Preview Round 13, 2022: Fremantle v Hawthorn, 11 June 2022, 4.10pm AEST @ Optus Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting games into the young players is important but so is selection integrity. Hartigan has a good game, you need to reward that and gives others confidence that if you play well you will get rewarded with continued selection

Last edited:

I'm actually looking forward to watching this defensive unit play this week. They were good last year, without Sis.

Now Scrim is back will be really interesting to see how they go all playing together.

Sis and Scrim should be able to be really aggressive with their intercept marking with Hartigan and Frost taking the bigger fwds.

Will be interesting to see what Freo we get...

Do we get one that doesn't see us as a threat (not saying we are, but we have a good record against the current top 4 teams this year) and has one eye on how they're going to spend their bye week. Leaving themselves vulnerable to an upset result.

Or do we get one that isn't getting ahead of themselves yet. A well oiled premiership capable team who wants to make a statement going into the bye week. Geared up to absolutely tear us to shreds.
I hope we get the latter, a team ready for a ruthless kill, to see who stands up.

Interesting times for our season ahead.

This is a huge match for Kosi and Callow. Can one of these guys step up in Lewis absence and become another long term option for us in the fwd 50.

Shiels,Howe,Morrison, not sure how many weeks they all stay in the same line-up. Long and Mitchell will surley get a crack after the bye with the bigger picture in mind.

I think we have missed a chance with Morris to fill in back with impey out. Let's see if his new role at boxhill is part of apart of our afl future. Bramble is great down back but i feel could be trailed in the guts.

Getting games into the young players is important but so is selection integrity. Hartigan has a good game, you need to reward that and gives others confidence that if you play well you will get rewarded with continued selection
He has been a consistent & silent performer right through his time with us. I can hardly remeber anyone kicking a bag on him. However we have to admit that our back 6 is slowly getting established with the young brigade and now even more with the addition of Blanck (who by the way might be our answer for the gorilla forwards).

Just an aside with nothing to do with Hawthorn, just an example of how bad kicking can impact results. A couple of weeks ago in the Doncaster v North Ringwood 2s game, a North Ringwood player kicked a goal after the siren to win the game 3.1 to 0.18.
0.18....plenty of goal kicking practice at training boys.

Sam on SEN , Lewis really is precautionary probably played if the game here in Melbourne .

Gee this board can be negative. In a rebuild ........ clearly we have put older bigger bodies in to get to the bye .
Reload after it , use the longer break freshen the guys up .
Worth keeping in mind our younger guys have had minimal footy last few years.

Its playing the long game , in the scheme of things noone will remember this game in a few weeks.

Looking forward to reading about our thin midfield issues with Frost and Hartigan in the autopsy discussion 🙂
Duck Dynasty GIF by DefyTV
Freaking Out Oh No GIF by NickRewind

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Designated whipping boys are Hartigan and Morrison for this one right? Just want to be ready for the autopsy thread.
We've also taken a travelling emergency whipping boy over...

I dont think its a sure thing Hartigan retires at years end.

I could see him sticking around for one more lap.

He wasn't bad last year, and, performed well on the weekend.

Plus, i dont thing its a bad thing to make DGB have to earn his place in the 1's with good performances down at BH.
Plus he's only 30, christ people are hard on him on this forum

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I a
I'm actually looking forward to watching this defensive unit play this week. They were good last year, without Sis.

Now Scrim is back will be really interesting to see how they go all playing together.

Sis and Scrim should be able to be really aggressive with their intercept marking with Hartigan and Frost taking the bigger fwds.
[/QUOTE

Down back this team looks pretty good. DGB would be nice, but let’s see him earn it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back