Preview Round 13, 2021: St.Kilda v Adelaide - Cazaly's Stadium, Saturday 12th June, 7:25PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 23 45.1%
  • Crows

Votes: 28 54.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is Clavarino a ruckman?

No but we got by without a 2nd ruckman the last couple of weeks and Ryder being the sole ruckman.

The one positive of Hunter playing is that it will allow Ryder to play more up forward to help out King. that must be the thinking behind it.

Has Tex ever played SANFL?

Perhaps Highmore or Wilkie gave him a bath the last time they met - can be the only reason to go small in defence.

Apparently Hanners passed a fitness test before we recruited him, that fitness test must have consisted of him being able to walk unaided as that seems to be about all he is capable of these days.

Hanners issue at the Swans was a knee which forced him to miss about 6 games in the last 2 seasons with them.

When he got to Moorabbin he did a hammy, then buggered his ankle (on his sister's step when he was p1ssed) and pretty much from there on it's been soft tissue problems.

At the end of the day we had to spend $$$ in the cap and didn't give up that much trade wise to get him. There's so much carry on with Hanners from some supporters that you'd think we'd given up multiple 1st round picks & fked our TPP for years as well.

It didn't work, it was worth it at the time (our lack of leadership is still very obvious IMO) and we move on.

Crows have a very tall team backline. They got a smallish midfield in terms of height, and bunch of small forwards who are around 177 to 183. But their backline is very tall but mobile though. it makes sense to go with Battle and Wood with Hunter/Ryder resting up there.

It's a small backline. If the Crows have a tall forward line wouldn't it make more sense having Clav there? Hunter is in because Paddy might not make it through the match, not to play key back. Battle and Wood named forward, Wood isn't a defender, and Battle won't leave King on his own, or if King gets subbed out playing with a buggered back. The Crows full back would be crunching into that spine of his, awesome stuff.

I think that psychic octopus could've picked a better team for us going forward. Very short sighted selection, again.

Is Clavarino a ruckman?
No, but surely we've learnt after the 1st 8 or so games where we tried it, there isn't any point in playing Hunter or Smack as the 2nd ruckman/ruck fwd. Like playing a man down. Better off rucking Battle while Ryder rests for 5 minutes a quarter.

Clav very stiff, thought he actually showed a lot myself last 2 games.

We also seem to be very short down back to cover Thilthorpe, Fogarty and Tex.

Wouldn't be surprised to see some late change funny buggers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would melt but I’m out of energy and it ain’t worth it. At least this is an easy tip

I reckon we will see one of Bytel or Connolly in as a late change.

Connolly an emergency? That ain't happening.

Very bizarre year going on at the club. I really didn't think I'd be questiong the selection intergrity again with so little to choose from this week, but here we are haha
Perhaps it was about shielding Sharman as it looks like he was the only other option as an emergency.

Side looks better on paper than I thought. The big surprise is wood getting up otherwise don’t mind it.
I agree. It was a bit like picking the teams fourths at my cricket club. You celebrated if you had 11 guys turn up on the day. Hopefully there’s enough flexibility that we can get a decent performance.
Not feeling too confident. Saints by 66.
As a footnote, 8 of 14 ’experts’ in the Age have picked the Saints.

I agree. It was a bit like picking the teams fourths at my cricket club. You celebrated if you had 11 guys turn up on the day. Hopefully there’s enough flexibility that we can get a decent performance.
Not feeling too confident. Saints by 66.
As a footnote, 8 of 14 ’experts’ in the Age have picked the Saints.
I still can’t pick them not that matters. I never get 9 winners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back