hard. In closing I think he will be a very good player and hasa done some good things but last 2 weeks gone missing.

Hi there, was just wanting to know everyones thoughts on Rankine, yes sure he is a talent when e does flashy things, but doesnt seem to do the basic things well or team things when it matters. Looked very lazy and couldnt care less attitude last night. A couple of times looked as though he thought it was just going to be so easy for him. Past fortnight its come across that way, might be time for a wake up call to make him realise this AFL stuff isnt handed out on a plate. You need to work hard. In closing I think he will be a very good player and hasa done some good things but last 2 weeks gone missing.
Disagree with most of that. His defensive work is what got him into the game. Not usually a sign of laziness or lacking the basics.

Disagree with most of that. His defensive work is what got him into the game. Not usually a sign of laziness or lacking the basics.
So do you think being behind an opponent most of the night especially last night, one handed stuff is acceptable? Wind back to a couple of games ago his defensive work gave away 2 free kicks down the ground for late tackles . Great to hear other opinions. As I said he will be a very good player but needs to get basics right. Even Dunstall called one of his efforts last night lazy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back