Preview Round 13: Blues vs the Bye. Mid-season review.

Remove this Banner Ad

Your first conspiracy theory is probably very wrong. If teague is kept it's not for 1 year then to get Clarkson. It's because they think he's the coach to go forward with.

Other clubs looking for coaches should and could probably be Gws and st Kilda, maybe another if there are second half of the year implosions.

Im not familiar with board level reviews as I'm a sportsman turned academic with not much experience in the private sector yet but from what I can tell Sayers isn't going to colour the review. He brought it on and I bet he wants it to be as truthful and real as possible so as to help him move Carlton forward and start his legacy at the club.

Liddle I don't even know if he's officially part of the review. I doubt it as anything other than a word in the media
Liddle is part of the review. Sayers has worked out who he is targeting. All the rest is for show. GWS re-signed their coach last year, so he is not going anywhere. They have done a bloody good job considering the injuries they have sustained. The Saints will keep Ratten based on 2020, but like Carlton, a lot of assistants may be looking for new jobs. There is going to be a huge demand for assistants next year. Just wondering whether there will be enough people to fill the roles. Teague is perfect for 1 year. Don't have to go thru the charade of interviewing. Just wait for Clarkson.

Liddle is part of the review. Sayers has worked out who he is targeting. All the rest is for show. GWS re-signed their coach last year, so he is not going anywhere. They have done a bloody good job considering the injuries they have sustained. The Saints will keep Ratten based on 2020, but like Carlton, a lot of assistants may be looking for new jobs. There is going to be a huge demand for assistants next year. Just wondering whether there will be enough people to fill the roles. Teague is perfect for 1 year. Don't have to go thru the charade of interviewing. Just wait for Clarkson.
Liddle is not part of the review

We need to wipe the slate clean and start our own mini-season once we come back from the bye.

Don't think about finals or missing out - we have a nil all scorecard and we are coming up against a lot of teams we would expect to beat.

Judge based on our second half of the season. If we can't come good after the break against mostly weaker opposition then I would not be surprised at all to see Teague gone.
I know you're not say this, but I wouldn't be judging players or the people in the departments on the second half of the year alone any more than I would on the first half alone. A 'I'm fighting for my job' bounce does not change poor performance in the first half of the year.

The ability to demonstrate improvement is worthwhile, but you cannot only improve to protect yourself.

I know you're not say this, but I wouldn't be judging players or the people in the departments on the second half of the year alone any more than I would on the first half alone. A 'I'm fighting for my job' bounce does not change poor performance in the first half of the year.

The ability to demonstrate improvement is worthwhile, but you cannot only improve to protect yourself.

Not the point I was trying to make.

We have had a tough draw first half. Second half we should be winning quite a few more games.

Poor first half of season + poor second half, then Teague will be in big trouble.

Losing to Collingwood Sydney and WC changed an expected 7:5 to a 4:8

these are the next 10 games:

GWS | ADE | FREO | GEE| COL | Norfs | Saints | GC | Port | GWS

In a perfect world, we win the next 3 games and the season isn't quite finished - stranger things have happenned.

They have done a bloody good job considering the injuries they have sustained.
Not really the thread for it, but no, they haven't. They've had many more concessions and early picks than us and just drew with North. Theyve perennially underperformed. They reached the prelim and haven't bounced back there yet.

The injury 'crisis' at Gws has been around for too long to be an excuse. Have had info about their programs and what other clubs think of the way they do fitness and loading...

In all Leon's years he's never had them play a committed team first style. Not even their finals push and I love that he re signed. They're going nowhere without a carlton styled review of the footy department.
Liddle is part of the review. Sayers has worked out who he is targeting. All the rest is for show.
Eh feels a bit like guess work to me.

Oh and reading down barras has indeed confirmed it was guesswork. So like I originally said then

Remove this Banner Ad

Back