Autopsy Round 13, 2021: Hawks sink the Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Day is an awesome player. With a bit more hair tonight he reminded me of an old fave…Ray Jencke!
Day to me is more like John Kennedy Jr. A smart user of the ball with a bit of pace and dare. More attacking with run and carry than Smith and Birchall. Jencke was Mr. Reliable, kinda like Birchall. He was fed the ball because he made few errors.

Big Boy floating up forward gives us the marking target we lack. Plucked a few nice grabs.
Our defence was great all night and we rebounded well through the midfield to forward.
We had the rub with umpires for once and it made a difference.
The commentary was some the worst I've listened to. Embarrassing really.

Poowong’s finest!

Just a little story about Poowong that involves my older son. Anyhow, the kid is/was a jet basketball player and before picking footy as number 1 and giving up Rep & State Basketball had the opportunity to go to high school in the USA on scholarship.

Anyways, back in day he is playing u12 (1) in the VJBL Championship and during that season, his team haven't lost a grading game to anyone, including Bulleen Boomers, Eltham Wildcats, Nunawading Vikings - none of the big junior Vic Metro clubs. In fact during the season proper, they only lost 1 game.

Anyways, they enter a tournament down on the Peninsula and his first game is up against Poowong who from our understanding have entered just for fun.
Well the boys were very confident that they would take care of business and at the start of the game were well and truly full of themselves.
Fast forward to half time their down by 20 and by the end of the game Poowong had well and truly handed them their ass.
They went on to win the tournament. Never seen them before that day and after that event never saw them again. They jumped everyone.
It taught him humility and to this day he remembers that ass kicking and the town of Poowong.
It must be something in the water - clearly not number 1’s.
All aboard Poowong for Town of Year 2021

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The way we played tonight, that's our style.

We don't have the skilled ball users to play our old kick and mark game plan but if we just play at full pace and move the ball forward whatever way we can we look dangerous and the opposition don't like it one bit.

Some her might not like to hear it but this teams dna is more aligned with Richmond than our 3 peat team.

Definitely got the rub of the green tonight. Swans were undisciplined and panicked a lot so did give away many genuine free kicks. But to be fair we were getting some calls they weren't getting. But I do recall one of the last couple times they played us it was pretty much the complete opposite. So they can suck it.

Big boy wound back the clock - shows how needed the break was, a real captains game
Big Boy looks fantastic/rejuvenated since Reeves came in and now Ceglar playing that David Hale role (80% forward 20% ruck). Will prolong his career and makes life so much easier for Kosi and co. having that big body around them.

I’m joking you guys abou Mitchell I hope know

What an absolute s**t show Sydney were trading this bloke for an absolute flog like Tippett

Tippett was a basketballer that took a mark in the preliminary final and got a pay packet

Wasn’t a direct swap but the money for this tall basketballer was an absolute joke

One word dud

Definitely got the rub of the green tonight. Swans were undisciplined and panicked a lot so did give away many genuine free kicks. But to be fair we were getting some calls they weren't getting. But I do recall one of the last couple times they played us it was pretty much the complete opposite. So they can suck it.
I heartily endorse this point of view. Especially the last 5 words.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back