Preview Round 13 2019: Adelaide vs Richmond - Thursday, 13 June, Adelaide Oval, 7:50 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excluding the Bombers game where he was played out of position, Menadue has been solid and showed a lot of class under pressure. I'd rather him than the flashy but inconsistent Bolton.
Also doesn’t Menadue play the smaller grounds well? He was someone that played quite well against Port at Adelaide oval earlier on in the year wasn’t he?

I’m not a Menadue fan at all, but he has been decent for the majority of the games he’s played in this year.

Why ? I would go as well if another club offered me more playing time .

Leaving for opportunity is one thing, leaving because they feel they are entitled to selection because they played a couple of great games is another.

There’s obviously still defiencies in his game they want him to address and he would know this.

His time will come again.

If Bolton is leaving because he isn't being selected, then good riddance imo.

You expect him to hang around when he performs at VFL then gets pigeoned holed as a small forward at AFL level where as a small forward he is playing no worse than any of the other more experienced and hyped small forwards? Rioli and Higgins have both received contract extensions/pay rises and are showing little to no effort and getting rewarded for it.

Menadue has played a few good games this year, l can see an upside with him once he settles.
Bolton needs more consistancy but I’d have him in ahead of Rioli atm.
I would to, but I think I understand why they kept Rioli in.

He’s played over 50 games now and right at this point in time with all our outs and all the kids playing he’s one of our more experienced (sort of fit) players.

I think the coaches decided they just couldn’t play another inexperienced kid this week with both Cotchin and Edwards (almost 500 games between them!!!!) out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leaving for opportunity is one thing, leaving because they feel they are entitled to selection because they played a couple of great games is another.

There’s obviously still defiencies in his game they want him to address and he would know this.

His time will come again.

so what defincies did he have in the vfl game last week ? If your talking defensive pressure well he had 11 tackles , He’s played out of position in the seniors imo , and he should have had an opportunity this week with chimp out to run through the middle , especially with butler , Rioli , Higgins all playing s**t and stay in the team .

With champions like Cotchin and Edwards out injured they have decided to select more defensive type players.
It's perfectly reasonable and sensible.
Have to choke the Crows scoring ability and midfield supply.
Don't have any problem with selections.
Rioli or Bolton was probably line ball.

We should just run to defence as soon as the centre bounce occurs. We’ll have our 18 players clog our defence so that Adelaide can’t score and then have our speedsters all dash from defence to our forward like with ease because everyone is in our defensive 50.

Bloody 6-6-6, this could have been a reality if that rule wasn’t there. Or maybe we can force a stoppage in the middle and then all run to defence. Shock factor when they see Soldo also dash away from the stoppage ruck contest to defence lol.

With champions like Cotchin and Edwards out injured they have decided to select more defensive type players.
It's perfectly reasonable and sensible.
Have to choke the Crows scoring ability and midfield supply.
Don't have any problem with selections.
Rioli or Bolton was probably line ball.
This is what I thought as well.

To me it looks like they’ve conceded the loss however they’re going to try and protect as much percentage as they can to try and give us the best chance they can give us in the second half of the year of playing finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back