Preview Round 13, 2021: St.Kilda v Adelaide - Cazaly's Stadium, Saturday 12th June, 7:25PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 23 45.1%
  • Crows

Votes: 28 54.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp, let’s hope punter plays a ripper against his old club. I feel a lot more confident saying that about Crouch though.

The most interesting part of the line up to me is how we handle Walker, Thilthorpe and even O’Brien if he goes forward. Assuming Dougs goes to Walker, Thilthorpe could get off the leash. According to the AFL app, he is 201 cm and a 102 kgs, for a seven gamer he could do some damage. Who handles him?

Perhaps it was about shielding Sharman as it looks like he was the only other option as an emergency.

Roughy said during the week that Ratt's told him Sharman might be emergency. Why shield naming a player, that would be bizarre too.

It would be incredibly rare that 3 emergencies have been used, but if ever there were a week that 4 would be used, it would be us this week. Dangerous naming an injured player as an emergency this week. Although I don't think the AFL would mind if we had to drag someone else in later. Just a bizarre year mate.

Welp, let’s hope punter plays a ripper against his old club. I feel a lot more confident saying that about Crouch though.

The most interesting part of the line up to me is how we handle Walker, Thilthorpe and even O’Brien if he goes forward. Assuming Dougs goes to Walker, Thilthorpe could get off the leash. According to the AFL app, he is 201 cm and a 102 kgs, for a seven gamer he could do some damage. Who handles him?
Wilkie or battle. Maybe battle. Battle isn’t a forward.

Hunter is a puzzling inclusion.

The rest of the selections make sense to me. People say they want Bytel in but he is fighting for an inside mid spot and last I checked Crouch, Steele and Dunstan are in the side. Clav has been ok and gotten a taste of it, but Highmore looked good down back in the last quarter last week so takes his place. Wood remaining in is insane but if he's fit then fine.

I'm a Long fan and think we are better with him in the team playing well.

I just don't see the point of playing youngsters for the sake of it, they need to earn their spot. I think that's a good philosophy to have, especially when the season is still technically alive.

Hunter is a puzzling inclusion.

The rest of the selections make sense to me. People say they want Bytel in but he is fighting for an inside mid spot and last I checked Crouch, Steele and Dunstan are in the side. Clav has been ok and gotten a taste of it, but Highmore looked good down back in the last quarter last week so takes his place. Wood remaining in is insane but if he's fit then fine.

I'm a Long fan and think we are better with him in the team playing well.

I just don't see the point of playing youngsters for the sake of it, they need to earn their spot. I think that's a good philosophy to have, especially when the season is still technically alive.
I think hunter is easy to explain. The second ruck didn’t work last week. And as we are even shorter this week we can’t pull a forward out to relief ruck. Also the hotter weather will most likely mean Ryder can’t ruck as much as last week. I don’t think they had much choice.

I think hunter is easy to explain. The second ruck didn’t work last week. And as we are even shorter this week we can’t pull a forward out to relief ruck. Also the hotter weather will most likely mean Ryder can’t ruck as much as last week. I don’t think they had much choice.
Great, you've convinced me :)

When I saw the extent of our injuries and queries over whether we would actually be able to field a team I didn’t think I could feel any flatter.

Somehow with this team selection the Saints have managed to do that to me.

Anyhoo; go Saints...

ulknXYs.gif

A couple of changes to come yet.

Ryder won't play, Joyce will come in and he and Battle will share second ruck/forward duties.

Wood won't play and Clav will replace him and play at chb.

Connolly will be listed as injured.

Bytel will be medical sub.

Alibakis and Sharman will be the "emergency" emergencies!!!

A couple of changes to come yet.

Ryder won't play, Joyce will come in and he and Battle will share second ruck/forward duties.

Wood won't play and Clav will replace him and play at chb.

Connolly will be listed as injured.

Bytel will be medical sub.

Alibakis and Sharman will be the "emergency" emergencies!!!
Thanks coach. Why isn’t Ryder playing? Understand wood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some interesting selection.

Bytel not playing is the biggest shock. Thought he was the logical replacement to come in for Ross. I suspect we might see Long in the midfield instead which will be interesting.

Not surprised Clav is out but am surprised we didnt bring in a proper key defender to replace him. I dont think Wilkie, Coffield and Highmore all work together, and I dislike that we are going in undersized down back.

Will be very interested in how all of King, Hunter, Wood and Battle will be used. I would rather we play Wood on the wing than Battle, or which one will be used in the Membrey role.

No but we got by without a 2nd ruckman the last couple of weeks and Ryder being the sole ruckman.

The one positive of Hunter playing is that it will allow Ryder to play more up forward to help out King. that must be the thinking behind it.

Ryder is probably out, had his leg iced and strapped.

I'd rather have our best footballers out there instead of a potato just because he's tall.
So who is the second ruck in hot weather against a bloody good ruck. I agree I’d rather have someone with a lot more ability but we can’t afford to take a tallish player out of the forward live to help in the ruck especially as there isn’t really anyone anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back