Game Day Round 13, 2023 - West Coast vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Contested possessions: -40

Opposition goals from stoppage: 14

It has been like this all year.

Simply too many players that can't win their own ball, but also can't defend to save their lives.
You then have captain shuey taking cheap shots on the young players from the opposition team when he should be at least setting an example of winning the ball and playing with dignity.

He lost some respect today !

Just a random fact that may or may not cheer us up after that debacle. In Round 15, 1989, the Eagles suffered our record ever defeat of 142 points to Essendon. 10 of the players from that game played in our 1992 premiership three years later. There was a change of coach involved of course ... Am I saying we will contend for the flag in 2026? I highly doubt it, but I just thought that little factoid might be some nice perspective on our current struggles.

If you have no understanding of why the team's getting belted, then you clearly know nothing of the 22 players out there and the 21 injured.
Agree. Anyone suggesting sacking the coach is listening to the ‘experts’ from the east. Those who demonstrate their ignorance when they open their mouths.
Just tell me the name of the coach who’d be getting wins from this situation? Or even close?
Get real.

Oh and yet we were piss poor cos no one flew the flag last week. Gimme a break.
There is a massive difference in sticking up for a team mate and intentionally corking quads and off the ball kidney punches .

That's not what a captain should be doing .

Looks to me like a player who is past it cracking the shits

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree. Anyone suggesting sacking the coach is listening to the ‘experts’ from the east. Those who demonstrate their ignorance when they open their mouths.
Just tell me the name of the coach who’d be getting wins from this situation? Or even close?
Get real.
Call me a realist or whatever but we have been one of the most successful clubs in Afl history and now we are the shittest.
All other clubs at one time or another have been there and now it's our turn.
Then we will again become the most successful.
It's just the nature of things.

You then have captain shuey taking cheap shots on the young players from the opposition team when he should be at least setting an example of winning the ball and playing with dignity.

He lost some respect today !
Anyone for cricket? Now I want you all to play with dignity. Or you won’t get a cucumber sandwich at tea.

Why this over the top wankfest about 250 games? Out of interest, how many players have done that?

Edit: Around 255 I think.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
It's durrbrain Russell the greatest campaigner of them all

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Get real.

We had our first choice midfield out there and got smacked stupid at the clearances in the first half

No one's coming back to rescue us. We might be slightly more competitive with a few back but we're still the bottom side and worst in the comp by a fair way.

Now who's accountable for us being here? Cos at this stage it doesn't seem like it matters, we're up there with the worst teams ever in the entire history but its noones fault and just bad luck

Dare to say we'd still lose and maybe only had won 2 or 3 games and the melts would be WAY worse

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
At least there’d be a remote bit of interest. It’s a bit soul-destroying with the same old shellackings with an inexperienced side week win week out

At least there’d be a remote bit of interest. It’s a bit soul-destroying with the same old shellackings with an inexperienced side week win week out
100%

We are just like those salmon that have to swim past the bears

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

We had our first choice midfield out there and got smacked stupid at the clearances in the first half

No one's coming back to rescue us. We might be slightly more competitive with a few back but we're still the bottom side and worst in the comp by a fair way.

Now who's accountable for us being here? Cos at this stage it doesn't seem like it matters, we're up there with the worst teams ever in the entire history but its noones fault and just bad luck
You kinda feel like tex wouldnt kick 1000 goals on barrass or mcgov so theres a start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back