Autopsy Round 13, 2021: St.Kilda v Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Ducky Tie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 15, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
It'll be interesting to see if Ratten brings up the "we need to start playing four quarters" line again. It's a delusional line that coaches use and misses the point of what is going on. It's believing that the one or two good quarters are real, when in reality, poor sides are capable of putting together good patches of football, but don't play good games.

This happened for years with Richo, where he would portray the issue as one of inconsistency between quarters, rather than a system/group of players that are not up to it. I'm concerned that Ratten seems to going down the same path. Any team can point to a good quarter in a game and tell themselves that if they can just do that four quarters, they'll be sweet. It doesn't work like that and the cause of that sporadic performance is not inconsistency, but ineptitude.

KingsRansom

Club Legend
Aug 23, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
Ratten out now. This club needs a change of coach, a change of administration and most of all a change of culture. This club is in serious trouble and most of its problems have been self-inflicted. Some of the players and a coach can start planning their suburban league careers tonight. Lonie to Bayswater and Ratten to South Belgrave.

Well aren't you a ray of sunshine

El HOSS

Team Captain
May 6, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Would love to see Danny Sexton interim head coach at some point. Mad troll is probably an elite senior coach in waiting.

Spoke to an ex coach the other day. Asked what Sexton does.. the response was legitimately, no idea.. all I could do was laugh... I'm thinking, we're out here trying to win a flag. Teams are spending squillions trying to win a flag considering the soft cap... and we've got this bloke and have had for what.. a decade? And were probably spending a $1 over the soft cap... 🤣

Mowman

Cancelled
Day Off
Veteran St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2023 10k Posts St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2022 St Kilda - James Frawley Player Sponsor 2021 Saints Pledge Contributor St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019
May 19, 2013
That’s how a lot of us felt about the tigers in our darkest days.

success comes from the top down. Maybe it’s not just the players but the culture that needs addressing?
Been following them for 46 years and think i would be happy if they folded
Did you ever feel like that ?

LiterallyNobody

Cancelled due to poster being a Campaigner
30k Posts 10k Posts Cake Connoisseur SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Harry Potter Fan Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds Shiny Penny
Jul 26, 2006
AFL Club
St Kilda
* me dead.

that was horrendous.

Going to do a player review even though we lost. If I can be ****ed. Let’s see.

but first

Let’s merge x
Between us we might just have enough decent players to form one good side. Imagine max and Harry in the same forward line; Crippa, Walsh, Crouch and Steele in the midfield - we’d be unstoppable!!! And enough rubbish players to form an awful side that would go close to winning every spoon.
so lets merge twice and make two teams.

Also why did no one get stuck into Mackay, Like F that guy just broke one of our guy's jaws. Stand up for him.
Agreed. Soft as butter. :thumbsdown:

How do we lose that with Battle and Bytel dominating?
Piss weak effort from both tbh
Can't remember being so embarrassed
Club will never mount to anything
Me either. I’ll be dead in the ground with maggots infesting my body before another saints flag happens
Ratts will never take this club anywhere, don't let it fester on like we did with Richo

Like a band aid straight off
agreed. He’s no good.

No.

Don't do a Port and hang on to a coach too long because of a rosey honeymoon period. Hinkley has turned over two lists and not even made a granny. Make the call soon as it's evident and the fat lady is proper warmed up now for Ratten.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk
He’s a much better coach than Ratts. But I agree we need to cut him loose.

Wouldn't mind seeing a comparison of which of our teams has the most players just happy to be on an AFL list. Feel for blokes like Steele and Howard who actually give a sh*t when there are so many there just cashing those cheques.
Disgusting how many players we have collectively just running around collecting those dollars

Emotionally checked out.
wrong thread bro

A quick photo for the people saying Mckay jumped and bumped Clark

Clearly had his foot on the ground at the point of impact

View attachment 1153652
I’m sick of hearing about this. Bigger problems to worry about. But look at the score. 36-0 and we lost. Bet that hasn’t happened too many times.

okay player review will be in a new post.

Veer Right

Premium Platinum
May 11, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Steele & Ryder on the bench in the last for how long? No instructions to attack down the corridor and try and win the game?

If we could boot this pretender now, we could hit the off season knowing we will draft kids and then headed on the true path for success.

There are no short cuts and the bone headed moves to trade away our picks for exposed recycled talent is on show for all to see.

St Kilda will never see success until the people running the show at the club are the right people to begin with. Things are far from right presently.

Aug 30, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Spoke to an ex coach the other day. Asked what Sexton does.. the response was legitimately, no idea.. all I could do was laugh... I'm thinking, we're out here trying to win a flag. Teams are spending squillions trying to win a flag considering the soft cap... and we've got this bloke and have had for what.. a decade? And were probably spending a $1 over the soft cap... 🤣
He even made it through covid cut backs. Protected species. Must be good at something. Surely?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm completely flat. Once again poor conversion has cost us. If we kick straighter, we get a lead that makes Adelaide go into preservation mode. Seriously, I would much rather be sh1t and have no expection of winning instead of the twilight zone we a currently in. If our team had half the resiliance of its long suffering supporters it would never lose.

SP0r1Ab.gif

natooo

Senior List
Aug 4, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Hope not to intrude, never good to have a loss like that. I still think your future is bright. You’re missing a fair few of your best 22. Wouldn’t be surprised to see you guys in finals next year. Get your best 22 back on the field, tweak a couple things and have an easier draw. Just gotta cut some of your dead wood and hopefully find some serviceable replacements

Remove this Banner Ad

Back