Preview Round 13 – North Melbourne vs GWS Giants, Sunday 16th June, Blundstone Oval, 3.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
what role do we see jake playing? Haynes'?
I'd say he'd play on Mason Wood who is I think a similar type of athlete and size. Tarryn Thomas another likely match up.

So from there:

Davis - Brown
Taylor - Larkey

Not sure who Shaw goes to - maybe Zurhaar.

Kennedy and Williams the two rebound defenders.

Big call to name Stein for his debut in Tasmania but with Haynes, Corr and Keefe injured the mc must have wanted a 3rd tall in the defence and now the pressure goes on the mids to make sure that the Roos dont get to many easy forward 50 entries
Unlucky for Cumming and hopefully he cant get back in the senior team this year
It will be interesting to see the final 22 but likely Greene and Stein in for Cumming and Haynes

Mummy doesn’t need to be schlepping out to the airport and flying to a miserable Hobart (weather wise). Perfect game to have the perfectly acceptable (managed) next to his name.

In: Big Daws
I like that

also

HATELY! YOU MOFOs

It looks like we’ll be without Nick Haynes next week, which is a real blow, because he is always so dependable down back. Hopefully that ankle injury is nothing serious. From the sound of things Toby will return, but he seems a shadow of his former self, and has for some time. We don't really have any replacements for either of them and won't until the week after the bye.

Haynes is a massive out in the context of this game. His intercept marking and game reading has pulled us apart, in Tassie too.

You guys are loaded with talent but he's the one who has been most damaging against us.

Should be a good game, shame I'll miss it.

Huge for both sides - we win this, we go into the bye thinking a finals assault is a real go, you guys would want the win going into the bye to steady the top four run.

(I won't be at all surprised to see Rhys try and get one over his brother by playing Tarryn Thomas on him and giving Tarryn Thonas licence to go for it, he was bloody good last week before a tag was sent to him. Got the Rising Star nom. If Tarryn can give Heath a hard time - he'll look to tackle him hard too - Rhys would love getting one over his bro. And vice versa)

Mummy doesn’t need to be schlepping out to the airport and flying to a miserable Hobart (weather wise). Perfect game to have the perfectly acceptable (managed) next to his name.

In: Big Daws

Disagree, Goldy can be vulnerable if "got to" physically early in the game, but is also in great form and will destroy an opponent who is anything but top shelf.

He could well provide the match turning difference against the likes of Simpson, who is an honest toiler. Where if Mummy belts him early, it could turn the game GWS way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree much better, so far, 2019 over 2018. Last year was bad.
In fairness, last game he didn’t kick any out on the full. We were all waiting for it but it never came.
He even got pinged for deliberate after kicking a ball 50m and it taking a steep bounce to the left.
The umpires must think he’s accurate. C’mon get onboard the Heath-Train.

Buntine coning in makes it a very defender heavy side with the 3 talls and then Reid and Buntine unless Buntine plays as the defensive forward
Lloyd unlucky but I think they are looking for more defensive output from him although he seems to have been ok with that IMO
Hoping the mids can get on top early and it will be a tough contest with the big strong bodies of the Roos mids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back