Preview Round 13, 2019: Essendon v Hawthorn, 14 June 2019, 7.50pm @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ROUND 13 TEAM
Essendon v Hawthorn
Friday 14th June, 7.50pm
Marvel Stadium

B: Tim O'Brien, James Frawley, Shaun Burgoyne
HB: Ben Stratton, James Sicily, Blake Hardwick
C: Tom Scully, Liam Shiels, Ricky Henderson
HF: Luke Breust, Jack Gunston, Paul Puopolo
F: Dylan Moore, Ben McEvoy, Jarman Impey
R: Jonathon Ceglar, James Worpel, Jaeger O’Meara
INT: Conor Glass, James Cousins, Isaac Smith, Kaiden Brand
In: McEvoy, Moore, Brand
Out: Wingard (injured), Pittonet (omitted), Lewis (omitted)

FFS I am going to melt.... WHY ON FRIGGEN EARTH DROP LEWIS???? Jesus christ, damn well bringing in Brand and keeping Glass? I am going tomorrow with an Essendon mate and Hawk mate and the banter has already started on the Glass selection... This is going to do me in, I may have to stay home.

what is the surprise? Mcevoy is a big surprise..
I am also surprised that Glass can get a game over Morrison or Howe!
I'm not a massive Howe fan, but Howe is the perfect player to bring in to shut one of there mids down ala Merret or Shiel.

As for K.brand open up your eyes its been 15+ weeks since we looked like a high scoring threat! mark my words J.Sicily will play forward

what is the surprise? Mcevoy is a big surprise..
I am also surprised that Glass can get a game over Morrison or Howe!
I'm not a massive Howe fan, but Howe is the perfect player to bring in to shut one of there mids down ala Merret or Shiel.

As for K.brand open up your eyes its been 15+ weeks since we looked like a high scoring threat! mark my words J.Sicily will play forward

I would have 100% brought in Howe, without doubt... I am not a massive Howe fan but he is a capable AFL player and with Jags certain to get a tag he can provide some muscle and inside depth.

Lewis has to be a late in, that is one of the most bizarre ommissions of recent times.

Can confirm Glass likely playing a run with role on Adam Saad, that’s what I was told today although things can change but that’s why he’s held his spot .

Any word on the Lewis omission?

Very happy to see Moore in. Really disappointed to see Lewis out.

My thoughts are Clarko is really worried about the ability of Hurley and Hooker to take intercept marks and didn't feel Lewis was capable of competing with them at the moment.

I feel Brand will play a defensive forward role keeping one honest. I can't see us moving Sicily forward, especially with at Marvel he could be kicking inside 50 frequently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As others have said, I really don’t understand how Lewis is omitted. Took contested marks last and kicked the most goals of any forward in our side. Can’t comprehend what more he has to do.

Great to have Big Boy back but we look a bit tall against a quick opposition.

ROUND 13 TEAM
Essendon v Hawthorn
Friday 14th June, 7.50pm
Marvel Stadium

B: Tim O'Brien, James Frawley, Shaun Burgoyne
HB: Ben Stratton, James Sicily, Blake Hardwick
C: Tom Scully, Liam Shiels, Ricky Henderson
HF: Luke Breust, Jack Gunston, Paul Puopolo
F: Dylan Moore, Ben McEvoy, Jarman Impey
R: Jonathon Ceglar, James Worpel, Jaeger O’Meara
INT: Conor Glass, James Cousins, Isaac Smith, Kaiden Brand

IN: McEvoy, Moore, Brand
Out: Wingard (injured), Pittonet (omitted), Lewis (omitted)

giphy.gif

Maybe just giving lewis a week off to build some confidence?

KB VFL stats: Round 6: 5 marks, 2 contested, 6 effective kicks, 2 ineffective kicks
Round 7: 10 marks, 3 contested, 11 effective kicks 1 ineffective kick
Round 8: 19 marks, 5 contested, 16 effective kicks, 4 ineffective kicks
may be a similar case to Cegs, where he found great marking form and clarko believes he cannot deny KB an opportunity to continue his form at AFL level.

Regardless, if he's playing back hope he gets a few contests with Stringer to show us what he's capable of. I've seen him take great contested grabs at AFL level against Geelong, just need him to put a complete game together.

I would have 100% brought in Howe, without doubt... I am not a massive Howe fan but he is a capable AFL player and with Jags certain to get a tag he can provide some muscle and inside depth.

Lewis has to be a late in, that is one of the most bizarre ommissions of recent times.

Spot on! look i'm not sure with Lewis he might very well come in for McEvoy!

But does it not make sense to reward Brand who has been smashing the door down at vfl level he out of contract end of yr play him !!
Frawley,Brand,Tob can hopefully hold the fort down back.

As for the forward line i am amazed people on here think it functions or that Sicily shouldn't play forward every week!
Every week our opponent would lick there lips with there defensive match ups! Finally they might have a headache!
Each week they would go okay the number #1 defender goes to Gunston, The #2 goes to Lewis and #3 will just zone off he smaller player and chop out 1&2.

This week you might have Gunston,Sicily,Mcevoy/Lewis
who does your number 1 player go to Gunston or Sicily? if your number 2 takes the other one, you better hope your number 3 tall enough to play on Mcevoy or Lewis, if not the #2 will have to play on them. Which Leave Gunston or Sicily to get the 3rd best defender.

Essendon don't have any talls up forward so I don't really understand the Brand inclusion. Dropping Lewis will ruin his confidence as he was just starting to take some contested marks. The fact that McEvoy has come back so soon hopefully means he'll start in the ruck.

Stratton vs Stringer
Hardwick vs Fantasia
Impey vs McDonald-Tipungwuti

Essendon don't have any talls up forward so I don't really understand the Brand inclusion. Dropping Lewis will ruin his confidence as he was just starting to take some contested marks. The fact that McEvoy has come back so soon hopefully means he'll start in the ruck.

Stratton vs Stringer
Hardwick vs Fantasia
Impey vs McDonald-Tipungwuti
McKernan mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back