Autopsy Round 13, 2023 : Hawthorn mauls Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

probably heretical but based on this season - did we dodge a bullet by Gunners deciding to move on of his own volition?

He’s looked off all season - probably as a result of his injuries last year
We defs could have used him early season, but i think we've grown past him now, so not a bad result for us.
Hopefully he turns his form around for them soon, but it'd be hard as a priority #4/5 target. Its not like he's a loose ball getter

probably heretical but based on this season - did we dodge a bullet by Gunners deciding to move on of his own volition?

He’s looked off all season - probably as a result of his injuries last year
His back flared up again. Not sure if luck or a symptom of changed management strategy that caused it to go again.

Cmac31 was BOG. Get him in the midfield. He's a star.

Unbelievable win really.
Jars is having a season for the ages.
Sic is potentially the best player in the comp.

Media all over the tackle by the way. They are already frying him. The media vendetta against us is something else.
Here's the opposite angle. Tackles him around the waist and both his arms are free. Brocky being there doesn't help as he collides into his back. The umpires didn't seem to have a problem with it and didn't even call it a free kick so who knows. This is going to be an interesting one from the MRO.

Here's the opposite angle. Tackles him around the waist and both his arms are free. Brocky being there doesn't help as he collides into his back. The umpires didn't seem to have a problem with it and didn't even call it a free kick so who knows. This is going to be an interesting one from the MRO.

Will be farcical if he goes for that

Was at a family function today while some 'ex' Hawthorn-tragics. Managed to avoid the scores and just finished the replay.

WHAT A GAME!

So many players I want to hype up, and am looking forward to reading the thread in great detail.

Connor MacDonald is unreal. We have to get him around the ball more. He plays so similar to one of my current favourite non-Hawks, Errol Gulden. Smart, clean, productive and ******* knows how good he is.

The other big up is to Koschitzke. What a turnaround from earlier this year. Took some massive marks, kicked beautifully and was in a lot of great chains.

* it feels good watching us at the moment. So much to like and such a brilliant style of play.
I had 7 texts (on unread so as not to spoil the score) from non-Hawk supporters saying how good we are to watch and thanks for ruining their tips :tearsofjoy:

You just have to say, especially watching that angle in slow motion...

What an incredible tackle! Sprung after him like a cheetah, took the hips and didn't let go. It'll be a suspension, because the new unofficial rule is that the tackling motion is basically irrelevant. If the players' head hits the ground it's probably a week, and if the player is concussed it'll be two weeks.

Bramble is the only bloke I'd be looking at taking out from this side, especially with both Wardy and Morrison playing good footy in the twos against the ladder leaders.
Was it Bramble or Shammy that called for the handball off of Reeves after he marked it near the end of 3rd which ended up in a quick turnover and goal. Either way that play had me pulling my hair out. Agreed about Bramble who I think can be serviceable but really needs to clean up some of his delivery by hand and foot.

You just have to say, especially watching that angle in slow motion...

What an incredible tackle! Sprung after him like a cheetah, took the hips and didn't let go. It'll be a suspension, because the new unofficial rule is that the tackling motion is basically irrelevant. If the players' head hits the ground it's probably a week, and if the player is concussed it'll be two weeks.
I don't like it but I think you're right but I guess we'll see. Not too sure what else he could do outside just letting him run past and deliver it into their i50 or get a quick handball off to a runner. Brocky being there in the vicinity of the tackle and also making contact could play a part in the ruling too.

No way he goes for that. Both arms are free and it is a single motion.

Moore really stood up today. Workrate and kicked a clutch goal.

He's been a bit underwhelming after an excellent 2022 but he's had a good month now. Was the spark that helped us beat the Saints and his gutrunning all game helped our excellent transition footy.

Got smashed in the clearances 27-47 yet won the centre clearances 14-11

Probably the first time this season that our midfield has been really effective even when not winning the clearances

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should have been a free against McCluggage for taking out the legs of Brockman

Nope landing arm is pinned, they'll have him over a barrel.

Just don't know what Sicily should do about 2 suspensions from his last two games. His tackling and physicality is just awesome and I'd hate to see him back off from that.
Yeah I think he will be suspended. I don’t think he should be but I struggle to see how he gets off based on what we’ve seen this year.

Young kids are leading the charge this year (again).

Competition for spots is fierce at VFL level. Long, Ward, Morrison, DGB starting to knock on the door (some of them very loudly).

Wingard and CJ still could force their way back in if 100% fit.

Sicily will go for that simply because the AFL cares more about optics than reasonable football actions. They love banning players for things that don't "look good".
If he goes for it and we don't challenge I'll be livid.

Btw I think I'm done with Bramble.
Cmac28 needs to start.
Ward sub next week for mine.

Bramble would definitely be in the firing gun.

Still think it's hard to drop anyone after a win like that but he had some very poor moments.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back