Autopsy Round 13, 2019: Gold Coast v St.Kilda *NICK HIND DEBUT*

Remove this Banner Ad

VDS66

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yeah I know - that's our problem - Clarko would have turned Acres into Lenny Hayes.

Sorry - a good coach can improve players but he can't turn followers into leaders - we have way way way to many followers.
The irony in all this is followers who believe they understand the traits of a real leader, and adjudicate accordingly...

VDS66

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
His form in Townsville has always been excellent
images (7).jpeg

Ricochet

Team Captain
Jun 15, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
What do you expect from a guy who never got a decent run with with his diabetes being dropped and the concussions. The big guys do take more time something he never got

Ricochet

Team Captain
Jun 15, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Port played in China and backed up in Perth.
AFL is equal opportunity.
Port lost so they didn't back up at all also turned a home game in to a more familiar game for por if we miss finals due to trip to China will not be paying my membership next season

Crusty Undies

This means peace here!
Oct 22, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
he's no tony locket, but he was clearly best 22 leading up to the season and before his injury. Why you feel the need to be a smarmy jerk to a kid who is about to retire is sad
He definitely was not best 22. I don't see how you could've reached that conclusion given that he's had consistently worse numbers than every other tall and medium sized forward on our list. If he was in the team it was a hope against hope that he'd live up to being pick 1, not because he earned his spot.

Crusty Undies

This means peace here!
Oct 22, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
If he had of got to his 80 to 100 games I believe your view would of been a bit different the guy is 120 kg with a great work rate and a good clunk mark would of been the the guy on the end of those Ross newns and gresh long bombs
Being 120kg and having a great workrate are not conducive with one another.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Port lost so they didn't back up at all also turned a home game in to a more familiar game for por if we miss finals due to trip to China will not be paying my membership next season
I was talking about having to travel in their next game after China.
As they have done after each of their China games.
I don’t care what you do with your membership.

mightymalaka

What we have here is a failure to communicate!
May 7, 2018
Road to Nowhere
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United
The irony in all this is followers who believe they understand the traits of a real leader, and adjudicate accordingly...
Really?
Is that what you think the irony is here?

Followers?
Who believe they understand the traits of a real leader, and adjudicate accordingly! WTF does this even mean?
Whose the " real leader " and what am i supposed to not be capable of understanding? Let alone be adjudicating on...Accordingly of course!

When snakes prefer sensationalism, arrogance and turning on their own, is that what real leadership is?

BTW The Snake ain't Plugger...We may disagree from time to time but at least you always see him coming!

Same old usual suspects who like to paint themselves as the martyrs of positivity and virtue and would rather divide and ridicule
Than actually show any of the so called leadership and loyalty to understand the dumb follower's intentions!
If these are the traits i should be aspiring to....Then this follower accordingly adjudicates.....F*ck that!...I'll choose standing on my own integrity and honesty!
And let the vultures chirp away till all their Judgement leaves me Damned!
As this no doubt defines they're definition of real leadership!

Jan 7, 2011
Heaven. I mean Victoria.
AFL Club
St Kilda
Not to many in our side with leg speed
parker will play
Yep, had 5 tackles and 52 pressure points, so that's a very big part of the reason he's in the team.

Just on that, here are the others in our team that had more than 50:

63- Dunstan
61- Billings
60- Gresham
55- Acres

Most for Gold Coast was Miles with 55.

Jan 7, 2011
Heaven. I mean Victoria.
AFL Club
St Kilda
Looks like a bad win on the surface (if there is such a thing) but given the conditions, unfamiliar ground and post china lull I think it was a fine result. I hope we got paid to play here cause these weird games have disrupted our season badly. Back to Marvel please
Something else that might have been a factor is that from memory, I read a while back that teams that were coming off the bye and were playing teams that played the previous week (like us v them yesty) had a very very poor winning strikerate.

We have Brisbane this week off their bye and then Richmond the following week off theirs, so hopefully it's still a thing!

Jan 7, 2011
Heaven. I mean Victoria.
AFL Club
St Kilda
I know Newnes is frustrating and hard to watch at times but he has 9 score involvements (2nd behind Membrey) and 2 goal assists (equal most with Dunstan) from his 17 disposals. So more than half his disposals resulted in us scoring, which with our forward half difficulties is a big effort.
Was just going to post along these lines. According to the Hun stats he had a whopping 5 score assists (only two others for us had more than 1- a couple of 2's) and yeah, his 9 score-involvements was 2nd on ground to Skunks 10.

Far from a perfect game, like pretty much everyone else who played, but far from the worst I would have thought.

Jun 4, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
He definitely was not best 22. I don't see how you could've reached that conclusion given that he's had consistently worse numbers than every other tall and medium sized forward on our list. If he was in the team it was a hope against hope that he'd live up to being pick 1, not because he earned his spot.
he definitely was, if you think paddy wasn't going to be picked round 1 then you're wrong. His game against north was also very good

Remove this Banner Ad

Back