Autopsy Round 13, 2021: Hawks sink the Swans

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
agree. Seems more likely they just missed it because Worpel didn’t get hurt, which would suggest the review process is pretty flimsy.
More likely the media didn't highlight it so they didn't review it.

I doubt they review much more than incidents raised by umpires, media or if a player is hurt behind play

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Razor really made Sydney pay after that Papley dummy spit. Loved it to be honest.

I expected it for the last couple of minutes of the quarter but it continued in to the 4th.

50/50 calls went our way, borderline deliberates by us thrown in, borderline deliberates by them pinged.

I felt like a Dogs supporter for about 20 or 25 minutes.

Nov 3, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
More likely the media didn't highlight it so they didn't review it.

I doubt they review much more than incidents raised by umpires, media or if a player is hurt behind play

That's my point about the flimsiness of the review process. The media didn't see it, so they didn't look at it.

If I was the AFL, I'd use media coverage as a guide for what to look at too. They are the best placed to see and show pretty much everything that happens, but occasionally players do get pinged for stuff that isn't highlighted in advance.

Jan 17, 2008
Brisvegas
AFL Club
Hawthorn
That's my point about the flimsiness of the review process. The media didn't see it, so they didn't look at it.

If I was the AFL, I'd use media coverage as a guide for what to look at too. They are the best placed to see and show pretty much everything that happens, but occasionally players do get pinged for stuff that isn't highlighted in advance.
It is pretty obvious the one person mrp isn’t going to watch every minute of every game. My guess is they look at match reports, injury reports and incidents highlighted by the media and that is about it.

Notsoyabby

Senior List
Jun 18, 2011
Argentina tomando Malbec
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
It is pretty obvious the one person mrp isn’t going to watch every minute of every game. My guess is they look at match reports, injury reports and incidents highlighted by the media and that is about it.
or if an opposition supporter posts something on social media

Luv_our_club

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yeah I am a fan of Moore. Not a superstar but a smart player. Hope he continues to improve

Moore just really needs to build his tank. His 2nd and 3rd efforts are improving as the season goes, but he still struggles as a young player.

Mummy likes to smash the smallest bloke on the field. He would crumple in an era when other players would be giving the same back to him.

If he were a country footballer, his only target would be to take out the u/18 kids.
agreed

go back to the 2019 grand final when he was huffing and puffing before the game trying to put the tigers off.

tried that s**t on cotchin and got his arse handed to him, didn't say boo for the rest of the game.

Bumps"N"Grins

Premiership Player
Oct 15, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Sell the team Dolan
Mummy likes to smash the smallest bloke on the field. He would crumple in an era when other players would be giving the same back to him.

If he were a country footballer, his only target would be to take out the u/18 kids.
Sounds very much like Damian Hardwick in his time as a footballer.

Moore just really needs to build his tank. His 2nd and 3rd efforts are improving as the season goes, but he still struggles as a young player.
Moore is one of the fittest guys at the club. Players that need to improve their tank.

Scrimshaw, Hanrahan, DGB, Reeves, Lewis to name a few

Hawk Dork

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Zombie Lover BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 9, 2005
on the road to nowhere
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
So mills actually generates leverage by pulling worpel over his leg. Cant see how that isn’t worse in every way. Obviously they just didn’t watch it. Meanwhile, on the couch ran omeara’s bump as a comparison by mackay’s massive hit. 😩
They choose to watch a fans mobile footage but ignore this

For the most part you see him chasing everywhere but not often getting the ball. Is he getting ignored or just not presenting?
Hard to tell on the tv. But seen him prior to that where he just couldnt het enough seperation from his opponent by running to early or too late. Its more akin to game sense i guess. He just isnt reading his team mates well enough

Luv_our_club

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Moore is one of the fittest guys at the club. Players that need to improve their tank.

Scrimshaw, Hanrahan, DGB, Reeves, Lewis to name a few
Moore is really not one of the fittest at the club.

Having fitness in your recruitment profile does not make you fit.

He needs preseasons.

Scrimshaw has a bigger tank right now compared to Moore. Scrim is AFL ready.

Watching Moore play... he often is jogging on the spot, or laying on the ground for too long after the tackle or pack... not to mention times he flat out gives up.

He is about 20 games in: do you really think we have seen the ceiling of his effort levels?

Moore's tank isn't there yet. When it gets there, his output will improve.

Last edited:
Moore is really not one of the fittest at the club.

Having fitness in your recruitment profile does not make you fit.

He needs preseasons.

Scrimshaw has a bigger tank right now compared to Moore. Scrim is AFL ready.

Watching Moore play... he often is jogging on the spot, or laying on the ground for too long after the tackle or pack... not to mention times he flat out gives up.

He is about 20 games in: do you really think we have seen the ceiling of his effort levels?

Moore's tank isn't there yet. When it gets there, his output will improve.
How about his time trial results. If memory serves me correctly he was top 7 or so.

Luv_our_club

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
How about his time trial results. If memory serves me correctly he was top 7 or so.

It's not the same.

Surely you get that?

I really would hate to think Moore is running on top of the ground (based on his limited defensive efforts at times).

Note: Finn looks like he drags his feet in the VFL - he almost wins our time trial. It's like 3k, without tackling, changing direction, buffeting etc. I run 10k multimple times a week - it's not the same as footy.

Last edited:

Luv_our_club

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Finn Jiath and Moore do not currently have more stamina than Mitchell or Hardwick.

They have less stamina than 10 to 15 other regular Hawthorn footballers.

It is not a criticism of Moore's potential to say that his tank is not yet fully developed. Look at Walsh - he didn't look like the player he is now in his first 20 games. Look at Brad Hill, as well as being a freak, he had the benefit of being the 4th quarter sub when he started playing afl.

Moore's ceiling for improvement is largely fitness based.

He demonstrates his current fitness struggles in every game - by failing to get up quickly after contests, jogging slowly in anguish, not chasing opposition. And he demonstrates it too by gradually getting better in those areas.

Last edited:

View from the nosebleed

A place to discuss all things sport.
Aug 11, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hard to tell on the tv. But seen him prior to that where he just couldnt het enough seperation from his opponent by running to early or too late. Its more akin to game sense i guess. He just isnt reading his team mates well enough

Surely this is an argument to have him in the side for a month then. He's not going to gel with his teammates by being in for a week then out for a week etc.

Back