Review Round 12 vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

If you want to know that it's bullshit...apparently that crowd of 39936 last night was:

1613 more than what we got to Fremantle in the opening round (38323)

3573 more than we got to Brisbane in Round 3 (36363)

5436 less than we got to Geelong in Round 5 (45372)

11,031 less than we got to Adelaide in Round 8 (50967)

And here's the real kicker - 529 more than what Adelaide got to the Western Bulldogs in Round 9 (39407) when it was pouring with rain the entire game.

Now...if you want to know about numbers that are fudged...any time you get a number that consists of the same digits repeated, it's almost ALWAYS made up, because lying requires imagination (right hemisphere of the brain) instead of logic (left hemisphere of the brain):

I don't think they are adding our totals to Adelaide. Why would they want to pay Adelaide more money? I do think they are just simply making up crowd totals for us though.
Here is another one for you, last nights crowd was only 123 more than last year's SANFL grand final crowd of 39,813.

And they didnt open up Level 5 of the Riverbank Stand for the SANFL GF.

Enjoy the weekend away. They are taxing but can be very enjoyable if you are with a good set of patents (or are you playing?).

If you see a big bloke, associated with North Adelaide, wearing his Port gear tell him you look forward to seeing him wear his Bar Rouge cap next Thursday.

They are taxing, especially if your the muppet driving them over, and no I am not playing, son is..... playing for the Bearcats. But no more taxing than watching Port <Muppets....

If I see him and he is within ear shot, I will give him a tap on the shoulder...

FACT: 600+ odd teams here for the weekend, 10per team from around Australia and New Zealand. do the math... that some serious tourism $$$ for a long weekend.... Stadiums are great....

Neade, like Impey before him, is playing the pressure forward who locks the ball in to the forward 50 rather than the traditional forward that is there to kick goals. It's why Marshall replaces him in the side - you actually want a tall target in that role who can create space by being able to kick goals from 45m out as well as being able to lock the ball inside 50.

As for the 80 rotations - you'll probably find due to the early bye that we are fresher than Hawthorn and Richmond, so there was no need to use all of them. Especially in a game which became less about running during the second half.
Whatever Neade is doing it aint much chop. Running around and chasing and corralling players might get you pressure act stats and pressure points, but if you aren't tackling you aren't necessarily stopping the ball getting out of the forward 50. He had 2 tackles. We need front and centre or front and to the side players if we continue to bomb the ball to Charlie and a pack like we have all year. That isn't going to change much. The Grays aren't good at doing that, neither is Wingard, Boak or anyone else we stick up there it seems.

Hawthorn used 90 but Richmond only used 78 so I dont think the bye is the answer last night for both teams and Astbury's ankle injury didn't cause that much of an issue given he played 100.1 minutes of a potential 120.5 minutes. The Hawks did use 90 but I saw their figure 80 late in the game last week when we were on 78 and incorrectly assumed they didnt get to 90 when I posted earlier.

They are taxing, especially if your the muppet driving them over, and no I am not playing, son is..... playing for the Bearcats. But no more taxing than watching Port <Muppets....

If I see him and he is within ear shot, I will give him a tap on the shoulder...

FACT: 600+ odd teams here for the weekend, 10per team from around Australia and New Zealand. do the math... that some serious tourism $$$ for a long weekend.... Stadiums are great....

Yes they are taxing for sure and the stadiums are great.
I went over about 7 years in a row with my daughters. On a couple of occasions my eldest daughter played out at Nunawading and the youngest at Albert Park. A bloody lot of driving done that weekend.

I haven't read all the posts but did anyone else think Clurey on Rievolt wasn't the best match up?
Personally I thought Howard was the perfect match up.

Yes they are taxing for sure and the stadiums are great.
I went over about 7 years in a row with my daughters. On a couple of occasions my eldest daughter played out at Nunawading and the youngest at Albert Park. A bloody lot of driving done that weekend.

This is the 4th time for me in a row, in the same Nunawading comp. Thank Google for the maps....

Whilst going to the game this morning, I had the radio on SEN, KB was dam sure yesterday that his team would get up yesterday, however this morning he was flat as a tac, he and Rowey must be hombres, but KB has more brains than Rowey....

One Richmond caller said Port controlled the game for 10mins.... sort of true because of the margin we won by, but if our muppets would of kicked straight that coulda, shoulda or woulda of been a 30 to 40 point win... not so controlling after all.

I think we controlled that game somewhat, even with the thumbles and dropped marks and poor decision making. having said that, this means that Richmond were pathetic going by that logic. So are they really GF contenders..... last year was a lucky year..... there are better teams at present who are more likely contenders, and that aint one of us either.

I don't think I've ever heard Jared Polec speak before. He has Jacob Surjan/El_Scorcho chipmunk voice.
You must have heard those interviews he did when he got to club and half explained his trollec activities.

I don't know if it's already been mentioned, but Polec kicked on his right boot at least twice last night and both were effective kicks that he finessed nicely off his boot. I have no idea why he doesn't use his right more.
The one in the 3rd quarter when he was up against the members side boundary line he kicked it well, the commentators said something about it, and it went 40m and put it near the top of the goal square to a 50/50 contest. Can't remember the other one.

Whilst going to the game this morning, I had the radio on SEN, KB was dam sure yesterday that his team would get up yesterday, however this morning he was flat as a tac, he and Rowey must be hombres, but KB has more brains than Rowey....

One Richmond caller said Port controlled the game for 10mins.... sort of true because of the margin we won by, but if our muppets would of kicked straight that coulda, shoulda or woulda of been a 30 to 40 point win... not so controlling after all.

I think we controlled that game somewhat, even with the thumbles and dropped marks and poor decision making. having said that, this means that Richmond were pathetic going by that logic. So are they really GF contenders..... last year was a lucky year..... there are better teams at present who are more likely contenders, and that aint one of us either.
We controlled 90% of that game. What oppo supporters dont realise is our slopball bassball approach of a nil all draw is us actually controlling the game..

Yea they are contenders, they had an off night. (Mostly due to being off the g for once..)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We controlled 90% of that game. What oppo supporters dont realise is our slopball bassball approach of a nil all draw is us actually controlling the game..

Yea they are contenders, they had an off night. (Mostly due to being off the g for once..)

That game was played almost entirely on our terms. Ken had a good night in the box.

That game was played almost entirely on our terms. Ken had a good night in the box.
If they think holding onto a 4 goal lead for an hour by shutting the game right down is going to work each week they will get a rude shock. Got away with it last night, might not again

If they think holding onto a 4 goal lead for an hour by shutting the game right down is going to work each week they will get a rude shock. Got away with it last night, might not again

I'm not sure that was part of the plan. But when scoring dries up for whatever reason, be it lack of opportunities, missed chances etc, being able to halt your opponents momentum and dry up their avenues to goal is pretty important.

Nah. The strategy goes deeper than that. We are playing two styles of game within a game and that is smart coaching. We just need to be more consistent with our output and we can definitely give the flag a tilt.

Nah. The strategy goes deeper than that. We are playing two styles of game within a game and that is smart coaching. We just need to be more consistent with our output and we can definitely give the flag a tilt.
Assuming you are right, are we good enough to flick the switch back and forth during a game or even during a quarter? I have my doubts. I think we have been good in the third quarter because we have the time to reset and flick the switch successfully then.

We did the same v the crows for most of the last qtr. Got very very lucky that mots bailed us out of the biggest choke in recent history..
We have done the same crap for years, 1 goal in a half and 70 points in a game isnt going to cut it.. geez even last week v the hawks we did it.. its nothing new, it generally gives us close liw scoring losses..

We did the same v the crows for most of the last qtr. Got very very lucky that mots bailed us out of the biggest choke in recent history..
We have done the same crap for years, 1 goal in a half and 70 points in a game isnt going to cut it.. geez even last week v the hawks we did it.. its nothing new, it generally gives us close liw scoring losses..
I guess we will see. I went to Alberton in the pre season game against the crows and it was obvious to me what was going on. I think you are being a bit harsh tbh.

Most played really good and it was a solid early start. Good on the forwards (especially Dixon) for out competing Rance early on and having him rattled.

Hopefully Port can go on a bit of winning streak now.

Assuming you are right, are we good enough to flick the switch back and forth during a game or even during a quarter? I have my doubts. I think we have been good in the third quarter because we have the time to reset and flick the switch successfully then.
Maybe. Time will tell. The talent is there no doubt. I think our issues are mental and have been for awhile.

I guess we will see. I went to Alberton in the pre season game against the crows and it was obvious to me what was going on. I think you are being a bit harsh tbh.
Yeah i saw that. Played poorly for a half then properly for a half..
Not harsh, the results over the last few years are there for all to see..
The lack of scoring the defensive slop.. its all right there.. open the game up and no one can go with us.

Yeah i saw that. Played poorly fir a half then priperly fir a half..
The lack of scoring the defensive slop.. its all right there.. open the game up and no one can go with us.
Yeah. Look, I don’t wear rose coloured glasses or anything, but I do believe we have the talent to win the flag. I don’t think that there is a a much more talented teM than ours, but we do still have some work to do. But s**t we definitely can win it.

Yeah i saw that. Played poorly for a half then properly for a half..

But did we play poorly? I thought Hinckley was trying something in the first half and then opened them up with a different game plan in the second half.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back