Preview Round 13: Blues vs the Bye. Mid-season review.

Remove this Banner Ad

1623049740832.png

jj1978

Brownlow Medallist
May 11, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Out: Murphy, Mckay (concussion), Newman(concussion), Cripps (rested), Pitonett
In: LOB, Plowman, Casboult, Honey, Kemp

With the turmoil proceeding the shellacking against the Eagles WAFL side this is make or break for Teague's men. Another listless performance, leaking of goals does not bode well for the future direction for the team. I anticipate the group will take the Bye head on... some will likely stay in NSW and take on a few bars, nightclubs, whilst others will resort to coming back into lockdown and hiding from all the media scrutiny.

If all goes to plan, the team might actually discover how Teague wants us to play, and use this as preparation for their GWS encounter.

Sadly, I think factions will grow within the playing group, coaches, board, support and the faceless people behind the scenes.

Carlton to lose by a lot!

Last edited:

May 10, 2007
Under the table
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
The Bye will knock us off by about 4 goals.

Yep, we'll have our moments, but fail to capitalise when on-top due to poor finishing and a disconnect between mid/forward. The bye will keep the scoreboard ticking over thanks to our generosity and lack of defensive pressure, and when the bye gets on top they'll pull away.

Why would it be different to any other week?

AB_Blue

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 26, 2011
"South of the border"
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
The Bye will knock us off by about 4 goals.

Wow that gag 5 posts in! I would have thought it would have been at least post #3

Enjoy the break forum readers, I am exhausted following his club. I feel for my 3 kids under 10 who are in for another decade of underperformance.

I got to see us in the 90’s and I was there for the 2013 elimination final, so I can say I’ve seen us win a final. (Actually I was there for 95 prelim as a 12 yr old as well)

The sentiment that “the fish rots at head” is something worth exploring…by an independent reviewer (Dunstall, Roos, etc)

Anyway very down about our club and hopefully a circuit breaker arrives soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Healer

Club Legend
Apr 16, 2018
Timboon
AFL Club
Carlton
Wow that gag 5 posts in! I would have thought it would have been at least post #3

Enjoy the break forum readers, I am exhausted following his club. I feel for my 3 kids under 10 who are in for another decade of underperformance.

I got to see us in the 90’s and I was there for the 2013 elimination final, so I can say I’ve seen us win a final. (Actually I was there for 95 prelim as a 12 yr old as well)

The sentiment that “the fish rots at head” is something worth exploring…by an independent reviewer (Dunstall, Roos, etc)

Anyway very down about our club and hopefully a circuit breaker arrives soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not always.
"The fish rots at the head", however, "the sheep rots at the crutch"
Since we are neither fish, nor sheep, what rot are we talking ?

We should be in touch with the Bye till late in the 3rd quarter, showing patches of good play for little reward over that time, before some terrible turn overs and poor defensive intent lets the Bye finally kick away to a 4 goal victory late in the game.

It's groundhog day this year, and I'm basically done.

If the bye had a hack small forward, it would kick 4-5 goals against us...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back