Autopsy Round 13, 2019: Gold Coast v St.Kilda *NICK HIND DEBUT*

How many senior games in total?

This would have to be his most uninterrupted block of games surely.

Kent has played 75 games in total.

In 2013, his debut year, he played 15 games including 13 in a row from R10-23 (including a bye)
In 2014 he played 13 games including 11 in a row from R13-23
In 2015 he played 4 games R1-4
In 2016 he played 20 games including 13 in a row from R9-22 (including a bye)
In 2017 he played 6 games
In 2018 he played 5 games
In 2019, to date, he has played 12 games in row from R1-13 (including a bye)

So if he plays next week against Brisbane he will equal his longest single-season game streak.

ScrappyDo

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2018
Omnipotent
AFL Club
St Kilda
Newnes is playing a roll in the team were his is given the ball to use it a bit like billings so 17d is not enough it should be in the mid 20s and his efficiency is **** should be trying to get hit up kicks into the forward line not trying to kick goals from stupid places on the ground I think he is selfish
So maybe the GOAT might be a better player to play that roll, is what you're saying?

Ads734

Premiership Player
Jan 24, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
We dropped Long and Young, so lost a lot of speed and defensive pressure in the front half, as a result, so he was probably the best option to provide us with some of that, while at the same time rewarding his good form at VFL level, at least from earlier in the year.

I don't mind it, as it gives him a taste, gives the other two a chance to go back and work on their games, and who knows, maybe he'll go well there.

If he doesn't, he goes back to defence, like Marsh did.
Whilst I understand your point I disagree, firstly I think our forward line especially regarding our slow ball movement is too small. Secondly lack of pace in the forward line should not come at the expense at playing a first gamer out of position. Even if he's played a percentage of time in the forward line he is a natural half back and has played his best football off half back/midfield. I just think that we always bemoan how none of our young players come on and dominate straight away and not playing a young player in their preferred position is a reason for this.

Jan 7, 2011
Heaven. I mean Victoria.
AFL Club
St Kilda
Well the problem is that most who are playing well in the VFL all play approximately the same position (HBF) and there are only so many of those to go around at AFL level, so as a result we needed to get a bit creative.

I reckon Hind would prefer to play out of position in the AFL than in position in the VFL.

We did the same thing with Paton last year and Marsh this year and it doesn't seem to have done them any harm.

Ricochet

Team Captain
Jun 15, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Correct. Never understood the threat of not buying memberships because something annoys you. Doesn’t make the club change what they are doing. Just effects the bottom line.
I under
If you don’t buy a membership we’ll keep selling games to make money.
Until we have 80k+ members or get 40k+ at games then we’ll keep selling them off.

So i get where you’re coming from cause i hate that we play in China too but you’re not breaking the cycle. your protest won’t help us
Not protesting I know the club don't care about my single membership
So maybe the GOAT might be a better player to play that roll, is what you're saying?
Nope I'm saying play Clark or patton in that roll both could use the ball better than newns

Ok I’m know I’m being pedantic, but it’s “role” not “roll” as in bread or in the hay :rolleyes:
And it's Hannebery - not Hannubury, Hannebury, Haneburry, or any other combination...:D

And it's Hannebery - not Hannubury, Hannebury, Haneburry, or any other combination...:D
j80ffd.jpg

Problem with Clark’s game is he is a little one paced, seems to just motor around at the same energy level and intensity all day.
He’s also not a quick decision maker and often gets his hand balls chopped off.
Getting used to the pace is one challenge but being able to actually change your your reaction time is completely another thing.
He’s clearly skilled and quite a balanced player but he’s just that half a second too slow at present.
So was Brendan Goddard for three seasons. Always getting caught...one paced...even slow by some commentators.
Seen enough from Hunter to think he could be a bit special....just not the Bontempelli fix all us success starved Sainters demand.
Have not seen enough of Coffield to judge.
Funnily I liked White forward even if he was on one leg....gave us a point of difference from the mobility twins Brooce and Members. White gave us one on ones from the goal square.

We dropped Long and Young, so lost a lot of speed and defensive pressure in the front half, as a result, so he was probably the best option to provide us with some of that, while at the same time rewarding his good form at VFL level, at least from earlier in the year.

I don't mind it, as it gives him a taste, gives the other two a chance to go back and work on their games, and who knows, maybe he'll go well there.

If he doesn't, he goes back to defence, like Marsh did.
At Sandy on Sunday Long and Young did nothing to say they will be in the forward line anytime soon for the RWB.
Reckon if you asked Hind he would rather play as a forward than wait for a turn at HBF.

Ricochet

Team Captain
Jun 15, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
At Sandy on Sunday Long and Young did nothing to say they will be in the forward line anytime soon for the RWB.
Reckon if you asked Hind he would rather play as a forward than wait for a turn at HBF.
You know long played half back at sandy on sunday

Ricochet

Team Captain
Jun 15, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Both those boys are quality users, but neither could match GOATs output right now. The important thing is to not have Newnes..
I would like to see richo show Some faith in one of these young kids we took them with first round picks just let them play bad game or not give them a go I know he is fighting for his job but these are the guys throwing the punches for him i think they're low on confidence when asked to step up to the senior side

Jade Buddha

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
St Kilda
I would like to see richo show Some faith in one of these young kids we took them with first round picks just let them play bad game or not give them a go I know he is fighting for his job but these are the guys throwing the punches for him i think they're low on confidence when asked to step up to the senior side
Nah I'd rather win

Back