Autopsy Round 13, 2021: St.Kilda v Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

But if we take 4 top 10 players off our injury/unavailable list, then that excuse doesn't exist anymore.
What?

Every team has 4 of their top 10 out.

We like to use it as an excuse. Every other team has its players use it as an opportunity.

'That's ok, Billy Ballbag, we weren't expecting to use you this season, ho-hum'

Do you think playing Marshall, Ross, Membrey and Jones tonight instead of Hunter, Bytel, Long and Lonie would have made a difference?
Injuries do of course influence outcomes, but they impact clubs to different extents depending on the quality of those teams. West Coast beat Carlton last week without Shuey, Kennedy, Allen, McGovern, Kelly and Duggan. The Dogs have been winning without Dunkley, Treloar, Wood and both their ruckmen. Even GWS have found some form despite Coniglio, Greene, Taylor, Haynes and Whitfield missing significant time. We are a mediocre side that are playing even worse because of injuries. Our system and list are not holding up to the challenges.

Sums it up doesn’t it
What stupid thing to admit
Ratts in public, "I didn't see it"
Ratts in private, "that was a bullsh1t free kick. We got fukced over by that filthy blue maggot!
I wouldn't read too much into it. Most coaches say they didn't see it so they can't get drawn into any controversy by the media

Come on here give sh*t and then sook up lol clown 🤡
I reported him and evaded the swear filter I’m doing so. A mod mate of mine told me that’s ok and I won’t get in trouble but we’ll see.

I am in Hotel Quarantine, which is soul destroying in itself. My son is in tears. He cannot understand what happened. I do understand. The players got ahead of themselves and thought they had the game won at half time. The coaches did not do enough to change that mindset. Adelaide did not agree they had lost and began to fight back. Sure the umpiring was a disgrace and losing Clarke was unsettling but the key reason for the loss in my mind is that no player took responsibility to shift the momentum back our way despite repeated opportunity to do so. Panic set in and was not halted. The game was there to be won, not saved. Our coaching tactic of flooding the backline was infantile in its thinking. The club seems to be entrenched in mediocrity, of not rocking the boat, of supporting good causes. That is great but our core business is to be a winning football club. We need to recruit leaders, even if their drive for success may grate on others. Petracca, for example, is a classic missed opportunity as he has the ruthlessness to lift a side around him. We cannot afford to waste this years draft. I hope that this loss in particular is the one needed to galvanise the club to undertake a genuine review of itself, to make tough decisions, reset and to hopefully move toward that premiership.

Surprised I haven’t seen any dislikes from that prick buttons.

Speaking of, so dislikes negatively impact your reaction score? Asking for a friend.

At this stage I'd be ecstatic to do a straight swap for Ratten?

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk
Yeah mate the difference is you have a decent team. We have deficiencies everywhere and our coach may not be the biggest problem but his refusal to do anything about it is frustrating. More excuses than solutions from him.

Without being too negative - can’t see a win happening anytime in the next 5 weeks.

Richmond @ MCG
Pies @ MCG (first game under Harves)
Brisbane @ Gabba
Port @ Marvel (who knows where it’s played)
West Coast @ Optus

Failed to win the “winnable” games we simply had to win for a chance this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit like Richmond in 2016.

Coaches deserve time.

What we do need though are quality assistants around Ratten.

Richmond were able to do that for Hardwick. Look how different Melbourne are now they've brought in Yze and Choco.

You get nowhere sacking your head coach every couple of years.
You use Choco as an example for Melbourne but remember its the same choco that was moved on by Richmond after 2016.

Richmond also had to that point a Brownlow winner, Coleman winner, and AA full back.

It was always going to click to some degree.

Hardwick is the exception, not the rule.

You use Choco as an example for Melbourne but remember its the same choco that was moved on by Richmond after 2016.

Richmond also had to that point a Brownlow winner, Coleman winner, and AA full back.

It was always going to click to some degree.

Hardwick is the exception, not the rule.

Can you tell NaturalDisaster that because he won’t listen to me.

Ratts game day coaching has to be questioned.

I would've put Paddy deep to full forward like Alves did with Spida back in 1998 when Stewie Loewe was injured.
Absolutely it does. I don’t think he’s a great match day coach and as many people have said it starts with getting in THE ******* COACHES BOX.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back