Preview Round 13, 2021: Sydney v Hawthorn, 11 June 2021, 7.50pm AEST @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How exciting for Jai. At the end of last year he hadn't played any NAB or champs level footy, 2 years removed from his first draft eligible year, gearing up his apprenticeship in Poowong.

Half a year later he's making an AFL debut on a Friday night. What a ride!

I'll be really happy if I can see his good defensive work, some good handballing skills in a contest, an ability to absorb a tackle and an uncontested mark or two linking from defense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Day is ready to go, hopefully CJ can be free'd up to get back to early season form.

I feel CJ has been timid recently in that he is less likely to try and run and attack when we win the ball or leave his man to inercept when we don't.

When teams aren't going well a lot of guys just don't want to get goals kicked on them so stick to their man like glue and don't help out 3rd up or on rebound as much.

Also a case in the midfield when you lock down and get defensive worring about your opponent instead of trying to get space or win the ball.

It means you don't get thrashed but you have a hell of a time trying to score.

Hi all,

I’m new to the site. I’ve been lurking a little the last month or so through some of the match preview and trade, drafting and mini draft discussions threads. And now thought it was time to create an account so I could get involved in some discussions.

My mate, Fear The Beard has been passing on the team news I’ve been receiving throughout the season.

Here’s the team news I had passed onto me this morning for tomorrow night.

IN: O’Meara, Day, Newcombe, Morrison
OUT: Cousins, Greaves, Lewis (concussion), Morris

Sub: Morris

Obviously things can change, but that’s where things stood after the team meeting before training this morning.

He knows him, won't get pushed off the ball, knows he can beat him but still represents a good challenge. Honestly a pretty good opponent to debut on if he's properly fit.

Absolutely should if he's fit and ready. But likely a bit off the pace given the amount of time he's been out, and where he's at in his development.

Hi all,

I’m new to the site. I’ve been lurking a little the last month or so through some of the match preview and trade, drafting and mini draft discussions threads. And now thought it was time to create an account so I could get involved in some discussions.

My mate, Fear The Beard has been passing on the team news I’ve been receiving throughout the season.

Here’s the team news I had passed onto me this morning for tomorrow night.

IN: O’Meara, Day, Newcombe, Morrison
OUT: Cousins, Greaves, Lewis (concussion), Morris

Sub: Morris

Obviously things can change, but that’s where things stood after the team meeting before training this morning.
Would be a little bummed if Morris gets the sub vest as opposed to a couple weeks in the 22- and even more bummed if Lewis comes out and Jeka/Callow weren't brought in.
Other than that looks good to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back