Autopsy Round 13, 2021: St.Kilda v Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Nick Hind & Hickey in All Australian contention, thoughts?

Both are close but have to jump a few long term better players who will get picked first.

Like Bruce.

It's pretty annoying that we got rid of him and he's sitting second in the Coleman playing closer to goal. we had him run end to end and not play as a permanent deep forward. His one year we did play him there he topped our goal kicking

That Bruce goal from the boundary, 50m out, on the run was buddy like. It was impressive. He has definitely got his kicking boots on this year. But it’s still early and more importantly he’s got some bigger games to play ahead of him.

I enjoyed last nights game. I don’t miss watching Brucey run around in the RWB.

I don't watch the footy as much as I used to. I used to watch probably 5 games a weekend but now it's the Saints and maybe one other and even that's sometimes a stretch. I think it's the coverage saturating the game but probably also the constant rule changes.

In this case it was not a reportable offence but overall the footy was better in the 90's. Not sure why.
Saints were a lot better to watch..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They announced Cripps was re-signing weeks ago but nothings happened since.
Probably agreed to terms more or less but hasn’t signed yet.
?

I don't watch the footy as much as I used to. I used to watch probably 5 games a weekend but now it's the Saints and maybe one other and even that's sometimes a stretch. I think it's the coverage saturating the game but probably also the constant rule changes.

In this case it was not a reportable offence but overall the footy was better in the 90's. Not sure why.

Yeah, the game as a spectacle peaked in 80s and 90s... although rewind 100 years and people probably thought it was a better spectacle back then haha! I wouldn't mind seeing some dropkicks and hacking the bone hehe. Like you, I only watch the Saints/Sandy and maybe one other match. I get my fill from other sports and contests.

Yeah, the game as a spectacle peaked in 80s and 90s... although rewind 100 years and people probably thought it was a better spectacle back then haha! I wouldn't mind seeing some dropkicks and hacking the bone hehe. Like you, I only watch the Saints/Sandy and maybe one other match. I get my fill from other sports and contests.
Yeah same here, I'm watching more soccer than I ever have before and the last few years I've taken an interest in combat sport. I've been watching the NFL for 20 years too and still find that as good as ever. All I watch the AFL for these days is for us and the decline in my enjoyment of the game I don't think is because we are losing because even when we were s**t between 99-03 I still enjoyed the football a lot more than I do now.

That's not to say the Saints aren't my #1 love because they still are, I don't think anything will ever change that. But as a sport I've definitely branched out to other sports especially the last 4-5 years.

I think the 24/7 saturated coverage of the game doesn't help and I think many are tired of the strategy/tactical nature of the game now.

This might sound like an absolute lunatic kind of comment but I watched the Sydney game a couple of weeks ago and forced myself to watch it without trying to look for the tactics or gameplan or how we were playing etc. I tried to watch it as if it were a local football game and actually it was probably one of the more enjoyable games I've watched all year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back