Review Round 12 vs Richmond @ The GABBA (17/8/20 at 7:10pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Corbo potentially blew his one chance when he had an open goal which resulted in no score in game we drew. Harsh but true.
Sorry, but I disagree. You don't assess a player's performance on one mistake. Re-watching, I could see plenty of mistakes made by every player including Collins, Ballard. I just wonder if Sam Day shouted him a warning. Most probably not. Corbett played well, did a lot of good things. It was his first game in a long time and only his AFL game number 10. He has a potential. Personally, I would say he played better and was more useful for the team plan than Sexton in his last game. I bet he stays.

Last edited:
I don't really understand why you're pushing for this so hard. A win over Richmond would mean we're just two points behind 8th place. Why jeopardise a position to potentially play finals this year? It's not like we're swimming with injuries or desperately need to rest guys. They majority of our players seem to be dealing with the short breaks just fine and aren't getting injured.

The players you've listed only get a chance late in the season if our season is dead and buried. Not now when we're still in the hunt for finals. You only "deserve" a chance to play if you earn it.

My reasons are
1-my own amusement
2-I consider forums like BF to be entertainment as well as discussion, a bit like being at the pub
3-as an expression of my disdain for the VFL fixturing
4-I want us to be ready for our very best performance in Darwin.

Corbett was good, offered much more than Sexton has over the past couple of weeks.

I thought he offered up really well
But at the end of the day he didn’t kick a goal
I’d be giving him another shot but my overall feeling is he just doesn’t handle the step up
We know Sexxy at his best is a weapon
Josh may only have another game or 2 to convince us he can play AFL level footy

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I thought he offered up really well
But at the end of the day he didn’t kick a goal
I’d be giving him another shot but my overall feeling is he just doesn’t handle the step up
We know Sexxy at his best is a weapon
Josh may only have another game or 2 to convince us he can play AFL level footy

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
he should have kicked one though...

If he only plays a couple more for his career or gets dropped thats grossly unfair

I'm really enjoying watching the GC kids play with enthusiasm and flair and i would have to say my favourite player to watch (non Richmond) is Rankine
Hope they all play but i think that would depend on how they are travelling and iff they can finish the season off fit and running.

Love to see Brodie play just to see what the kid has and surprised he has not been played yet, Also whilst here whats the thinking about Brandon Ellis are you guys happy with what he has delivered so far

Sorry, but I disagree. You don't assess a player's performance on one mistake. Re-watching, I could see plenty of mistakes made by every player including Collins, Ballard. I just wonder if Sam Day shouted him a warning. Most probably not. Corbett played well, did a lot of good things. It was his first game in a long time and only his AFL game number 10. He has a potential. Personally, I would say he played better and was more useful for the team plan than Sexton in his last game. I bet he stays.
You don't have to apologise. We're all entitled to our opinion on here. I was trying to come up with a reason as to why someone would go out for Sexton (who is apparently definitely playing) and Corbett's open goal moment was what I came up with. King, Rankine and Day obviously keep their spots with the way they played. I doubt Ainsworth will be dropped. It's probably down to Lemmens, Corbett and Flanders for Sexton to get back in the team. I have a strong feeling Dew won't want to drop Flanders after one game and he seems to really like the pressure Lemmo provides in the forward line. Therefore, I think Corbett may be the unlucky one to go out for Sexton. I could be way off though.

I'm really enjoying watching the GC kids play with enthusiasm and flair and i would have to say my favourite player to watch (non Richmond) is Rankine
Hope they all play but i think that would depend on how they are travelling and iff they can finish the season off fit and running.

Love to see Brodie play just to see what the kid has and surprised he has not been played yet, Also whilst here whats the thinking about Brandon Ellis are you guys happy with what he has delivered so far
Ellis actually far exceeded what I thought he would provide.
My expectations we’re quite low but I think he would comfortably be in the top 10 b+f

I’m in favour of 3 or 4 changes. Just replace the most fatigued players with someone who could play a similar role. Something like Sharp in for Anderson or Hanley in for Harbrow. Macpherson should definitely come back in. His form had been ok & the rest should have him cherry ripe for Monday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TEAM for Mondays Game

Harbrow Collins Lukosius
Bowes Ballard Swallow
Ellis Brodie Weller
Sexton Day Ainsworth
Geenwood King MacPherson
Wright
Miles
Miller
Fiorini Flanders Corbett Lemmens

Out Budarick Powell Anderson Rankin Witts ALL Rested.

Young guys need a break either Monday night or Friday.
Witts has struggled last few games needs a rest ( no marks past two games)
If Brodie and Wright not played in next fortnight then sadly I would say their papers are stamped.
Midfield need more rotations just to maintain constant pressure.

We are trying to make the finals. You have to pick best 22 every game unless they are injured..
Corbett showed plenty, he is exactly what we need, a third tall who is strong, can take a grab, kick multiple and keep it in to an extent.. we must persevere because he could be part of our upcoming premiership team.. put him in because he is part of our best 22 now and because he could be a match winner going fwd..
If he got a call from a teammate and kicked that goal or the one where he hit the post.. we would all be singing his praises.. we can't throw him out because of one split second decision went array... Otherwise we would be dropping 6 blokes a week..
Suns are building something here... Luko, Rankine, Bowes are going to be all Australian types very soon..
Corbett is just the high end role player that every succesful team needs to challenge for premierships...
This talk of throwing games when we can potentially make the finals and after we have been competing so well of late is absolute garbage! Just mystifying!

We are trying to make the finals. You have to pick best 22 every game unless they are injured..
Corbett showed plenty, he is exactly what we need, a third tall who is strong, can take a grab, kick multiple and keep it in to an extent.. we must persevere because he could be part of our upcoming premiership team.. put him in because he is part of our best 22 now and because he could be a match winner going fwd..
If he got a call from a teammate and kicked that goal or the one where he hit the post.. we would all be singing his praises.. we can't throw him out because of one split second decision went array... Otherwise we would be dropping 6 blokes a week..
Suns are building something here... Luko, Rankine, Bowes are going to be all Australian types very soon..
Corbett is just the high end role player that every succesful team needs to challenge for premierships...
This talk of throwing games when we can potentially make the finals and after we have been competing so well of late is absolute garbage! Just mystifying!
Would need to win the next 5 out of 6 games to make finals unfortunately.
The general view is 9 wins. 36 points, or like some of us, 38 (36 + the draw)

Last edited:
Do we really need to rest players when we have a bye coming up in two weeks from now plus the equivalent of another bye gap between Carlton and North games?

Aug 17 - Richmond @ Gabba
Aug 21 - Carlton @ Darwin (four day break)
Aug 30 - North @ Metricon (nine day break)
BYE
Sep 9 - Brisbane @ Gabba (ten day break)

Have to agree. We need to go into every game believing we can win. Play the best available players.

Last edited:
Would need to win the next 5 out of 6 games to make finals unfortunately.
The general view is 9 wins. 36 points, or like some of us, 38 (36 + the draw)
Not sure that's unfortunate..
I choose to believe, and not based on blind one eyed supportership but on what we have dished up.. doesn't take much to change our fortunes.. just imagine the confidence we will get if we can knock off Richmond..
My point is, don't tank when we have a chance to make finals...
And fortunately we do have a chance, a red hot chance.. can't believe some people want to throw that away..

Do we really need to rest players when we have a bye coming up in two weeks from now plus the equivalent of another bye gap between Carlton and North games?

Aug 17 - Richmond @ Gabba
Aug 21 - Carlton @ Darwin (four day break)
Aug 30 - North @ Metricon (nine day break)
BYE
Sep 9 - Brisbane @ Gabba (ten day break)

Have to agree. We need to go into every game believing we can win. Play the best available players.

Yes we do.
B Joyce Graham Murdoch
HB Dawson Hombsch McLennan
C CEllis Miles Hanley
HF McPherson Burgess Sharp
F Holman Conroy Rosas
Foll ZSmith Heron Schoenfeld
Int Fletcher Farar Murtagh Towey

Only 22 changes. Not too many.
Beat Carlton.

Yes we do.
B Joyce Graham Murdoch
C CEllis Miles Hanley
F Holman Conroy Rosas
Foll ZSmith Heron Schoenfeld

Only 22 changes. Not too many.
Beat Carlton.
No need to post it again and again. Sorry, it took me so long but I finally got it. It's a joke. Let's tank for your entertainment while building a winning culture. Laughing.

You should send it to Dew, Evans and Cochrane so they can have a laugh too.

Not sure that's unfortunate..
I choose to believe, and not based on blind one eyed supportership but on what we have dished up.. doesn't take much to change our fortunes.. just imagine the confidence we will get if we can knock off Richmond..
My point is, don't tank when we have a chance to make finals...
And fortunately we do have a chance, a red hot chance.. can't believe some people want to throw that away..
I'm not saying it's not impossible, just saying 9 weeks is what I've heard that's needed to qualify. And it won't be easy. Just have to go into every game determined to win.

Shoenfeld injured

oh yeah I updated it yesterday
I just copied and pasted the wrong Bods 22 then
B Joyce Graham Murdoch
C CEllis Miles Hanley
F Holman Conroy Rosas
Foll ZSmith GHS Heron

GHS in for Schoenfeld. He’s apparently fit again.

I'm not saying it's not impossible, just saying 9 weeks is what I've heard that's needed to qualify. And it won't be easy. Just have to go into every game determined to win.
If 9 is required then 8.5 might do the job based on other results. Hypothetical - our best chances to accumulate wins are against Carlton, North and Hawthorn so let's say for argument's sake we beat all 3. That would give us 7.5 wins. The remaining fixtures are Collingwood, Brisbane and Richmond. We might only need to win 1 of those to play finals with 8.5 wins and a positive percentage.

Can we beat Collingwood? Possibly. Can we beat Brisbane? Unlikely. Can we beat Richmond? Let's find out on Monday with the best available team!

If 9 is required then 8.5 might do the job based on other results. Hypothetical - our best chances to accumulate wins are against Carlton, North and Hawthorn so let's say for argument's sake we beat all 3. That would give us 7.5 wins. The remaining fixtures are Collingwood, Brisbane and Richmond. We might only need to win 1 of those to play finals with 8.5 wins and a positive percentage.

Can we beat Collingwood? Possibly. Can we beat Brisbane? Unlikely. Can we beat Richmond? Let's find out on Monday with the best available team!
yeah, 8.5 could do it, given the top 8 (apart from the pies) will be playing each other. All I try to do is focus on yourself, and then hope for the best with other results.

Suns can win 3 at very least. Carlton. Norf. Hawks. Pies 50/50, brisbane 50/50

Remove this Banner Ad

Back