Preview Round 13: Blues vs the Bye. Mid-season review.

Apr 22, 2008
Mamba Style !!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakers
Just been reading the Bye Board’s selection thread.... some of their ITK posters seem to think they will get their Captain (Bye Bye) back from injury......

They will also debut their 1st round highly touted father/son recruit SOB (Son of Bye)....which will just about have them at full strength.

This won’t be easy, they seem pretty confident of knocking us off, we will need to be at our best....

BIuebagger

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
So this thread is ahead in posts in comparison to the Giants board preview thread for this week and probably past the Suns thread soon enough as well. Pretty funny.

As JK said Bye-Bye is back but their mid Bi-Bye (mums maiden name was kept, poor kid) was struck with injury today. Always struggle to distinguish myself which player is bye-bye and bi-bye when listening to radio coverage but will get there one day. The Bye by 3 pts in a nail biter for mine, we need a win here

Apr 22, 2008
Mamba Style !!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakers
So this thread is ahead in posts in comparison to the Giants board preview thread for this week and probably past the Suns thread soon enough as well. Pretty funny.

As JK said Bye-Bye is back but their mid Bi-Bye (mums maiden name was kept, poor kid) was struck with injury today. Always struggle to distinguish myself which player is bye-bye and bi-bye when listening to radio coverage but will get there one day. The Bye by 3 pts in a nail biter for mine, we need a win here
Is Bi-Bye the son of their triple premiership player Lay-Bye ??
Was a great ruckman back in the 70’s.....

rp84

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 25, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Philadelphia 76ers
istockphoto-1144710909-612x612.jpg

Nov 14, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Out: Murphy, Mckay (concussion), Newman(concussion), Cripps (rested), Pitonett
In: LOB, Plowman, Casboult, Honey, Kemp

With the turmoil proceeding the shellacking against the Eagles WAFL side this is make or break for Teague's men. Another listless performance, leaking of goals does not bode well for the future direction for the team. I anticipate the group will take the Bye head on... some will likely stay in NSW and take on a few bars, nightclubs, whilst others will resort to coming back into lockdown and hiding from all the media scrutiny.

If all goes to plan, the team might actually discover how Teague wants us to play, and use this as preparation for their GWS encounter.

Sadly, I think factions will grow within the playing group, coaches, board, support and the faceless people behind the scenes.

Carlton to lose by a lot!
Everyone is now in protect thy self mode. One wonders what Harry and Walsh must be making of all this.

One thing that did come out of the W/Coast debacle was to highlight how strong DeKoning & Pittonet were in the square taking marks. I would love to see DEK playing C/H/F moving around up the ground. He is an exceptional athlete, mobile, great hands and he would bring a lot of players into the game. Not sure playing him in the Ruck is utilizing him. Pittonet can do the bullocking work. People need to remember ruckmen take longer to get their game right. Pittonet has to be taught to run back into defense and get forward when he can as he can create havoc with his size and marking. He needs to develop a huge engine, like Gawn did. There is only one way to do it....Hard work. He has to sacrifice some of his off-season and get a personal coach to help him.

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
Honestly us fans needs this bye more than everyone
So this.
Last game was second game in my life I said, I'm not watching beyond half time and torture myself because I can see how ******* stupid our defense was that I was not going to subject myself to any more torture seeing what this dumb coaching group had lead our team to doing in backline.
First 3 goals of game showed absolutely nothing different from coaching staff had been learned from week before.
Hoping the bye at least sees another coach go to put my mind at ease a bit more that I will not see the exact same insanity again go on next game.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
So this.
Last game was second game in my life I said, I'm not watching beyond half time and torture myself because I can see how ******* stupid our defense was that I was not going to subject myself to any more torture seeing what this dumb coaching group had lead our team to doing in backline.
First 3 goals of game showed absolutely nothing different from coaching staff had been learned from week before.
Hoping the bye at least sees another coach go to put my mind at ease a bit more that I will not see the exact same insanity again go on next game.
Owies, Pittonet, Dekonning all missed straight forward goals. Kick them the game takes a different complextion. It was the same against the Dogs. Missed a lot of easy shots and eventually came back to bite us on the backside.

Weiterbot23

Cancelled
Carlton Blues - Matthew Kreuzer Sponsor 2016 Carlton Blues - Matthew Kreuzer 2009 Player Sponsor
Oct 7, 2008
Yarraville
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
OKC
Best thing about this season has been the 3.20 Sunday games

You get back to work and Carlton are s**t sadness all at once

RAPPA

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 20, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
We’ve started well against the bye. Strong form shown in the first quarter with the initiation of the review and Barker leaving. If we continue this form we’ll have a big victory. If things continue as they have usually proceeded this year, then the bye will overrun us which will either come in the form of $hit injuries occurring over the next week or so, or some other adverse news.

CordonFnBleu

Fowl connoisseur
Jun 8, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds
It's Bye week every week for the team that plays us. After the 3/4 time break the opposition says bye bye......

game over.

Jun 4, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Watching the Swans Hawks game, and pondering why our blokes can't apply manic pressure on the opposition all game, the Swans beaten by a far inferior list ..all due to game plan, structure and mindset. where can we get some of that ?
Clarkson is a gun coach, they're all playing for him. That team will be back sooner rather than later. Imo the swans are just a young team too and they're inconsistent due to that and had a down game.

Back