Preview Round 13, 2019: Gold Coast v St.Kilda - Riverway Stadium, Saturday 15th June, 1:45PM AEST *NICK HIND DEBUT*

Who Wins?

• Suns

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • Saints

Votes: 47 73.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully we see King and Hanners come in. I’d also be bringing back Clark, Dmac and Acres.

Plenty of players who underperformed last week to choose from to go out.

For me

FB: McKenzie - Brown - Wilkie
HB: Savage - Battle - Newnes
CL: Billings - Hannebery - Ross
HF: Sinclair - Bruce - Long
FF: Parker - King - Membery
RR: Marshall - Steele - Gresham
Int: Acres - Clark - Coffield
Dunston
Richo and Hannebery have both said he still has to play at least one more game in the VFL

Ed Phillips out. Makes Jack Newnes look like Jeff the Wizard Farmer. So vanilla. Many other better wing options.
Yeah I don't rate him highly. Since he has come in it has also forced Newnes to play all over the shop. When he was playing as a permanent wingman earlier in the year he was playing best footy but has gone backwards since.

Paton for Coff and we have a deal.

Not sure what Long has done to keep his spot.

We need to win.

Long’s been average but still better than both young and Kent and with Lonie still injured we are fresh out of small forwards.

Coff and Joyce I feel are a bit stiff the way they came in but we would be still to top heavy to keep Joyce in.

Otherwise yeah I’d be either Paton or White could take that spot.

Richo and Hannebery have both said he still has to play at least one more game in the VFL

Makes sense. God help our midfield.

Is there any word on Jack Steven?

Imagine the King family if Max was selected and both boys were out there - just great for Mum and Dad!!
Bring in the King.
King will debut in a home game. No chance the club misses the opportunity to maximise the crowd through the draw of his first game.

Given the game is in Townsville, it is a near certainty that King will NOT play. It is a playing surface that has not had AFL football played on it for a few years and we will unlikely risk our ace in the pack in front of 5000 people. Put all your chips in on him playing against Brisbane in Rd 14.

I do expect to see at least 5 changes though this week.

McKenzie, Marsh, Acres all come back in naturally after missing last week. It's not as if anyone came in and stole their spots in China.

And Clark must come in from the cold - his exile has been futile when you consider they brought back Long for reasons not explained.

You would think White comes in for Geary.

Joyce has surely had his Irish passport returned to him and he is free to return home whenever he pleases.

Phillips doesn't have what St Kilda needs - no-one is turning their chair for a guy who runs up and down the wing but only links up in a handball chain occasionally.

Kent needs to find form again in the VFL and Young is doing his best Where's Wally impersonation in the Senior team.

Newnes will play all 22 games - don't bother calling for his head. The club is applying the James Frawley theory with him. Eight seasons without finals will give the club ammunition to pressure the AFL to get ridiculous FA compo either immediately after our first pick or at end of first round. No-one believed Frawley was worth Pick 3, but alas, it happened.

Given the game is in Townsville, it is a near certainty that King will NOT play. It is a playing surface that has not had AFL football played on it for a few years and we will unlikely risk our ace in the pack in front of 5000 people. Put all your chips in on him playing against Brisbane in Rd 14.

McKenzie, Marsh, Acres all come back in naturally after missing last week. It's not as if anyone came in and stole their spots in China.

And Clark must come in from the cold - his exile has been futile when you consider they brought back Long for reasons not explained.

Joyce has surely had his Irish passport returned to him and he is free to return home whenever he pleases.

Phillips doesn't have what St Kilda needs - no-one is turning their chair for a guy who runs up and down the wing but only links up in a handball chain occasionally.

Kent needs to find form again in the VFL and Young is doing his best Where's Wally impersonation in the Senior team.

Newnes will play all 22 games - don't bother calling for his head. The club is applying the James Frawley theory with him. Eight seasons without finals will give the club ammunition to pressure the AFL to get ridiculous FA compo either immediately after our first pick or at end of first round. No-one believed Frawley was worth Pick 3, but alas, it happened.

Joyce was having a shocker in that game but he's been alright up until then.

Naaaaa, he's horrible. If Austin was fit you'd hope he'd be behind him.

He's kind of s**t too, I've never seen a defender so keen to run away into space and leave a paddock behind him. He's a big accumulator though, should try him forward.

He's kind of **** too, I've never seen a defender so keen to run away into space and leave a paddock behind him. He's a big accumulator though, should try him forward.

He's injury prone but wouldn't say he's no good.

Might as well swing him forward. It's what Cho does. Change players positions for no reason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Newnes ain't getting us diddly in FA compo. It's one thing to dress up James Frawley as elite but Newnes, c'mon... We'd get a 2nd rounder and say thanks.

In- Webster, Hind, M.King, Acres, McKenzie, Marsh

Out- JOYCE, LONG, YOUNG, COFFIELD, Dunstan and Geary.

Joyce never plays again....if Webster isn't available then Paton/White in.

People say Ross isn't damaging well Dunstan is much worse and does nothing with his disposal except turn it over.

Nothing would surprise me this week selection wise. And I don't mean that in a bad way. The safe route is to play Hanners and King in the VFL again and also have minimal changes. Am sure they will look at how they all shape up after a week off. Hanners and King may have done extra work.

Game we have to win if we have aspirations. I remember back before the China trip that it was said Jack Steven had been angling to come back. They told him to leave it until after the bye.

Time to be bold. If not this week then certainly next.

In- Webster, Hind, M.King, Acres, McKenzie, Marsh

Out- JOYCE, LONG, YOUNG, COFFIELD, Dunstan and Geary.

Joyce never plays again....if Webster isn't available then Paton/White in.

People say Ross isn't damaging well Dunstan is much worse and does nothing with his disposal except turn it over.
Mate we know you don’t like dunstan. I’m not a fan either but suggesting dropping him every week just loses credibility. As for Joyce he has played the game about 3 years. Probably got more improvement in him than half the list. Even this year you can see the improvement from last year.

Mate we know you don’t like dunstan. I’m not a fan either but suggesting dropping him every week just loses credibility. As for Joyce he has played the game about 3 years. Probably got more improvement in him than half the list. Even this year you can see the improvement from last year.
Lose credibility? You gotta have an ounce of it in the first place to lose!
And on behalf of that good looking bastard Others, he still says Richo doesn't try enough things! :smirk:

Out
Young, Geary, Phillips, Joyce

In
McKenzie, Webster, Acres, Clark

I would like to see the club give Coffield a block of games to build up his confidence.

Smaller, quicker backline with Joyce out. Brown stays in to play on 2MP.

Too many small forwards, Young makes way.

Phillips out allows Newnes & Billings to play further up the ground.

Acres in for chop out ruck & allows Bruce to remain forward.

Newnes ain't getting us diddly in FA compo. It's one thing to dress up James Frawley as elite but Newnes, c'mon... We'd get a 2nd rounder and say thanks.
Can we somehow pay Gold Coast his salary behind closed doors and get them to offer him 700k x 4? First round compo baby.. Carlton’s been doing it for 50 years, why can’t we.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back