Review Round 13, 2021 vs Geelong

Boxx

Premiership Player
Mar 2, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys
Jonas is as an insipid captain that I have ever seen at this club!
He is a joke.
Bonner is not even SANFL level and should never ever have been recalled into the 1s.
Farrell is an important outside link, but boy is be soft.
Woodcock - yep.
Aliir was pants tonight as well.
DBJ has been s**t all year.

Last edited:
Scoreline was about right.
Probably closer than it should of been.
We are miles off it.
You're not winning games against the better sides with Bergman and woodcock in the side.

We should make the 8 but only just. Not sure butters , duursma would of made a difference.. perhaps clurey and Lycett might in terms of the smashing we got in the air.. but meh
Another wasted season.

Why don’t you tip in some cash to the club to sack Hinkley moneybags?

carnthemaggies

Team Captain
Jun 25, 2015
Semaphore
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
So frustrating, so many dumb mistakes. The mentality of this team never seems to change. No system, too much risk taking. On one level we have a lot of young players but we’ve seen it all before

Nov 5, 2010
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Frustrating loss. Too many passengers in the end lead to an eerily familiar loss to Geelong.

Great to see Rozee find his form and some
dash again, and also felt that was the best game Dixon has played this year, but needed more from DBJ, Farrell, Bonner and Woodcock in particular.

I guess I can take some comfort from the constants in life despite the strange times we’re in; Joel Selwood getting free kicks for throwing his head into someone, and generic Geelong players always plucking the ball at will as it enters our forward line.

Black 18

Club Legend
May 21, 2007
Seacliff
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
One thing is for sure our depth is nowhere near as good as some seem to think.

The guys we have been forced to bring in offer nothing and never do apart from junk time stuff against bottom sides.

I feel really sorry for guys like Wines, Dixon and Boak who try their absolute hardest to give this Club some credibility and the efforts of some soft, scared little boys hurt us time and time again.

Aliir is entering fraud space. When he has to defend, apply some body pressure or anything other than intercept marking he is poor. Beyond poor.

DBJ must be an egotistical fool the way he's playing this year. A truly horrible decision to have him anywhere near the leadership group.

Our defense is outright poor. They have been well and truly exposed this year. Slow, soft, unwilling to work for another. They all just want to grab stats by switching the ball around with no pressure applied.

Woodcock - LOL the guy is not even close to AFL level. Not even close.

Bergman has all the skills in the world but has to decide if he wants to play AFL or drift in to the world of 'what could have been'. Scared and has obviously gone to the school of Tom Jonas in that every single time he has the ball and someone tackles him he almost plays dead. Just stops and doesn't even really try to do anything.

The bar the measures the minimum level of acceptability at this Club is way too low and has been all through Ken's years with us. Time and time again we give back to the opposition through scared players, players who want easy stuff, and outright moronic decision making at vital times.

The usual crowd played well. Some battled their hearts out. Others are there for a paycheck and an easy kick and catch with mates. Fraudulent cowards IMO.

PJ Power

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 13, 2003
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Our inability to pickup the ball from the ground is hilarious.

And you can't reach that. It's desire and want to be able to do that. This side under Ken and having the 2014 squad as the veterans will never be successful.
Lot of fumblers and players who don’t get their body in line with the ball. I didn’t expect Jones’ fumbling to be so consistently bad.

Best part of the night was getting evacuated from my apartment building by a fire alarm with 5 minutes left in the game. The sweet, merciful sound of being alleviated of the horrors of watching Port Adelaide play.

For the record, it was a false alarm. A bit like the people who thought we were a chance of winning a premiership with that fat, Coke guzzling, dumbass Victorian mole as our coach.

Aug 15, 2015
The cockeyed lowlife of the (Southern) Highlands
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Think people are harsh on Bergman. Didn't think he did much wrong. Jones was worse than him today imo but I'd persist with both because they look like potentially being good players.

Woodcock not up to it though. I'd drop him next week

Yeah canning Bergman is insane, he's played a handful of games. DBJ was worse and he's all Australian last year. Not to mention Burton going from being classy attacking defender to complete spudd .

Harlott

Premiership Player
Jul 5, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Replace Bonner with Butters, we win.
Replace Bergman with Duursma, we win.

We're good enough we our best team on the park. We're not good enough without it.

It would be nice if the cats weren't allowed to knock out two of our players though.
Not sure what you were watching. Bergman was good.

Aug 15, 2015
The cockeyed lowlife of the (Southern) Highlands
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Best part of the night was getting evacuated from my apartment building by a fire alarm with 5 minutes left in the game. The sweet, merciful sound of being alleviated of the horrors of watching Port Adelaide play.

For the record, it was a false alarm. A bit like the people who thought we were a chance of winning a premiership with that fat, Coke guzzling, dumbass Victorian mole as our coach.

Lol my missus turned off the router accidentally aiming for a different power outlet with 5 minutes left. I turned off kayo and shut down

It's like that every week at home ... It also gets to the point that our guys get that frustrated that begin to play for frees and that compounds the problem and we get nothing

Could see their heads drop when it was one too many. Made me sick watching it tbh

Duckimus Prime

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Our inability to pickup the ball from the ground is hilarious.

And you can't reach that. It's desire and want to be able to do that. This side under Ken and having the 2014 squad as the veterans will never be successful.
Its much easier if you know you can actually just throw the ball towards a teammate.

Back