Preview Round 13, 2019: Essendon v Hawthorn, 14 June 2019, 7.50pm @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you honestly believe anything released to the public anyway? The only one who speaks honestly from the club to it's supporters is JK and Clarko in the after match presser, and that's only because he's emotional and struggles to contain himself (which I love).. But generally, the club just speaks total and utter rubbish when giving updates.
This is so true.
One thing i have noticed is that in other sports such as NBA, EPL, etc they tend to be a lot more upfront in reporting injuries to their fans. Given the huge amount of money in these leagues I dont know why AFL clubs continue to play funny buggers with injury updates (especially Hawthorn).

We don’t like each other
Lets not be so politically correct and gentle about it.

They hate us.

We ******* Hate, Despise, Loath, everything that pack of pea hearted cheating campaigners, stand for.

Its time to go full Dermie on those pricks.

Hawks having trouble backing up after a win. It’ll be three weeks since the last win. I’m excited
Every week posters on here write our season off in the autopsy, want players delisted and cry that we are just going through the motions.....by Thursday these preview threads have some of the same people suggesting that we’re better than the opponent and what a comfortable win we should have.

Every week.

Not sure how the expectations of this side continually take such a beating then return only a few short days later.

Every week posters on here write our season off in the autopsy, want players delisted and cry that we are just going through the motions.....by Thursday these preview threads have some of the same people suggesting that we’re better than the opponent and what a comfortable win we should have.

Every week.

Not sure how the expectations of this side continually take such a beating then return only a few short days later.

It’s irrational, complete passion and irrationality.
It’s what makes footy great.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t see the point in Minchington playing in the VFL and going through that whole process of playing 2-3 games all over again before being declared fit and ready for selection. Might as well bring him in now and see what he can do as a half forward/midfielder.

It’s irrational, complete passion and irrationality.
It’s what makes footy great.
Yep. When you're losing at the time, it all looks bleak.

Then the human spirit starts to look at the positives later in the week. And you realise that when your team plays well, they can beat anyone.

I fully expected to get smacked when I took my son to the GWS game this year. We kept them to 4 goals for most of the day in perfect conditions for footy.

That's the beauty of footy. Any given Sunday.

Then the human spirit starts to look at the positives later in the week. And you realise that when your team plays well, they can beat anyone.

I fully expected to get smacked when I took my son to the GWS game this year. We kept them to 4 goals for most of the day in perfect conditions for footy.

Absolutely. Thing is, most of us are like hormonal woman with our emotions during a game let alone after it.

I don’t see the point in Minchington playing in the VFL and going through that whole process of playing 2-3 games all over again before being declared fit and ready for selection. Might as well bring him in now and see what he can do as a half forward/midfielder.

I don’t think he’ll be listed next year anyway, but agree, we need to see what, if anything he can add.

This side is so hard to get a read on, can’t remember another year where we have had 30 odd point leads in 5-6 games and cough them up, bizarre. I think that’s a big reason why they are sending fans bananas.

Just hold a god damn lead FFS.

He can definitely add plenty, particularly as a pressure forward - our issue is can he add it and stay uninjured.

He needs weeks at VFL. Even if we were to play him Fri night, he'd crash and burn in the 2nd half. Imagine chasing arse all night with Saad and McKenna ripping it off half back. You've gotta be super fit and apply that pressure all night. Its why Pop will get another year. No one else on the list can do it.

Fox showed Hird with the tape on the lower arm mocking the lions over their IV exploits V Funny

Is there a link or footage to this to have a look at? I forgot all about that and want to get stuck into some Essendon mates who were outraged by Mitchell's gesture. Of course they denied anything happened at their club, but were outraged.

He needs weeks at VFL. Even if we were to play him Fri night, he'd crash and burn in the 2nd half. Imagine chasing arse all night with Saad and McKenna ripping it off half back. You've gotta be super fit and apply that pressure all night. Its why Pop will get another year. No one else on the list can do it.

I agree, struggles playing out a half at present moment.

I am going to go full Dermie here.

Apart from the Handbaggers this is the game I want us to physically and footy wise, Flog those cheating campaigners.
I'm the opposite. I don't care about this match one iota. They are an irrelevancy who shouldn't even be in the league. Their matches in the context of the rest of the league are like the young kids table at the big family christmas party. You give them their little plates, they sit and pretend they are part of the celebration but in fact the real conversation is happening at the adults table. Win, lose or draw their matches are not in the slightest worth getting worked up over because they are irrelevant, even if God forbid they won a premiership, it doesn't count, except to them.

Irrationality is not enjoyable to read.

No, it’s like waking up with a hangover after a huge night, and knowing you posted a rant on Facebook. You don’t know what the rant was about, but you remember doing it.

But you know you have to look back and see what you wrote.

God, I’ve looked at things I’ve written in different qtrs on match day threads. I get caught up in it. Can’t help it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back