Prediction Round 13: Changes Vs Hawthorn + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a hypothetical, but if Freddy hadn't been suspended, who else do you think would have been dropped?

Just coz it was you guys that rubbed him out. Priddis won it that year, Fyfe was 2nd and ineligible, but if he didn’t miss those games ??????
Illegible, missed 3 games through suspension and was only a vote behind Prides.
I reckon he got rubbed out deliberately that game as the bullshit suspension from the high bump would’ve made an absolute mockery of the tribunal.
I can’t remember but he bumped a Brissie player side on and his shoulder inadvertently collected the other players head. Reprimand at worst…

Really surprised by the lack of Tracy melts.
I reckon he got rubbed out deliberately that game as the bullshit suspension from the high bump would’ve made an absolute mockery of the tribunal.
I can’t remember but he bumped a Brissie player side on and his shoulder inadvertently collected the other players head. Reprimand at worst…

Even by today's standards it was neither a free kick (which it wasn't then) nor a report. An absolute joke of a decision based purely on the vibe of the times.

Really surprised by the lack of Tracy melts.

Even by today's standards it was neither a free kick (which it wasn't then) nor a report. An absolute joke of a decisionbased purely on the vibe of the times.

I guess cos the game is wet and we've got three talls in Fyfe, Lobb and Darcy. Logue able to switch too.

Treacy would've had to come in for Banfield who has earned another crack at it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ex-Brisbane player it was. It was on Rischitelli when he was playing for Gold Coast.

If I recall correctly the AFL commission met after the pathetic suspension and ineligibility for the medal and changed the rules. But…………. The change was to be effective from the next year and unfortunately Nathan Fyfe was robbed. The later suspension in the Hawthorn game was one of the most contrived infringements I have ever seen.
The AFL undoubtedly knew he was the highest vote poller; considering that to complete the corrupt result Priddis was given votes in the final game where he wouldn’t have been in the top ten on the ground.

Last edited:
If I recall correctly the AFL commission met after the pathetic suspension and ineligibility for the medal and changed the rules. But…………. The change was to be effective from the next year and unfortunately Nathan Fyfe was robbed. The later suspension in the Hawthorn game was one of the most contrived infringements I have ever seen.
The AFL undoubtedly knew he was the highest vote poller.
He's dealt with a lot of adversity from the time he was a kid playing. He's kept his head. He is something special.

Mitchell Lewis out for Hawks helps a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When the rain came last week we fought back into the game so that's not accurate. Dry weather you guys win comfortably. It will be a slog but you should still win.
Nice try Hawkster. We`re not taking you lightly, Any team that can beat Geelong and Brizvegas will be met with full force. Bring it on.

Wow, this is a seriously flexible and balanced team. Agree it is the best team on paper for the year (apologies Freddie Chappie and Tabs). Forward line marking power: Lobster, Fyfe and the uncanny Xman Banfield. Still have the fleet of speedsters.
If it starts to piss down and we need a monster body in the centre square send out the Bat signal and bring in Fyfe.
Logue can be called up to replace him in the forward line and Ethan slides in seemlessly in to the backline off the bench.
Clark is getting forced further up the ground where his pace and good kicking will hurt the opposition.
Aish into the centre I like too in case a pesky Hawks starts collecting the footy and needs a serious clamp.
Like it, like it a lot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back