Review Round 13, 2022 - Brisbane Lions vs. St. Kilda

Who were you five best players against St. Kilda?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Hippy doing roughly the same output as a forward with who he replaced combo of Fort/Oscar.
He will only get better after a few weeks as we seen Rayner do.
I have been big on the 2 ruck..
If Dan can put in a contest like he did on the weekend. Week in and week out pinch hitting it will work.

Hippy doing roughly the same output as a forward with who he replaced combo of Fort/Oscar.
He will only get better after a few weeks as we seen Rayner do.
I have been big on the 2 ruck..
If Dan can put in a contest like he did on the weekend. Week in and week out pinch hitting it will work.
1 ruck come the pointy end of the season has always been the plan....that said, plans can change.

1 ruck come the pointy end of the season has always been the plan....that said, plans can change.
As said Dan did better then Joe has done as ruck.. So if it continues be good.
I still worry Oscar doing 90% where he is fitness wise in the last.
Although last year he was carrying a injury which I do not think helped as well.

Fort as the sub makes a whole lot of sense against 2 ruck teams. I fully expect us to use him as the sub as much as needed, especially given the sub is very easily exploited.

Agree 100%. For us to seriously be a chance to win the flag, our best chance is with our 3 talls in the forward line. This separates us from the other sides along with Cameron, McCarthy, Bailey, Rayner, we are absloutely unstoppable providing we get the ball in enough times.
For the record, I also agree 100% with the coach's. Hippy wont get better playing reserves and apart from lacking match fitness, is playing his part in winning games. The more games he plays, the better he will get.
When Cam came back this year from his knee reco, he was slow off the mark and took 3 to 4 games to build into some good form. While that was happening there were some here holding forth about his being a poor pick 1 and hypothesizing about whether he would ever really make it. Now he is regularly in our best and looking better and better every game.

Similarly, Hippy is still finding his feet and looking a a bit tentative at times.

Fortunately the Finals are still about 13 to 14 weeks away and are not starting tomorrow.

Hipwood needs games at the top level, just as Rayner did.

We have plenty of wins in the bank so we can afford to play the long game rather than look for quick band aid solutions

I also think earlier games we had Rayner and Cockatoo both playing rusty which we struggled to carry.
We dropped Cockatoo and gave Rayner more games to come good.
A bit worried about Cockatoo even VFL level he shows glimpses then fades.
Maybe another pre season has so much talent.
Still a bit of season for him to get his Mojo back for finals.

I also think earlier games we had Rayner and Cockatoo both playing rusty which we struggled to carry.
We dropped Cockatoo and gave Rayner more games to come good.
A bit worried about Cockatoo even VFL level he shows glimpses then fades.
Maybe another pre season has so much talent.
Still a bit of season for him to get his Mojo back for finals.

With Cocky I wonder how much of it is mental. I'd be looking at making sure he not only has a strong pre season, but partner him with a sports psychologist to work closely with him.

With Cocky I wonder how much of it is mental. I'd be looking at making sure he not only has a strong pre season, but partner him with a sports psychologist to work closely with him.
Do we have a sports psychologist at the club? We all know football is played mostly from the shoulders up along with other factors.

Also think after a few years out of it his fitness coming back.
The Cocky 2022 is a lot fitter then the one who was here last year
Not given up on him.. I think he really needs to feel his body is back and not have to second guess things.
Has elite skills and a good footy brain by the looks of it

When Cam came back this year from his knee reco, he was slow off the mark and took 3 to 4 games to build into some good form. While that was happening there were some here holding forth about his being a poor pick 1 and hypothesizing about whether he would ever really make it. Now he is regularly in our best and looking better and better every game.

Similarly, Hippy is still finding his feet and looking a a bit tentative at times.

Fortunately the Finals are still about 13 to 14 weeks away and are not starting tomorrow.

Hipwood needs games at the top level, just as Rayner did.

We have plenty of wins in the bank so we can afford to play the long game rather than look for quick band aid solutions

Only realised after watching the Hippy video the lions put out this week that he did MCL and PCL at the same time. I know those ligaments take a lot less time to recover from than an ACL but I wonder if he might take a fair bit longer than Rayner because of the additional injuries.

Wing AttendanceRound 13St. KildaGabba
Names
Q1
Q2
Q3
Q4
Total
Percentage
Bottom​
Bottom​
Bottom​
Bottom​
J.Berry
2​
2​
4​
1​
4​
4​
17​
41.46%​
Robinson
2​
2​
1​
4​
6​
2​
17​
41.46%​
Bailey
1​
3​
1​
2​
7​
17.07%​

Added some columns for which wing the players were stationed at based on the TV coverage position. I should also probably clean up these tables to make them more presentable but I don't have the energy to do that currently. For the final bounce of the game it looks like we didn't have anyone stationed on one of the wings.

Wing AttendanceRound 13St. KildaGabba
Names
Q1
Q2
Q3
Q4
Total
Percentage
Bottom​
Bottom​
Bottom​
Bottom​
J.Berry
2​
2​
4​
1​
4​
4​
17​
41.46%​
Robinson
2​
2​
1​
4​
6​
2​
17​
41.46%​
Bailey
1​
3​
1​
2​
7​
17.07%​

Added some columns for which wing the players were stationed at based on the TV coverage position. I should also probably clean up these tables to make them more presentable but I don't have the energy to do that currently. For the final bounce of the game it looks like we didn't have anyone stationed on one of the wings.
Late in games if its close you often see teams try and "flood back" so the wings retreat to the absolute back of the side of the square (while still being in 6-6-6). But it means they are out of the tv shot

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back