Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2007
Beaumaris
AFL Club
Hawthorn
To think Swans and Hawks practically begun rebuilding around the same time !

They've benefitted greatly from their academy, which has allowed them to secure the below players.

First Round Selections: Heeney (2014), Mills (2015), Blakey (2018) and Campbell (2020).

Sydney also matched a second-round bid at pick No.32 last year for Gulden.

It's no surprise they've rebounded so strongly.

Jazzfan

Club Legend
Apr 12, 2021
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Do we think Big Boy will spend a fair bit of time forward? With Lewis out, and Reeves best in the middle for development and lack of forward craft...

local hack

All Australian
Mar 26, 2017
The Island
AFL Club
Hawthorn
LOL some of these “I’ve got a good feeling about tonight’s game” quotes are gonna come back to haunt a few after tonight’s game!
How so? The ‘I’ve got a good feeling’ is the right of supporters of a team in the bottom few. Shitney aren’t a great team, but * me we are paying $5+, feelings are about all we have cause there’s no form, so no I won’t be haunted if a 1.10 winner gets up

Last edited:

madhawksfan

Premiership Player
May 12, 2010
Canberra
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Just want to see some positive footy instead of the dross we have served up the past few weeks. Need to start trying to play footy that could see win games in the future once our youngsters develop their consistency.

Excited to see Day back and hoping Jai can have a solid debut. Not expecting him to step in and dominate as that’s a lot to ask.

Mar 23, 2007
Where Premiership dreams are made...
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man U, Canucks and 49ers
Do we think Big Boy will spend a fair bit of time forward? With Lewis out, and Reeves best in the middle for development and lack of forward craft...

With TO and Frost to mark Buddy, would not surprised me if BB played behind the ball a bit. We look very short with Hartigan and Lewis out.

Simon Crawshay

Premiership Player
Jun 4, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Just want to see some positive footy instead of the dross we have served up the past few weeks. Need to start trying to play footy that could see win games in the future once our youngsters develop their consistency.

Excited to see Day back and hoping Jai can have a solid debut. Not expecting him to step in and dominate as that’s a lot to ask.
Pretty much same here.

The main thing I will be watching tonight is our game style as I have watched a fair bit of footy of the good teams the last two weeks and I want to see at least a glimmer of hope that we can begin to move towards a more free flowing, attacking style instead of what has been dished up so far this year.

Feb 13, 2010
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Coney Island Warriors
how did u guys beat us/
anway i think u guys r a chance 2nite
All I can think of is that when there's a will, there's a way!
Only lost to the Cats by less than a kick also, albeit with them missing some decent players, granted.

Looked better early in the season definitely.

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Just want to see a bit of heart and soul tonight, honestly.. a genuine crack and I’ll be happy

On a more serious note I am worried about this game. I hope you guys don't come up but it would not surprise me if you manage to achieve a surprise victory. Swans are not the same team we were in the first month or so as we are missing our young players who all made a real difference in those rounds.

Feb 13, 2010
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Coney Island Warriors

On a more serious note I am worried about this game. I hope you guys don't come up but it would not surprise me if you manage to achieve a surprise victory. Swans are not the same team we were in the first month or so as we are missing our young players who all made a real difference in those rounds.

We used to have some absolute cracker home and away matches, our clubs. And oddly, we seemed to win up there and you down here - hostile territory victories abound.

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
We used to have some absolute cracker home and away matches, our clubs. And oddly, we seemed to win up there and you down here - hostile territory victories abound.

Yep, and despite how you guys are a very different team in 2021 I still have PTSD and like a Vietnam Vet who goes into a ball when he hears a helicopter overhead I can't help but have a worried reaction whenever I see the Hawthorn guernsey.

Feb 13, 2010
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Coney Island Warriors
Yep, and despite how you guys are a very different team in 2021 I still have PTSD and like a Vietnam Vet who goes into a ball when he hears a helicopter overhead I can't help but have a worried reaction whenever I see the Hawthorn guernsey.
haha, feeling would be mutual regardless of ladder positions.

If playing JOM and Worpel in the goal square against North wasn’t enough, replacing Reeves with Cegs....we’re officially tanking. 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back