Preview Round 13, 2019: Essendon v Hawthorn, 14 June 2019, 7.50pm @ Marvel Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.
IN: Roughead, Morrison, Howe, Ross

OUT: Pittonet (omitted), Glass (omitted), Wingard (injured), Sicily (suspended)

B: Stratton, Frawley, Hardwick

HB: Burgoyne, O’Brien, Impey

C: Henderson, Shiels, Smith

HF: Scully, Lewis, Gunston

F: Breust, Roughead, Puopolo

R: Ceglar, O’Meara, Worpel

INT: Howe, Cousins, Morrison, Ross

burner1

Premiership Player
Nov 3, 2005
victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
hawks
We’ve often looked a different team after the bye. Not sure we will this year though.

Expect wingard and Sicily to be definite outs.

Approach will be interesting - do we play a few more kids (although not many options) or attempt to hang in there (by playing mirra, Howe and rough)? Our 2nd half of season is tough.

Brand may get another shot, Moore will get a few more games - but will we see Ross, jones or CJ? None are probably ready.

11sjw

Cancelled
10k Posts Armchair Endzone Participant
May 13, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Meh
Do we give Isaac some time in the twos? He doesn't seem to have offered much.

Aug 27, 2015
🅱️🅰️🥇1️⃣3️⃣
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
🇦🇺
After watching some of the Essendon* game today, they are trash and I'd expect us to account for them easily. Of course they'll lift when they play us but unless they have a string of players returning we really should win this game.

OnceKicked50

Cancelled
Aug 15, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Moore has to play. Pittonet shouldn't play, two rucks at Etihad is suicide. I don't see any point playing big Rough, sadly.

I'd love Ross to be given a game. Perfect opportunity really considering Essendon are a pretty bruise free side and the game is indoors.

madhawksfan

Premiership Player
May 12, 2010
Canberra
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Pitto, Wingz and Glass out (prob Sicily too if MRP pulls it’s usual Hawthorn bias)

In: Rough, Moore, Howe (CJ if Sicily misses)

Clarko is the master of the post bye adjustments so hoping to see us improve our systems after the break.

This is a season defining game. If we win then finals is still well within reach.

Roughead will be needed so he can play as the 2nd ruck, which would then allow Lewis and Gunston to be the two key forwards and Ceglar as the starting ruckmen.

There is absolutely no need for Pittonet. He offers nothing around the ground and doesn’t have great agility and is way too slow.

I sense a debut coming very soon. Whether that’s Ross, Jones or Jiath remains to be seen.

lickmerocks

Premiership Player
Jul 24, 2007
heaven
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bushrangers, Kings,
After watching some of the Essendon* game today, they are trash and I'd expect us to account for them easily. Of course they'll lift when they play us but unless they have a string of players returning we really should win this game.

They are chalk and cheese at the Dome compared to the G. Their pace will worry us massively at the Dome.

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
IN: Roughead, Brand, Morrison, Moore

OUT: Pittonet (omitted), Sicily (suspended), Glass (omitted), Wingard (injured)

Ruckmen that can't mark the ball better be damn agile at ground level Pittonet sucks at both, Roughead can come in and soem mature structure to the forwardline and provide cover for Ceglar who tired in the second half.

Brand to cover Sicily, Love to see CJ get a crack but he's not quite ready.

Morrison is having a down year and they might like to keep him in the twos to build some consistency but he still woudl add something glass looks lost at AFL level. If not Morrison Howe for a bigger body.

Moore to come in for Wingard and to add some much needed leg speed against Essendon.

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The people thinking Sic will be suspended are the ones conceding our game is now little more than netball.

Apologies to all netball players.
1. He's Sicily and guilty until proven innocent.
2. We suck at the whole tribunal thing, we need to stop getting the kids from the year 10 debate class to cover our cases.
3. The games bloody soft.

WireHawk

Team Captain
Aug 16, 2009
The Black Lodge
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Sicily will be suspended. No surer thing.
The AFL community need a whipping boy and Sic is it.

The way the "commentators" for last night's
game were advocating for Sicily's suspension
was disgraceful. Normally they try to argue for
leniency for any player.

Mooney and Roos,especially, were like criminal
prosecutors. I don't usually buy into conspiracy
theories, but this was too much to ignore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back