Sunday, August 23
Adelaide v Geelong, Adelaide Oval, 12.35pm ACST

Brisbane v St Kilda, Gabba, 3.35pm AEST

West Coast v Greater Western Sydney, Optus Stadium, 4.10pm AWST

Monday, August 24
Collingwood v North Melbourne, Gabba, 7.10pm AEST

Last edited by a moderator:
How can dots be fake?
Generally Indigenous art is made up of unique individual dots.
Eddie Hocking and Shane Cook who worked together to design it are not graphic designers using Illustrator.
It was originally painted then vectorised by someone else to put onto print.
What has happened here is the guy at ISC has taken the original artwork and supposed that each dot is just a dot so he's made a perfect circle for all of them, probably because it was easier for him to replicate the art that way.
Had he spent the time to get every single spot the same as the original artwork he might have missed his almond latte with Bryce from Marketing.

The Swans jumper; each dot is a unique, considered addition to the art.

sydney-indigenous-jumper-2019.png

That Adelaide jumper, the dots are perfect circles and is a white fellas impression of the original art that says 'near enough is good enough'.

Last edited:

Both jumpers are by ISC, odd they would bother with one and not the other?
Might have something to do with the artist who actually did the artwork and the account manager \isc designer being used. Also the swans design is 2-3 years old so the demise of isc may have had an affect on effort level. Could be wrong, just speculating.

Faux dots. Poor effort

First thing I noticed when I saw it and your explanation of this on the podcast popped straight into my head!

If you watch the video on the jumper, you can see the original artwork on a canvas in the background. Of particular interest is the handprint. The artwork has Eddie Hocking’s actual handprint. It looks completely different to the one on the jumper.

Port have realised their indigenous guernsey.

401F3FEE-D507-4545-AD41-5B0604010D71.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does Essendon have no clue how to do logos?? First the Anzac jumper, now this...

Stocktake of where we're at.

New design
Adelaide, Brisbane, Carlton, Essendon, Fremantle (not released yet) , Gold Coast, Hawthorn, North, Port, Richmond & StKilda (not announced)

Last Year's design
Geelong, Sydney, West Coast, Footscray

Unknown
Collingwood, GWS, Melbourne

Stocktake of where we're at.

New design
Adelaide, Brisbane, Carlton, Essendon, Fremantle (not released yet) , Gold Coast, Hawthorn, North, Port, Richmond & StKilda (not announced)

Last Year's design
Geelong, Sydney, West Coast, Footscray

Unknown
Collingwood, GWS, Melbourne
is it 100% confirmed that dogs are using the same design?

I’m keen to see what Collingwood do, though part on me thinks it’ll be the same as last year.

I don’t mind that, as last year’s was by far our best (it looked the least like our usual jumper). Although given we had a new ANZAC jumper, I reckon we’ll have a new Indigenous jumper too

I don’t mind that, as last year’s was by far our best (it looked the least like our usual jumper). Although given we had a new ANZAC jumper, I reckon we’ll have a new Indigenous jumper too

I’d love an inverse of last years but given North are in mostly white I can’t see it happening.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back