Preview Round 13, 2021: St.Kilda v Adelaide - Cazaly's Stadium, Saturday 12th June, 7:25PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 23 45.1%
  • Crows

Votes: 28 54.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

lewdogs

Cancelled
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jun 4, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Arsenal, Portland Trailblazers
I’m no wood man, but you’d have to wonder if he could have played more last week after he started very well... highmore replacing him really threw our set-up out.
Would have been awkward on the bench when Wood said "actually I think the hammy is fine, can I sub back in?"

bergholt

Good Ordinary Player
Mar 14, 2007
Brunswick
AFL Club
St Kilda
No, but surely we've learnt after the 1st 8 or so games where we tried it, there isn't any point in playing Hunter or Smack as the 2nd ruckman/ruck fwd. Like playing a man down. Better off rucking Battle while Ryder rests for 5 minutes a quarter.

Battle had 6 touches last week playing in the ruck, that feels like playing a man down too.

Oct 18, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
St Kilda, Ocean Grove Collendina Cobras
Thilthrope. Only his first year, but is 200cm so has a real advantage over Wilkie there.
Can't see Dougal playing at chb on Tex and then leaving Thilthorpe deep on Wilkie.

Tough night ahead for Wilkie/Highmore playing CHB on Tex.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Can't see Dougal playing at chb on Tex and then leaving Thilthrope deep on Wilkie.

Tough night ahead for Wilkie/Highmore playing CHB on Tex.
That's whats going to need to happen because we dont have any other choices. Wilkie has been completely outsized before and still held his own so hopefully he can do it again.

Tex tears us a new one every time. Even last year when he had a poor overall season, his best game of the year was still against us.

Munga

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 2, 2003
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yeah, I would have preferred this set up:
Doogs > Tex
Clav > Thilthorpe
Wilkie > McAdam

Poor Doogs and Wilks, they've been saying for months how under the pump they are with the midfield not pulling their weight...

Then Ratt's talking about poor skills and he'll keep playing kids...

So what do we do? Drop half of our key defenders and keep Dunstan in. Doogs and Wilks must be stoked. As long as Bytel is available there is no reason for Dunstan to be playing. It doesn't help us now, it doesn't help us going forward.

If we make the finals from here (ha!) it won't be because the known entity of Dunstan dragging us over the line each week, it will be because of the continual improvement of guys like Bytel and Clavarino... but that won't happen with them outside the 22. I always say it's not Dunstan's fault continually being selected, it's the club's embarrassment, not his. It should be about the future now, but each week we have guys taking spots away from developing the guys taking us forward.

Broken record, around and around it scratches...

mad-saint-guy

Premiership Player
Apr 13, 2005
Toronto, ON
AFL Club
St Kilda
Weird selection.

Kept King, Clark and Wood in the team who clearly have injury issues, drop Clav who is a great matchup for Thilthorpe and name two emergencies who were on the injury list. Also no mid to replace Ross - although I guess we will see Byrnes go back to his midfield role with Lonie replacing him up forward.

Surely we're going to see a late out or two. I'll be furious if any of the players with injury clouds aggravate their injuries like we did with Marshall. If this club stuffs Max King's back by forcing him to play injured at 20 years old then we need a total cleanout of administration and coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back