Preview Round 13, 2021: St.Kilda v Adelaide - Cazaly's Stadium, Saturday 12th June, 7:25PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 23 45.1%
  • Crows

Votes: 28 54.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Long's selection and Clav being dropped is more about having a bit more run and mobility in the back line for this particular game, nothing other than that.
Highmore would be the one who is replacing Clav, since he didnt have a proper position after coming on as the sub, and Long looks like more the replacement either Geary or Ross who we could see him up the ground more than usual.

Did you read the post ,,, Its about making finals , not winning , sure we can win this week but no way are we good enough to play finals IMO
I think Ratts focus would be to put a competitive team on the field every week. I don't believe he would be thinking about finals.
Are we good enough to play finals? Our form would suggest no, but stranger things have happened.

Yeah, just don't get why we'd risk Max if there's any lingering doubt around his condition. The season is basically a wash at this point, and he's the most important player on the list going forward, why not be extra careful with him?
Is there any doubts?

They said he trained well yesterday and feels fine but if there is any doubts on Saturday after we fly up, he will be out.

So if King feels fine, then he should be playing.

I think Ratts focus would be to put a competitive team on the field every week. I don't believe he would be thinking about finals.
Are we good enough to play finals? Our form would suggest no, but stranger things have happened.
True , that's the point i was making that i doubt he is thinking too far ahead at this stage :thumbsu:

Thilthorpe is going ok. 13 goals in his first 7 games.

The same amount of goals as Fogarty in 2 less games.

But it's more the fact that he's over 200cm tall and we will likely have to play a third tall defender on him.
He’s averaging better marks, goals, disposals ect than King is in his second year opposed to his first. I’m worried about him against this side almost as much as I’m worried about King in this side.

Geez I hope there are some late changes as mentioned on here... cannot understand why Clav isn't getting a run at it. As for Bytel.... he must be stinking it up at training!

To those saying “Dunstan isnt being dropped so why should Bytel come in” I was more thinking about him being a replacement for Ross.

But the selections are not like for like.

Outs:
Geary
Membrey
Ross
Clav

Ins:
Highmore (from sub to 22)
Lonie
Long
Hunter

The more I look at it the harder it is to work out which player is replacing which.
I don’t know what the selection committee’s thought process is here…

Geez I hope there are some late changes as mentioned on here... cannot understand why Clav isn't getting a run at it. As for Bytel.... he must be stinking it up at training!
Not sure how many times it has to be said, but why would Bytel get recalled?

He was dropped because he was averaging 15 touches a game.

His replacement was best on ground in his first game.

A midfield of Bytel, Crouch, Steele and Dunstan is too alike and too slow.

Bytel has not been able to play a game to put his name forward.

It's pretty simple.

It's pretty simple.

I accept that he wasn't lighting it up. No issues there. But why would we not give him an extended run in the side? Dunstan played well against Norf. Played okay against Sydney...cost us a goal or two. We know who he is and what he does. Why not find out about Bytel? We don't know who he is yet! Send him to shut down Sloane or try him on a flank. It doesn't make sense to me unless, as I said, he's training poorly...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I accept that he wasn't lighting it up. No issues there. But why would we not give him an extended run in the side? Dunstan played well against Norf. Played okay against Sydney...cost us a goal or two. We know who he is and what he does. Why not find out about Bytel? We don't know who he is yet! Send him to shut down Sloane or try him on a flank. It doesn't make sense to me unless, as I said, he's training poorly...
I agree, Ratts obviously still thinks we can make finals. struggling with our team selection- development- playing Battle as a wingman also thought Clav should of got another game

Bytel has played quite a bit of footy this year, it's not as though he's being starved of opportunities.

But there comes a time when you need to start earning your spot.

People talk about selection integrity on here all the time. That is why Dunstan gets a game. He went back did everything right to earn a spot. He was then bog first game back. It would be poor form from our coaching staff to drop him again one week later.

It's just unfortunatel for Jack there is no VFL right now but bro get back into the side he needs to go back and show he can find the footy.

It's pretty simple.

If Clark is as impaired as he was last week, he's hardly a point of difference. A garden gnome would also be different , but still slow.

Last edited:
I know what you mean, and hopefully Thilthorpe has a quiet game like last week - but should teams have been worried about Max King last year? If they only have one KPD I’d say yes.
They should have been worried because Max is different. He’s a generational talent. Fix his kicking and he’d be where Ben King is right now, in the running for the Coleman medal

Seasons basically cooked and we’re rolling out our 20yo Rolls Royce (King) with a bad back, playing a 28 year old ruckman whose VFL quality at best and sidelining a 19 year old mid (Bytel) whose potentially a 10 year player. And the club wonders why it cops so much flak externally.....
Bytel turned 21 before the season started. Jack Lonie is potentially a 10 year player too but needs to perform to stay in the side, just like Bytel.

It's pretty simple.

But....but Bytel is a superstar.

He’s averaging better marks, goals, disposals ect than King is in his second year opposed to his first. I’m worried about him against this side almost as much as I’m worried about King in this side.

I'm jealous of guys like Tilthorp and Georgiades getting to play under a dominant key forward and develop without as much pressure on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back