Preview Round 13, 2022: Fremantle v Hawthorn, 11 June 2022, 4.10pm AEST @ Optus Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The side this week is probably the least interested I've been in a 22 as we've selected all season.

That forward line is really going to struggle to kick any sort of score against a well oiled Freo back 6.
Ok then don't post after the game and save us all some frustration😀

The side this week is probably the least interested I've been in a 22 as we've selected all season.

That forward line is really going to struggle to kick any sort of score against a well oiled Freo back 6.
Taking the piss with my post above BTW. Reading both Frost and Hartigans names in the same team took a bit of wind out of my sails too. I still have nightmares from the 2010 elim final where we just could not score. I'm scared we will.kick a very low.score Sat.

At least the young guys will get the extra week with the bye. But it will be frustrating if Mitchell goes with the likes of Hartigan, Howe and Shiels over them after the break though.
I suspect not...I think he sees this week as a def loss so.pop the experienced guys in to carry the load this week. Good to see Blanck in the emergencies.

Personally I would have Worpel or Maginness in the side ahead of Howe
We’re giving them some continuity to find their feet at Box Hill. I don’t mind that.

If they both have massive games this week then the post-bye selection will be very competitive and that’s good.

Big Mitch can’t take a trick this year. On the cusp of becoming one of premier key forwards in the comp but can’t sting games together.

Hard to swallow CMac being omitted. Thought he was solid on Sunday.

Hoping Frost plays forward and relief ruck with Hartigan and Sic key backs. Really want to see Kyle get stuck into Fyfe and Lobb. Potential Fyfe on Sicily matchup is mouthwatering.

Our midfield will need to step it up. Howe to tag Brayshaw.
Can only think Cmac is omitted as he did a few non team things and maybe this is the hard lesson if so a good idea he’s a critical part of our future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given I see the forecast is days of rain and continued on Saturday, any chance they pull a port Adelaide and drop reeves for a small and ruck kosi and callow? Sorry if off base I’m in the UK so hard to get the sense of things at times

I would like to see Callow and Kozi get their turn up front without having to do the majority of the ruck work. Hopefully Reeves is fresh for a longer hit out vs Freo, with some pinch hitting from Kozi, Callow and Nash.

Sam on SEN , Lewis really is precautionary probably played if the game here in Melbourne .

Gee this board can be negative. In a rebuild ........ clearly we have put older bigger bodies in to get to the bye .
Reload after it , use the longer break freshen the guys up .
Worth keeping in mind our younger guys have had minimal footy last few years.

Its playing the long game , in the scheme of things noone will remember this game in a few weeks.

Looking forward to reading about our thin midfield issues with Frost and Hartigan in the autopsy discussion 🙂

Sam on SEN , Lewis really is precautionary probably played if the game here in Melbourne .

Gee this board can be negative. In a rebuild ........ clearly we have put older bigger bodies in to get to the bye .

Its playing the long game , in the scheme of things noone will remember this game in a few weeks.

Looking forward to reading about our thin midfield issues with Frost and Hartigan in the autopsy discussion 🙂

Agreed. Negative is the default position.

Longer termed thinking is what it's all about and I don't mind the side Sam has put on the park.

Before game, people moaning about side put on the park. We'll never win..

If we did win... moan... now we get a worse draft pick.

He also said the biggest thing we are missing is a 'big bullocking' clearance winning mid, which I think says a lot about how he rates our current highly paid midfielders.

I just can’t see the logic of not getting games into DGB or Blanck instead of playing Hartigan.

If the coaches belief is that DGB (and Blanck too for that matter) are unable to get through a whole season (mentally as well as physically), then the best benefit to their growth may be a few weeks at a lower level.

Keep in mind DGB was drafted in spite of his physical attributes - lacking height (unfortunate), weight and strength (expected) and also a significant endurance shortfall; it was his ability to read the play and attitude to take the game on that saw such a high ranking.

He's not fit enough to offer anything offensively yet. He's not big or strong enough to hold his own 1-on-1. Recently he also seems to be playing more defensively focused - on stopping his direct opponent (and still failing). The mental freshen up of a lower level where his weaknesses are less exposed could (should) get him back to the reason he was drafted.

The alternative could be two years of declining performances as an undersized KPP and mental anguish, resulting in a broken footballer like Worpel who seems to have almost forgotten how to play.

I'm happy for DGB to be given time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back