Autopsy Round 13, 2021: Hawks sink the Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I did forget to mention Dan Howe in my post earlier, credit where it's due he had a fantastic game last night.
He played his role which is all we ever want him to do. He’s never going to be a world beater but if he can play like he did last night then he just might have a place in the team.

The jury is out on wether he can be apart of a contending best 22 and being realistic he’d have to add a couple more strings to his bow if this was to occur. A good place for him to start is to clean up his disposal and maintain his consistency which to be honest outside of a handful of games this season I feel he has been doing.

Kissed on the todger all night by the umps. Enjoy your win.
A word of friendly advice, because I feel it's needed. If you don't want to give away free kicks, then don't, by way of example, panic and kick or push or throw the ball directly over the boundary line. Just as an example. Other examples of where this might be occurring include, pushing a player directly in the back during a marking contest. These little things have nothing to do with the umpiring I'm afraid.

The free kicks that were going our way were embarrassing but I'll take every one of them with
us having been on the receiving end on countless occasions.
To tell the truth I can’t remember the last time we got the majority of umpiring decisions. I didn’t know how to handle it 😂

Great intensity all night that never let up.

Kosi, JOM, Duke, both Rucks, Mitchell fantastic.

Was keeping my powder dry on Scrimshaw and whether he could become the player that so many are saying that he is - but he looked the goods last night.

Moore was great - but I worry about his penetration in his kicking.

Wingard had a shocker. Morris didn't look at the level yet.

Just looking up at this page of the thread and some unnecessary comments excluding some posters:

I suggest that anyone on here who thinks that making critical assessments about Hawthorn means that a poster is anti-Hawthorn should re-think that position.

Otherwise:
1. The Board will be very boring; and
2. the Game-Day threads over the past few years would expose some "unlikely" suspects.
Haha Look at who liked this.

You serious? I honestly thought Sydney were stiffed a few times last night. I enjoyed it immensely.
It was a jab at all the swans supporters complaining about the umps. We had the rub of it last night for a change. I doubt they were within 20 points of us anyway had the free count been closer.

You serious? I honestly thought Sydney were stiffed a few times last night. I enjoyed it immensely.

We have been shafted a number of times this year and other supporters have mocked.

Im enjoying this. It probably wont happen again.

I just wish I could see Razor's post match report... "player Papley called me a campaigner and I schooled him on manners."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welcome back Cegs, Mitch & Clarko
Game plan prior to last night was atrocious. FFS the short kick ins was doing my head in. See what happens when you kick it long to the big boys on the wing

Great team effort.

We need a GIF of CJ dumping Buddy into the turf early in the first quarter, it really set the tone for our win.
What I loved about this is that Bud made a line for CJ and gave him a big shove before the first bounce. 5 minutes later CJ dumped him for a holding the ball. Said a lot about the kid. He lacks no confidence

The only reason I can work out it was even mentioned was that the Fox producers told Ralphy to find two potential suspensions to talk about for the sake of it. So he got the one from the swans bloke against Day and this was the next best thing he could find.

Ralphy even said at half time JOM was in strife for something, they played the wrong footage and he said he’d come back to it post game. Come post game, the JOM one was nowhere to be mentioned and he moved his attention to Worpel.

Nice to see:
1) Fast ball movement
2) Players leading and creating space
3) Players being mobile
4) Intensity
5) Full match effort

Happy with the result, bring the above all the time thanks!

Agreed. He initially was quite good.

Love Hodgey but he is an awful commentator (like the majority of them).

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
Bring back Bucks. He was great.

Gary Lyon is decent.

The entire channel 7 crew are just terrible: Carey, Watson, Hodge, Bartel, Richo, Ling. Can’t get an intelligent comment out of any of them. Dreadful

Oh yeah. Next week. Two wins in a season against the *? Chalk us up to be right in there!!

In the same way that Fevola is not remembered as the last player who kicked 99 goals in a season, as opposed to 100.

actually fev is the only player to kick 99 in a season, and yeh, I kinda remember him for that

Gary Lyon is decent.

The entire channel 7 crew are just terrible: Carey, Watson, Hodge, Bartel, Richo, Ling. Can’t get an intelligent comment out of any of them. Dreadful

Luke Hodge is a true champion of our club but having him all with all of the above commentating epitomises “jobs for the boys” Basically unlistenable IMO, all vanilla, all adding generic obvious comments. Agree on Buckley, absolute pro, highly intelligent and speaks well, of the few ex champs who deserves a job in the media

Gary Lyon is decent.

Yeah Buckley is by far the best special comments man I have heard. Knows his stuff and is actually articulate unlike the Channel 7 crew.

Not the biggest fan of Lyon in general but agree. He is decent and much better than the others.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Gary Lyon is decent.

The best thing about Bucks was he didn’t mind having a whack at players doing poorly. Nearly everyone else talks about who’s doing well

Remove this Banner Ad

Back