Preview Round 13, 2017 - Port Adelaide vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rate his kicking. Feel sorry for him with injuries. Don't know him. But yeah, think that he is best 22.
Agree,showed heaps initially I remember him bathing Jones on the G,injuries have done for him ...very sorry for him.

Every club has there own whipping boy i spose, Hartlett is a strange one, he stayed loyal and signed a long term deal on good coin, then seemed to overstay his welcome they tried to trade him out & he seemed pretty disinterested in leaving. Same with lobbe got a long term deal & then a year later they trade to replace him. A few strange list management decisions there.

Boak isn't the player he was a few years ago but he's still a good player so not sure why so much hate. He still makes them a better team for being there.

I just think port are under pressure to take a scalp but so far they have had a softish draw, and every time they've come up against top ranked opposition they've lost- usually narrowly but on paper Freo are still their best win - which isn't saying much
Witherdon, Cox and Skinner are queing up.

If we can jag a win will be fun to watch them melt down. The key is getting off to a good start - port like to start fast and then just ski downhill for the rest of the game. The longer we can stay with them the more the pressure will build

Here is a real picture of Ken Hinkley at last week's game ...

article-1370720-0B5F660000000578-87_468x348.jpg

Hilarious, port fans are up in arms that Howard (i think thats his name) isn't named after his 8 goals? performance in the ressies
Yeh and the guy is just hitting the 12 months after an acl injury.
80% of their board aren't even interested in this game as it will be a given and then next week they'll get flogged by a real team.
I hope I never get complacent about getting wins like these flogs.
Pffft wingers.

Yeh and the guy is just hitting the 12 months after an acl injury.
80% of their board aren't even interested in this game as it will be a given and then next week they'll get flogged by a real team.
I hope I never get complacent about getting wins like these flogs.
Pffft wingers.
Yeah interesting mindset over there. Sitting on 6 wins with the second highest percentage in the league and the potential to go fourth this week and they aren't happy. Some real feeling against Hinkley and some of their better players including Robbie Gray. Will be a meltdown if they lose.

Yeah interesting mindset over there. Sitting on 6 wins with the second highest percentage in the league and the potential to go fourth this week and they aren't happy. Some real feeling against Hinkley and some of their better players including Robbie Gray. Will be a meltdown if they lose.
And won't it be beautiful!

I reckon we're a chance here. I've honestly never seen the boys so up and about (check out this weeks locker talk). Been so many positives coming out of the club, I really liked the combination of players especially our forwardline. Doggies have shown that you don't need 3 big keys to score and last week we kicked a big score with imo our most dynamic forwardline.

Rocky off his chain this week too, got some comfort back into his shoulder. Confident enthusiastic effort and I think we're a real chance.

I can kind of understand where they are coming from. They haven't beaten anyone of note and will get smashed come the business end of the season. Going to be glorious.

I reckon we're a chance here. I've honestly never seen the boys so up and about (check out this weeks locker talk). Been so many positives coming out of the club, I really liked the combination of players especially our forwardline. Doggies have shown that you don't need 3 big keys to score and last week we kicked a big score with imo our most dynamic forwardline.

Rocky off his chain this week too, got some comfort back into his shoulder. Confident enthusiastic effort and I think we're a real chance.
We did find out on locker talk why Belly doesn't throw that Tarzan body of his around on the field, he's a cleanliness freak and he's under the thumb. No way he would want to wear or take home dirty shorts.

The interesting thing about being inconsistent, is that by definition we will sometimes show good skills and accuracy. Last week was one of those times. Skills were very good and we had freakish accuracy in front of goals. Like the Bulldogs game, we could hardly miss. 7 goals before we registered a behind (although there was an OOB on the full from a shot). Big ask to do it 2 weeks in a row and history suggests we won't, but a large influence is surely mental. What the players think of the opposition possibly plays a part in the mindset they take into games, and Port could be viewed 2 ways. They have been good, and fast, but they have been horrible on occasion too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barring injuries I don't think we'll see too many changes for the rest of the year. Really liked the dynamic last week with Cuts on the wing, Harzy up forward and Smith creating a contest up forward that brought all our smalls into the game.

Don't think we'll win but anything is possible if we play like we did last week.

What do you mean by performance....coaches are looking for qualities that he apparently cant deliver.
I'm being facetious Len S. There as a bit of an puff piece, I think from the Lions Website, suggesting that Bell and Claye Beams would be pressing for selection this week after their form in the ressies. My response was Bell! LOL

Did anyone notice that although it is an unchanged team some of the positions have changed slightly? Particularly the 6 forward players....it might be just me not remembering the previous team sheet.

Anyhow, hoping for a good effort tomorrow as it's my birthday. Hope my wishes come true!!

Did anyone notice that although it is an unchanged team some of the positions have changed slightly? Particularly the 6 forward players....it might be just me not remembering the previous team sheet.

Anyhow, hoping for a good effort tomorrow as it's my birthday. Hope my wishes come true!!

Positions on the team sheet means nothing mate.

How can you be expected to remember last week's team sheet? Just getting sober over here in London. The Chablis is very cheap.

All positions are exactly identical to last week's.

Happy Birthday S69, by the look of your profile picture/avatar you've had a few of them, personally once I had my 50th I stopped celebrating and hoped it would pass by unnoticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back