Preview Round 13 Changes : Hawks v Power

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Scully inclusion makes sense in theory, but in practice it leaves me scratching my head.

"He's needed for his running ability" - What's the point of running around if you're not having any impact with the ball and your opponent knows this and pays you no respect?

"He's needed to counter Port's hard running..." - We need a bloke who is unable to lay a tackle and doesn't get out of second gear when running defensively?

He's old, broken and not part of the future. His running ability doesn't hurt anyone no matter how you want to write it.

#protecttheyoungsters
#persistwithexperiencebecausetheyknowthecrapgameplan

Common sense changes tbh .

We still need to have a decent look at some players to see if they stay on the list.
Playing a strong team away isnt the time to go crazy and pick kids everywhere just for the sake of it .

Thats the type of thing Carlton and Melbourne would do, hasnt done them any good .

More KIDS!!!

Not because GOOD! Because KID!

Who cares if training well???? MUST BE KID!

WHERE IS KID CLARKO???????

YOU PICK PLAYER who is 21? 21 is NOT KID!!!! Kid is 18 or 19

You hear me?????

18 is kid...find someone 18! NOW!

fu** you clarkson stubborn campaigner! I want see KID!!!

We need to lose for a top 3 pick don’t mind hanrahan and scully being in as this helps the case :)

Geez Bumps you got four out of five outs correct so does that say the Mitchell will be playing with a bung shoulder after last week.

Reckon you might be right.
Some good Intel you got last Monday and shared.

# backslappingisgood
I hope your not right about Mitchell's shoulder otherwise it could be a management issue for the rest of his career.

More KIDS!!!

Not because GOOD! Because KID!

Who cares if training well???? MUST BE KID!

WHERE IS KID CLARKO???????

YOU PICK PLAYER who is 21? 21 is NOT KID!!!! Kid is 18 or 19

You hear me?????

18 is kid...find someone 18! NOW!

fu** you clarkson stubborn campaigner! I want see KID!!!
You word too much Eldo me not like

I know there is a lot of negativity. But here is my take. I am so happy that cuz got a go this year. He trains and plays his guts out every week. Maybe everyone else can follow his example.

Howe has had a wretched run with injury at least he gets a chance to fight for his place on the list.

Hoping hanrahan is this years lewis. Hopefully he comes back a better player after he was dropped.

Patton obviously needs games. The more he plays the better he will get imo

We might get a good look at our essendon recruit he comes in more out of necessity.

Scully still has something to offer and we need the run with smith and hendo missing and all that experience out of the side.

Those complaining about the other players that were left out they will come in over the coming weeks. Its going to happen we will see most if not all of our list before the season is over

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hartley had to come in with both Chip and Sic out

He's been our emergency of choice for the back half all year and is a good user.

Patton had to come in, we needed someone to be a target at the top of the Square

Cousins the next cab off the rank as an inside mid, Jones got injured at the wrong time and it was always going to be one of those two.

Scully literally the only fit outside runner with Hendo going for surgery and Smith still dealing with his shoulder.

Howe that bigger body with a bit of mongrel we've been crying out for, hopefully he gets to do some bulldozing in the middle.

Ollie has the most tricks out of our small options and needs to show if he's worth keeping on the list for another year.

Others will get their chance but Finn and Morris aren't going anywhere

Disappointing ins. Losing more faith in Clarkson each week. Maginness is not going to learn in a 45 minute 12 a side training run. Really, really pissed off.
he's 18 and will be at the club for the next 15 years. he'll get his turn

Cousins has been outperforming him at the scratch matches, deserves a game

Where did I excuse his lack of effort? He deserved to be dropped and he was. My comment was based on the fact he's being talked up as delist material. His efforts this year were poor. His efforts last year were not. A player does not shift from hardworking to lazy in the space of one offseason.

How do you go about things when you're low on confidence? It's not always easy to have keep having a crack. It's easy to drop your head. It's even harder to do these things when real life circumstances are impacting you in a way that differs from person to person. I'm not saying he should be in the side, I'm saying I'm hopeful he'll improve with a fit body and some normalcy.
Some of his efforts last year were poor as well. Drops his head and sooks a bit too often. V Lions at Tassie for example.
And he has no ability to chase.

The Scully inclusion makes sense in theory, but in practice it leaves me scratching my head.

"He's needed for his running ability" - What's the point of running around if you're not having any impact with the ball and your opponent knows this and pays you no respect?

"He's needed to counter Port's hard running..." - We need a bloke who is unable to lay a tackle and doesn't get out of second gear when running defensively?

He's old, broken and not part of the future. His running ability doesn't hurt anyone no matter how you want to write it.

#protecttheyoungsters
#persistwithexperiencebecausetheyknowthecrapgameplan
Who else?

Hartley had to come in with both Chip and Sic out

He's been our emergency of choice for the back half all year and is a good user.

Patton had to come in, we needed someone to be a target at the top of the Square

Cousins the next cab off the rank as an inside mid, Jones got injured at the wrong time and it was always going to be one of those two.

Scully literally the only fit outside runner with Hendo going for surgery and Smith still dealing with his shoulder.

Howe that bigger body with a bit of mongrel we've been crying out for, hopefully he gets to do some bulldozing in the middle.

Ollie has the most tricks out of our small options and needs to show if he's worth keeping on the list for another year.

Others will get their chance but Finn and Morris aren't going anywhere
Sounds sensible get out

Aside from Howe the rest of the in's are logical. Not sure what all the angst is about really.
Amen.

I really don’t know what some people expect after we can’t select Smith,Gunston,Frawley,JOM and Sicily the “Play the kids” brigade want us to throw them to the wolves.

Just like some of them were banging on saying in the last few weeks “Get Nash in he can run and tackle” while ignoring the fact the kid can’t mark or kick the footy.

Some people just can’t seem to grasp that there are usually good behind the scenes reasons why some kids are deemed not ready by the selection committee and coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back