Autopsy Round 13, 2021: St.Kilda v Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Curious George what’s funny about this?
You still worked up about this discussion? I don't agree with you mate, it's okay. You can call me names again, it's ok I promise I won't take offence.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
You still worked up about this discussion? I don't agree with you mate, it's okay. You can call me names again, it's ok I promise I won't take offence.
I never was worked up, you being deliberate obtuse about the whole thing was irritating I’ll grant that but that’s not the question.

what’s funny about that post?

I never was worked up, you being deliberate obtuse about the whole thing was irritating I’ll grant that but that’s not the question.

Deliberately obtuse in what way? Telling you why I disagreed that five key talls wouldn't work and Bruce perhaps needs to take responsibility for his career rather than lump another decision as the clubs fault? Lmao. It's funny because after spending an entire day discussing it and calling people names you decide you are the one to end this discussion and look like the man of reason. If you don't want people to disagree with you why are you here?

giphy - 2020-10-23T205548.602.gif

KingsRansom

Club Legend
Aug 23, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda

You two keep it up and I'm putting you both in time out in separate corners. Play nicely with each other, will you!

You two keep it up and I'm putting you both in time out in separate corners. Play nicely with each other, will you!
He is like a dog with a bone. Desperate to be correct. Maybe if I just lie and say he is correct he will give it a rest. Laughing at his post is not an invitation for another discussion yet here he goes again lol

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Deliberately obtuse in what way? Telling you why I disagreed that five key talls wouldn't work and Bruce perhaps needs to take responsibility for his career rather than lump another decision as the clubs fault? Lmao. It's funny because after spending an entire day discussing it and calling people names you decide you are the one to end this discussion and look like the man of reason. If you don't want people to disagree with you why are you here?
Still running with ryder and Marshall as key forwards... perhaps you weren’t being obtuse.

disagree with me all you like, happy to discuss it, snidely posting laughing emojis on most of my posts and doing the sarcastic “mate” stuff is much more reasonable.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
He is like a dog with a bone. Desperate to be correct. Maybe if I just lie and say he is correct he will give it a rest. Laughing at his post is not an invitation for another discussion yet here he goes again lol
it’s an opinion, it’s not right or wrong...

it’s definitely wrong to think that two ruckmen are forwards.

Anyway, your board, you can have the last word.

Still running with ryder and Marshall as key forwards... perhaps you weren’t being obtuse.

disagree with me all you like, happy to discuss it, snidely posting laughing emojis on most of my posts and doing the sarcastic “mate” stuff is much more reasonable.
That's funny, I could've sworn you said we shouldn't have to hold people's hands through a discussion. If you think that I think Ryder and Marshall are just forwards who is the one being obtuse? Anyone with half a brain knows they do both. My point was they both play forward.

Snidely posting laughing emojis is not okay yet openly calling someone an idiot is just fine then according to you, coupled with saying Ryder isn't a forward but Marshall is to make a weak point, the hypocrisy is laughable.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
That's funny, I could've sworn you said we shouldn't have to hold people's hands through a discussion. If you think that I think Ryder and Marshall are just forwards who is the one being obtuse? Anyone with half a brain knows they do both. My point was they both play forward.

Snidely posting laughing emojis is not okay yet openly calling someone an idiot is just fine then according to you, coupled with saying Ryder isn't a forward but Marshall is to make a weak point, the hypocrisy is laughable.
Not for nothing but I’m pretty sure I called you a dolt

it’s an opinion, it’s not right or wrong...

it’s definitely wrong to think that two ruckmen are forwards.

Anyway, your board, you can have the last word.
If I have to hold your hand through a discussion like you said to me earlier than just tell me. Do you think we've been watching football for 5 minutes. Who actually thinks two ruckman play solely forward? Lmao. The point was they do play forward. That is part of their role.

Couldn't care less if you had the last word, that was evident when I stopped discussing it with you because despite however many have told you why playing and paying so many key forwards won't work you can't understand it. That's fine, just no point talking about it anymore if that's the case.

Tagging me and questioning me at why I laughed at one of your posts doesn't really scream of somebody who wants to move on lol

Not for nothing but I’m pretty sure I called you a dolt
Yes that's right. And see, you laughed at one of my posts. Laugh away. I couldn't care less, definitely wouldn't tag you and demand an explanation for it lmao

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Damn i hate it when i cant find a gif quick enough

(Jenny snatching the speed detector and bike helmet form Kramer and Newman scene when they argue)

Jun 17, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Honestly the end game is about a premiership. I don't want to scare people but we are probably at least 3 years off being a serious threat to top 4 and that's if everything goes right.

Paddy Ryder is a gun- he won't be there.

King is the player everything hinges on and his development should be the priority long term. We should be looking at him like a foal sired by a champion, Using him to pull a plow because you have an old plow lying around isn't that.

We were always going to be doing a huge clean out at the end of this year and we cut depth out like Hind for nothing. We either didn't identify his worth, or weren't planning ahead.

We are playing Membrey as a mobile high half forward which leaves an extra tall back on King and means Membrey is spent when he kicks. Bad management for Tim, the side and King.

We could have played Bruce back even, we are still a tall back man short.

The two ruck men worked great last year covering a sh*t midfield but it should be about long term not now. We need to buy up a good ruckman who plays like Ryder for continuity now or hopefully we can build a midfield that can work with Marshall and a fill in forward ruck instead.

Basically everything should be done with an eye on the future not on what the current season looks like. The amount of dead wood that needs cutting out will leave huge holes everywhere, losing guys that were better fringe players doesn't seem like good management to me because now we'll be grabbing late picked end of draft fillers with years less development in them.

This is why I can't fathom Battle's role. He should be a point of difference in the forward line either doing Membrey's old role, or Membrey's new role. Instead he is being used out of position and out of his depth...and he is one player where the 'injuries are hurting us' excuse, doesn't add up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back