Review Round 13, 2023 - Hawthorn vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Hawthorn?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone who is old enough will remember that there were massive questions about us at the MCG before we won the 2001 grand final. Not worried about that.

Big blow to our top 2 hopes. Other teams around the top are dropping games they shouldn’t (apart from port and Collingwood) so it’s not a disaster for top 4.

With all due respect, yes, yes we just lost that game.

I couldn’t believe everyone saying during the week this was a danger game. This was a game of 3rd against 16th. A supposed premiership contender against a wooden spoon contender.

But we were right all along, none of us have any trust in this group and so they proved it once again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top 8 race is genuinely close this year, we would want to turn it around quickly as Adelaide, Freo, GC and Sydney are all knocking on the door.

My concern is the mental impact of losing the last two games that we were favourites in and should have been winning.

Seemed to me, the Lions were not in it from the start. A few bright spots with Hipwoods goals, otherwise a C grade effort today. The young Hawks ran rings around us.
Some extremely slow and hesitant older players in Rich and Gardiner being gifted games at the moment.
Everyone else seemed a half second behind their opponents.
The Hawks (our bogey team) + after the Bye = disappointment.
I expected more. Much more.

Well, we've lost another game at the MCG, with a pretty poor performance generally, but on the other hand I'm actually ahead in the competition I run for once so who's to say whether it's bad or good

Also did I just hear right and Tex Walker's kids are named Huey, Dewey and Louie?

That side won 16 in a row and had a steely resolve, this side doesn’t. We will make up the numbers, might win a final and then pack our bags against one of the real contender. Same ol same ol.
Anyone who is old enough will remember that there were massive questions about us at the MCG before we won the 2001 grand final. Not worried about that.

Big blow to our top 2 hopes. Other teams around the top are dropping games they shouldn’t (apart from port and Collingwood) so it’s not a disaster for top 4.

Back