Unofficial Preview Round 12 vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond received 1 free kick in the last half against West Coast... (to 14). That's not many.

How did you get a free in Perth???!!! :eek: ;)

If we try our slow chippy style of play against them we are going to get reamed. I hope Hinkley rolls the dice and gets the boys playing a more attacking
A lot of us think the same but and it's a big but Bassett runs our defence. While it's effective it's vulnerable predictable and
boring as batshit. Kick 20m to loose man pause or long to boundary, either way the next move is pause short kick.
There's no variation or play-on link up to multiple targets. Constipated BS footy every frick'in time.
Bassett's style is an open sore to me.

I used to ******* hate Richmond but I've grown on them in recent times, especially after they destroyed the Crers in last year's grand final and I really like the way they play. Their overwhelming pressure as a team and ability to score big reminds me of the game-plan we were trying to get right in 2017, I admire them for getting it right, yet we are a bloody long way off that one now. If we try our slow chippy style of play against them we are going to get reamed. I hope Hinkley rolls the dice and gets the boys playing a more attacking, taking-the-game-on kind of style, because at least then if we lose it will look like we tried and won't be as ugly as having to watch our chip-kicks get intercepted all night. Don't have much faith for that though.
Probably helps we don't have Chappy on our list any more

A lot of us think the same but and it's a big but Bassett runs our defence. While it's effective it's vulnerable predictable and
boring as batshit. Kick 20m to loose man pause or long to boundary, either way the next move is pause short kick.
There's no variation or play-on link up to multiple targets. Constipated BS footy every frick'in time.
Bassett's style is an open sore to me.
Yeah but last year we had the second best attack in terms of goals scored and third best defence in terms of goals conceded. This year we are 8th for defence and 10th for attack. Defensively and offensively we were better last year, even if that was skewed because we beat up on the s**t teams - but at least we beat the s**t teams last year. I thought that defensively we were incredibly solid last year, and offensively we just needed to improve the efficiency of our goal-kicking and forward 50 entries - which also tied into simply taking control in the midfield a bit better - which is why we recruited Motlop, Rockliff and Watts. Instead we seem to have changed from a style that was nearly working to a completely new style that is as you've said, vulnerable, predictable and boring as ****. I'd even argue that it's actually not effective at all. The games we've looked better in - Freo, Sydney second half, North Melbourne, Crows second half - we actually took on the game with a more attacking mindset. Don't know why the coaches are so ******* oblivious to the style that's clearly working better...

Yeah but last year we had the second best attack in terms of goals scored and third best defence in terms of goals conceded. This year we are 8th for defence and 10th for attack. Defensively and offensively we were better last year, even if that was skewed because we beat up on the s**t teams - but at least we beat the s**t teams last year. I thought that defensively we were incredibly solid last year, and offensively we just needed to improve the efficiency of our goal-kicking and forward 50 entries - which also tied into simply taking control in the midfield a bit better - which is why we recruited Motlop, Rockliff and Watts. Instead we seem to have changed from a style that was nearly working to a completely new style that is as you've said, vulnerable, predictable and boring as ****. I'd even argue that it's actually not effective at all. The games we've looked better in - Freo, Sydney second half, North Melbourne, Crows second half - we actually took on the game with a more attacking mindset. Don't know why the coaches are so ******* oblivious to the style that's clearly working better...
Especially when, as you say, we were doing so well in the second half of the crows match. In fact they had no chance till half way through the last when we started to "protect" the lead. People talk of Wingard's brain fades in the EF and the last 2 minutes of the showdown but the truth is we should not have been in the position where one error can undo the whole thing. In the showdown we had plenty of chances to build on our last quarter lead and should have held the ball in our forward lines, not our back lines. It's simple logic, turn the ball over in the forward lines and the other team still has to do a lot of things right to get a score of any kind at all. Turn it over in the back lines and they only have to do one thing right to get a goal.

Its just set up to be poetic if Dusty is out and we still lose. Lol

I hope if anyone, it’s Josh Caddy. Hes on flames at the moment.
It would probably mean Rioli comes in.

Any word on Paddy being rested?
If so, Tiges by 34pts

There is an Adelaide supporter on Richmond's preview thread [pg 4] saying it's Dusty. You can hear his/her? tears in the posts as he/she laments the unjustness of the world.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we play our game plan then we will lose.

If we play a game where players are allowed to take risks and attack then we win.

What do you guys predict will happen?

Its just set up to be poetic if Dusty is out and we still lose. Lol

I hope if anyone, it’s Josh Caddy. Hes on flames at the moment.
It would probably mean Rioli comes in.

Any word on Paddy being rested?
If so, Tiges by 34pts
You’re right! It doesn’t matter who is out from the oppo team.
Whereas any other side would take their opportunity we still find a way to lose

If Richmond play at 90% or better, we lose by 40+.

If we play at our absolute best and Richmond are off... we are a chance.

I’m not sure where or how we can stretch them. Their high pressure style is perfectly suited to crushing our game plan built on holding possession when we can’t use the corridor or move it quickly. Our skills have wilted against lesser sides, I can’t see them holding up against the best.

Dixon and Wingard are out of form. Ryder is carrying an injury. Our midfield is stacked with big names incapable of doing what they are supposed to do.

Richmond by 50.

The thing is we’re capable of winning. We just haven’t gelled this season. I’m hoping a string of home games helps this. I know it’s wishful thinking.

If Rance plays like he did last time Richmond were at AO I'd rather he stays. Was given an absolute bath by Josh The Goose of all people. Directly cost Richmond about 6 goals.

Does anyone want to buy 2 guest passes to the Western members stand for the night? My mate bought them using my membership but can’t go anymore. I believe they are around $50 each?

If Rance plays like he did last time Richmond were at AO I'd rather he stays. Was given an absolute bath by Josh The Goose of all people. Directly cost Richmond about 6 goals.
True but Adelaide can hit a target up forward even when it's Jenkins

Our rolling maul and high up n under bomb to nowhere suits him perfectly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back