Review Round 13, 2018: Richmond v Box Hill Hawks, 30 June 2018, 11.30am @ Punt Road Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond 0.2-2 5.5-35 9.9-63 14.11-95
Box Hill Hawks
1.3-9 5.8-38 6.10-46 6.12-48

Richmond
Goal Kickers: P. Naish 2, J. Aarts 2, C. Moore 2, T. Stengle 2, T. Silvestro, K. Mcintosh, S. Bolton, C. Coleman-Jones, B. Wood, J. Ballard
Best Players: C. Ellis, L. Baker, S. Bolton, C. Menadue, D. Coffield, J. Aarts
Box Hill Hawks
Goal Kickers: J. Worpel 2, D. Moore, J. Cousins, R. Schoenmakers, M. Doreian
Best Players: J. Worpel, J. Cousins, H. Jones, R. Schoenmakers, B. Whitecross, D. Mirra

A terrific first half against a very good team. I love the courage of Harry Jones. Worpel had a great second quarter and it was good to watch his confidence come back. Brand played a very good game and along with Mirra stopped many forward 50 entries.

CJ only played the second half. Took a nice mark. Very classy, looking forward to how he will go with some fitness. Best prospect I have seen in a while.

Worp blitzed the clearances in the first half. Dunno if he ran out of petrol tickets but he can find the footy in close.

Did not notice Moore. Harry Jones tagged their Miles. Did a great job, Jones got belted all day but just kept getting up. One tough hombre.

We're slow. Our kids did well, our senior blokes did not.

CJ only played the second half. Took a nice mark. Very classy, looking forward to how he will go with some fitness. Best prospect I have seen in a while.

Worp blitzed the clearances in the first half. Dunno if he ran out of petrol tickets but he can find the footy in close.

Did not notice Moore. Harry Jones tagged their Miles. Did a great job, Jones got belted all day but just kept getting up. One tough hombre.

Worps spent most of the second half in the forward line, it doesn't make sense when we were getting smashed in the middle.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thanks. Disappointing CJ has had injuries as we need him up at the top level.

wGnAnWU.png

dKVbjN2.png

Was looking forward to this. How well did Harry Jones go on Miles!! Should have been given our BOG. Great to see Worp, Cuz and Harry in the votes. i would have had Pitto ahead of Schoey, WhiteX and Mirra by a fair margin.

Was looking forward to this. How well did Harry Jones go on Miles!! Should have been given our BOG. Great to see Worp, Cuz and Harry in the votes. i would have had Pitto ahead of Schoey, WhiteX and Mirra by a fair margin.
Miles had it 23 times?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

57 DT points, not named in their best 6. Jones was never going to stop him getting the ball but he made sure he had buggar all influence. From 9 games Miles has been BOG 4 times and second best once. Fair to say he's having a good season. Harry had a late start to his rookie season but was still able to play a run with role for four quarters. Would not surprise if he gets a taste later in the year.

Dylan Moore did some quality things with one very good contested mark against a bigger opponent and winning a couple of two on one contests. Our game style of kicking wide doesn't suit him based on the way he used his pace to break the lines through the corridor in the grand final eve game. He could/should have kicked 2 goals.
CJ showed some freakish talent with his leap and a clever attempted tap on in a three on one contest. He took a very good mark 20 metres out on a 75% angle however his attempted check side shot was low percentage and missed the far behind post by a long way.
Jackson Ross is a really interesting player to watch. It's hard to describe the way he plays except to say he's a mobile 193cms who reads the play well and judges the flight of the ball well in a marking contest. He's slightly built and with some work in the gym could be a very good player.
Mitch Lewis injured his ankle early in the second quarter and should not be judge on his stats. Conor Nash is struggling as a forward and should be played in defense so he can run straight at the ball.
Jacob Townsend – Richmond
AFL Victoria’s Match Review Panel charged player Townsend for striking Box Hill Hawks player Andrew Moore during the second quarter of the VFL Round 13 match between Richmond and Box Hill Hawks on Saturday 30th June 2018 at the Swinburne Centre.
Based on the available video and medical report, the incident was assessed as intentional conduct with low impact and high contact. The incident was classified as a two match base sanction. The player has no applicable record which impacted the penalty. An early guilty plea enables the player to accept a one match sanction.

Very lucky he was not sited for at least 4 incidents involving punching to the head. He was disgusting as was Miles who landed punches to the heads of at least three players including Harry Jones who showed great courage by not being intimidated.

Jake Aarts – Richmond
AFL Victoria’s Match Review Panel charged player Aarts for engaging in rough conduct against Box Hill Hawks player Nelson Lane during the final quarter of the VFL Round 13 match between Richmond and Box Hill Hawks on Saturday 30th June 2018 at the Swinburne Centre.
Based on the available video evidence and medical report, the incident was assessed as careless conduct with high impact and high contact. The incident was classified as a three match sanction. The player has no applicable record which impacted the penalty. An early guilty plea enables the player to accept a two match sanction.

Dylan Moore did some quality things with one very good contested mark against a bigger opponent and winning a couple of two on one contests. Our game style of kicking wide doesn't suit him based on the way he used his pace to break the lines through the corridor in the grand final eve game. He could/should have kicked 2 goals.
CJ showed some freakish talent with his leap and a clever attempted tap on in a three on one contest. He took a very good mark 20 metres out on a 75% angle however his attempted check side shot was low percentage and missed the far behind post by a long way.
Jackson Ross is a really interesting player to watch. It's hard to describe the way he plays except to say he's a mobile 193cms who reads the play well and judges the flight of the ball well in a marking contest. He's slightly built and with some work in the gym could be a very good player.
Mitch Lewis injured his ankle early in the second quarter and should not be judge on his stats. Conor Nash is struggling as a forward and should be played in defense so he can run straight at the ball.
Jacob Townsend – Richmond
AFL Victoria’s Match Review Panel charged player Townsend for striking Box Hill Hawks player Andrew Moore during the second quarter of the VFL Round 13 match between Richmond and Box Hill Hawks on Saturday 30th June 2018 at the Swinburne Centre.
Based on the available video and medical report, the incident was assessed as intentional conduct with low impact and high contact. The incident was classified as a two match base sanction. The player has no applicable record which impacted the penalty. An early guilty plea enables the player to accept a one match sanction.

Very lucky he was not sited for at least 4 incidents involving punching to the head. He was disgusting as was Miles who landed punches to the heads of at least three players including Harry Jones who showed great courage by not being intimidated.

Jake Aarts – Richmond
AFL Victoria’s Match Review Panel charged player Aarts for engaging in rough conduct against Box Hill Hawks player Nelson Lane during the final quarter of the VFL Round 13 match between Richmond and Box Hill Hawks on Saturday 30th June 2018 at the Swinburne Centre.
Based on the available video evidence and medical report, the incident was assessed as careless conduct with high impact and high contact. The incident was classified as a three match sanction. The player has no applicable record which impacted the penalty. An early guilty plea enables the player to accept a two match sanction.

Thanks HH and to all the regular BHH watchers that give us that cant get to the games an insight of the next wave of Hawks.

I was very excited when we recruited Jackson Ross.
Has been following him on the draft boards.
The Port board were particularly keen on him, so to grab him late in the draft was a real bonus I thought.
I am very pleased to hear that he is impressing our regular BHH watchers.
I am led to believe that his body is not AFL ready, but would be interested to see if he gets considered late in the season if his form continues and we find ourselves out of finals contention. I would say Harry Morrison’s body was not AFL ready last year but he got a run.

I got a good feeling about the young man

I reckon Moore is already a better player than Lovell.

Yes Bums Jackson Ross is a nice prospect. Still a couple of preseasons away from having a sustained impact but agree they might give him a taste this year and he won't look out of place.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back