Review Round 13 2021 - North Melbourne v GWS Giants, 3.20pm @ Blundstone Arena, Sun 13 June

Remove this Banner Ad

Always great hearing the next Gen pumped for a game. Future is bright.
He is also looking forward to an afl clinic at school, he thinks he is going to be playing for the sydney swans as they are running some coaching sessions at his school ( the swans cover all of georges river council and canterbury bankstown councils, I would have thought revesby, bankstown would be in gws terrirory, but that is not the case).

I will not use any expletives here but I was swearing at the TV for most of the game with the lack of intensity and poor defensive efforts by most of the team and I will say well done to North and the fans should feel disappointed they didnt get the 4 points which they deserved

Cunnington, Goldstein, Simpkin and Zurhaar really lift when they play the Giants and maybe the Giants players need some of that motivation

Players need to get the review done and move onto preparing for the Blues and hopefully an improvement all over the ground

Report says no injuries so far so hoping that is the case and Davis is back as he will be needed

Our fans totally heartbroken. We're not much chop at present but they gave everything today.

As I alluded to in the preview if Cunnington plays a game like that in Tassie we are always a chance. Staggered De Boer did not get sent to him (instead playing inside F50 all game and contributing nothing). Bizarre coaching.

Great effort for the Giants to split the points - largely on the back of Toby going into the middle in the last qtr. He is an absolute champion footballer and lifted the side back into the game.

Feels like a repeat of the R2 2020 train wreck vs North after the COVID break.

There’s a serious lack of professionalism to our routinely giving up soft early goals and then playing constant catch-up footy.

You just look at the goal we conceded on the half time siren today and ask WTF?

For me the 4th qtr just underlined we were a far, far better team on paper and that this game should never, ever have been in doubt.

We really don’t deserve to play finals.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back