Game Day Round 13, 2020 - Brisbane Lions vs. St. Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck guys, if we both bring our A-game I think you will be to strong, so hopefully you don’t & we do.
Being an honorary Queenslander (Vic.expat 😉) for the last 30 odd years have always had a bit of soft spot for you guys.
No matter what the result in this the 2020 GF preview hopefully it will be a cracker of a game & good luck for the rest of the season (unless playing us)

Blowing a cyclone this morning but I'm nearly 200km from the Gabba, will be driving down for the game as always. I got great seats again in the Ballot so close to my actual season tickets. Excited to see Fullerton play but he is not a ruckman but maybe he fits in and can work his way into the team, as a basketball he does have good hands so good luck to him.

I've been in the upper level for every Lions game I have watched over the last decade or so, got lower level seats in the ballot this time 10 rows back from the fence in section 4, I hope the viewing is better than I remember it from down there.

I'm a bit worried about the Saints all ground pace today, we can not slacken off our pressure game, if we can do that we should win.

I've been in the upper level for every Lions game I have watched over the last decade or so, got lower level seats in the ballot this time 10 rows back from the fence in section 4, I hope the viewing is better than I remember it from down there.

I'm a bit worried about the Saints all ground pace today, we can not slacken off our pressure game, if we can do that we should win.

Not as bad a view as you'd think. I drew somewhere similar against the Crows and it was still good. Hard to top the upper level though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scubaveg you asked how Fullarton's kicking for goal is. Unfortunately it's 21.23 at NEAFL level, less accurate than Skinner and Ballenden. If we really want an accurate kick for goal in the side, Toby Wooller is the man, he's 43.25 in the NEAFL.

Fullarton also takes more snap shots at goal than the other two which would effect his figures. Would rather see his set shot accuracy.

Wooller is an exceptional shot at goal.

Blowing a cyclone this morning but I'm nearly 200km from the Gabba, will be driving down for the game as always. I got great seats again in the Ballot so close to my actual season tickets. Excited to see Fullerton play but he is not a ruckman but maybe he fits in and can work his way into the team, as a basketball he does have good hands so good luck to him.
Is windy down here at Brissy, but lately wind seems to drop a little in the late afternoon, but apart from the wind a nice sunny day about 22 degrees. I am excited to see Tom play and watching him play NEAFL does have a good jump, but not an overly strong ruck. All the best to him as I can see him resting forward and hopefully kicks a couple today, could be a good target up forward.
I am disappointed Payne not playing, only given one game against a hot Richmond team and looking at the replay was not too bad. Think it would have been stiff dropping Lester (but was not playing a difficult opponent last week against North) Gardner has to play on a tall, and is prone to giving away penalties. I am worried about the match up of Lester at 192cm and Membrey who seems to play taller than his 188cm. Also Butler is faster than any back we have although Starc has some pace and in case of emergency maybe Bailey or Ah Chee can swing back and take him. Coleman has been on the emergency for a number of weeks now and would have liked to have seen him play last week when Charlie was not 100%.
I am really looking forward to an open and fast game with lots of goals and think we are very hard to beat at the GABBA. Lions by 22

Is windy down here at Brissy, but lately wind seems to drop a little in the late afternoon, but apart from the wind a nice sunny day about 22 degrees. I am excited to see Tom play and watching him play NEAFL does have a good jump, but not an overly strong ruck. All the best to him as I can see him resting forward and hopefully kicks a couple today, could be a good target up forward.
I am disappointed Payne not playing, only given one game against a hot Richmond team and looking at the replay was not too bad. Think it would have been stiff dropping Lester (but was not playing a difficult opponent last week against North) Gardner has to play on a tall, and is prone to giving away penalties. I am worried about the match up of Lester at 192cm and Membrey who seems to play taller than his 188cm. Also Butler is faster than any back we have although Starc has some pace and in case of emergency maybe Bailey or Ah Chee can swing back and take him. Coleman has been on the emergency for a number of weeks now and would have liked to have seen him play last week when Charlie was not 100%.
I am really looking forward to an open and fast game with lots of goals and think we are very hard to beat at the GABBA. Lions by 22

Why do so many posters forget Answerth?

Brilliant view. Only issue is that too he Lions love the other wing.

On CPH1920 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm normally an upper level resident too (section 40 represent!), but was in row C on the lower level for the last home match and boy was it hard to follow the game. Essentially it reduced the game to watching players move back and forth along a long narrow strip of grass in almost one dimension. The fact that I didn't have my glasses with me didn't help, but I do wonder how anyone follows a game at all from the lower level.

I was at ground level for the Port game after over a decade at an elevated position.

I didn’t like it :( Spent most of the time watching the game on the video screen.

If we can kick straight i reckon we win. If not it'll be the second time this year conversion efficiency costs us a game. Please kick straight guys. It has to happen just by chance at some point

God I miss Richy.

His left foot opening up opportunies for us in defensive transition is so badly missed when he isn’t playing.

It is essential he is fit and firing for finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back