Preview Round 13, 2019: Gold Coast v St.Kilda - Riverway Stadium, Saturday 15th June, 1:45PM AEST *NICK HIND DEBUT*

Who Wins?

• Suns

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • Saints

Votes: 47 73.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been critical of Dunstan in the past but since he has returned from the VFL this time he has been very very good. He and Steele are the only 2 mids who dont pannick with the ball in hand. They are happy to be tackled draw the opponents creating space for their team mates and then give off. Ross could learn from them rather than flipping the pressure to someone else.
Welcome back.
You been off on holidays?
Up north I hope.

You don't think Webster is a walk up start right now if fit?
I suppose he is with our list , i guess when you think of a walk up start you tend to think of the great or very good players who no matter how much footy they missed aka a Roo would just walk into the team, not a webster but i suppose he will have to do for now

Does Dunny owe you and Cooperg money or something?

Come on own up man! What has he done to the Cooperites that brings this level of sustained character assassination?
Starting to reach Mark Chapman proportions! Do we need an armed guard outside the Dunny for protection?
Only just realised that Cooperules and Cooperg are two different posters. I must just always see the coop at the start and think it's the same dude.

Only just realised that Cooperules and Cooperg are two different posters. I must just always see the coop at the start and think it's the same dude.
Nah Cooperules is fine! Actually quite like his contributions!
He loves his Saints and is just eager for us to finally get our sh!t together!
And he was the first one i noticed last year screaming for Roma to get an opportunity in the side!

Last edited:
Your benchmark for acceptable performances seems to be much higher for Dunstan than other players. Hardly a fair assessment of his season. Based on everyone else's responses, you aren't seeing the games the same way.
If i could be bothered to do my research which i cant. i reckon 75% of our senior side have had about 2 good games each. Marshall is the only one who i could say has played well every week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If i could be bothered to do my research which i cant. i reckon 75% of our senior side have had about 2 good games each. Marshall is the only one who i could say has played well every week.
lol
Geez man...Soon as i go into bat for you......

God love ya! ;)

Which makes your bashing of Dunstan even more peculiar. He's been in our best pretty much every week since coming back from VFL.

Why not include the other 75% in your outs then?

Wilkie

Battle

1htb2h.jpg

Hes had 2 good games out of 11. Might hold off on the praise just yet.

He was in the twos for a while so has only played 7.

In the 4 games since he came back into the side, he’s averaged 25 touches (15 contested) and 7.5 clearances. Not bad numbers. Only avg 4 tackles though, if I was going to have a go at him it would be for that.

My thoughts are if Marsh plays Brown doesn't play , allowing White to come in for a game and keeping Marsh in the 22 - best chance to play White is this week while playing Gold Coast.
I'd give Webster a run at Sandy before coming back the following week with Hannebery and King I hope.

McKenzie - Marsh - Savage
White - Battle - Wilkie
Sinclair - Dunstan - Billings
Kent - Bruce - Parker
Gresham - Membery - Long

Marshall - Ross - Steele

Acres - Newnes - Hunter Clark - Coffield

Keep Coffield in and see if he is any better , give White and Hunter Clark a run.

Would love to play King this week to give us another target up forward - could he be a chance this week?

Oh well, he must be doing something you aren't seeing because he's most likely going to play this week.
Well they are saying Carlisle is playing at Sandringham this week - surely it would take him 3 or 4 weeks before he would be match fit for the seniors - or does that matter with Richo who just picks them when they are under a cloud like Bruce , Billings , Geary and Savage.

Well they are saying Carlisle is playing at Sandringham this week - surely it would take him 3 or 4 weeks before he would be match fit for the seniors - or does that matter with Richo who just picks them when they are under a cloud like Bruce , Billings , Geary and Savage.

It's an interesting question because this time last year Carlisle's 80% was probably better than his replacement so maybe a tough choice. However with Battle in the CHB role it's not the case.

As a secondary point, does he really need that much of a run in the 2nds? He's 27 now and had a year off for the injections thing. It seems once you've had a half dozen or so pre-seasons the thinking is you can come back in after one or two games in the seconds.

It's an interesting question because this time last year Carlisle's 80% was probably better than his replacement so maybe a tough choice. However with Battle in the CHB role it's not the case.

As a secondary point, does he really need that much of a run in the 2nds? He's 27 now and had a year off for the injections thing. It seems once you've had a half dozen or so pre-seasons the thinking is you can come back in after one or two games in the seconds.
hope so we need him

hope so we need him

Me too. Brisbane is the season's turning point for mine, like that Essendon game we bottled a couple of years ago. Brissy are looking vulnerable away from home and the thought of Carlisle Hanner JWeb and Winx all in for that game is quite..... pleasing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back