Autopsy Round 13, 2020: Brisbane v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Well if you consider how many times Max got his hands to a mark and the number of opportunities he had, he basically beat Andrews to the ball 6-7 times.

In a few years time that will hopefully correlate to 5 or 6 snags.

Yep, that’s a tearing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And that's not even considering his ground ball goals

I’m sure he has worked on that for every single afl season he has played. As I said earlier most players have different skills. If his decision making was like Lenny’s he most likely wouldn’t be at our club. We have got a player that I would suggest is going better than most if not all expected.

Also part of kicking while running at a manic pace. It's hard enough with a couple of settling steps to take the speed off a bit, he's usually running flat out with a player in tow. Sometimes it comes off sometimes it doesn't. When it does he's often the reason we got it out of the middle in the first place. That line breaking pace makes him our most dynamic mid and probably still our most important one.

Anyone got the footage of Steele not kicking long to Sinclair in the goalsquare during the 4th? Maybe he didn't think he could make the distance on the kick as it was probably a 50 meter roost but mine was certainly a household of people screaming at him to try :tearsofjoy:
I nearly smashed my t.v.. I was losing it!

A

nyone else think he looks a bit like Lenny when he spins and sells candy. Think its the hair
Absolutely. I think it’s him every time I watch our games.

hair, the step, and probably even similar body shape/height. Just not the contested, but quicker 😀

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope but they do heaps of that stuff at training. Some never improve and some never need help because they are already great at it.

You can’t compare experience at training with experience in games.

Jones is still a baby in terms of midfield experience. He’ll get better the more he plays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reflection day. I think we all should do this after the disappointment of the day before. Started very well. Unlucky not be leading by a little more. By the end of the quarter lucky to be even that close. They completely stopped our out the back goals and worst of all either our kicking to the forwards couldn’t force a contest or the forwards didn’t work hard enough to force a contest. Impossible to see who is at fault from tv. It really isn’t a TV game. Well not for me. You are guessing where players are coming from. Anyway that’s another topic

Second quarter was really all ours but again wasted opportunities. We could have easily led at half time. Paton stuffed up when he went to kill a contest and missed the ball and it went out the back. Sin in footy. Will cop a bake for that.

third quarter was terrible. Another goal from a player missing the ball and it going out the back Wilkie went for a mark and missed it inboard. Sin again. Game should have been over. We couldn’t touch the ball but we’re still in it matter of fact if the quarter went a second longer probably less than a goal down.

Final quarter was all ours. Dominated but poor kicking under pressure. Need to learn to settle which will come.

the most disappointing thing is we clearly won the midfield which was a weaker area but lost the game which was probably a just result unfortunately. Our problem was once the out the back goal goes we have little other option at kicking goals. We need to work on that. For those thinking that means rats was out coached I say rubbish. Every club knows that’s how we play so it’s not genius coaching to stop it. What rats did do though is stop their midfield so to me that was great coaching.

next week is huge. Max back apparently but I think we match up well in the midfield because they aren’t a fast side except for one player. The danger for us is petracca. The type we just don’t have. Still think we win with the same effort given as yesterday even though some fools on the match thread said that their was poor effort. How that’s just the stupidity of the moment because there was huge effort

go saints.
Was a strange game to watch it was like we were almost about to click but then it wouldn’t quite happen. Agree about the energy and effort it was the composure that was missing. That scramble in our goal square at the start said it all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back