Game Day Round 13, 2021: St.Kilda v Adelaide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Win and we go 6-7, week to recover and hopefully get players back for a push in the 2nd half of season.

It's a big game and would be an even bigger win if we could do it with the injury list we've got at the moment. Lucky to even field a team.

Lets go boys!

I love the night before a game...

The sense of anticipation, the sense of excitement, the wonder of what magical new way we’re going to find to * it up this week...

Premium

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Win and we go 6-7, week to recover and hopefully get players back for a push in the 2nd half of season.

It's a big game and would be an even bigger win if we could do it with the injury list we've got at the moment. Lucky to even field a team.

Lets go boys!
George it feels like the pressure has come off the team , knowing we will battle to make the 8 - hopefully this releases the shackles and a few players find form - never know with Marshall and Jones back after the break they might string a few wins together.
Hoping King shows how good he can be.

Munga

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 2, 2003
AFL Club
St Kilda
"All the best, St Kilda!", welcome words of encouragement from our lovely regular hospital staff...

1623422047195.png

Dr Murgatroyd ensures us that after the match we'll all be jumping up and down yelling, "King's back! King's BACK!!!!".

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
Side looks better on paper than I thought but losing membery is big. Even Ross hurts because we don’t have great outside run but it could have been worse. Still think Adelaide are good things but will barracking hard for a good result. Struggle to see where the goals come from unless a few turn around their form. Go saints.

Oct 2, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Going to be a tough game but it's an important one to win. Whenever you sell a home game, you need to walk away with the win.

Overall, the team looks better on paper than we thought it would earlier in the week but I also expect some magnets to be thrown around particularly up forward. Adelaide have strong patches every single game but are also prone to quarter long lapses. We need to make sure we take advantage of that, and do maximum damage during their quiet patch.

Hunter has been brought on to take some load of Ryder, so we need Ryder to hit the scoreboard during his time forward. King will welcome the extra support as well, so we might see him further away from goal this week and being that target up the field. With Mason Wood's surprising recovery, it is going to be an interesting watch how they utilise both him and Battle - who plays that Membrey role and who plays the wing role.

Down back, I am slightly worried that we are undersized but Howard and Wilkie have been up for the task before. We need to keep Tex to 2 goals or less - doing that will go a huge way to us wining. Beyond that, I want to see how Coffield and Highmore are used because I'm still think the back 6 is better with only 1 of them.

Midfield wise, this is the type of game where Steele and Crouch are going to have to put the rest of the team on their backs. If they dont dominate in the middle. we are no hope. With the patch work forward line, we will need repeat entires to get a big enough score. And our backline has been vulnerable all year so we cant let Adelaide dominate us in the middle.

Going Saints by 28.
Wood to have 25 and kick 5.
Dunstan to tag Sloane out of the game.
Long to play midfield and get 23 disposals, 1 goal and conceded zero 50m penalties.

Aug 9, 2006
Level 2 Bar, Coventry End
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Packers, Detroit Tigers
Going Saints by 28.
Wood to have 25 and kick 5.
Dunstan to tag Sloane out of the game.
Long to play midfield and get 23 disposals, 1 goal and conceded zero 50m penalties.

This is the most ridiculous prediction I've read all year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back