Prediction Round 13: Changes Vs Hawthorn + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

He was terrible in our a wet weather game he played at home earlier in the season, lost his footing more than any other player. Was driving me mad! Reminiscent of Stephen Hill in his last season. Feel the end of Walters dominance is coming soon…
Walters not being able to keep his feet is simply a fact at this point. Getting offended by that fact is such a strange position to take.

Given the Hawks out, having him in the team probably isn’t a big deal. If this was a top 4 clash however, it would be an awful selection. We need to move on from the era of gifting games to players due to what they were, not what they are now. That’s not “disrespectful”, that’s just what good teams do.

Walters not being able to keep his feet is simply a fact at this point. Getting offended by that fact is such a strange position to take.

Given the Hawks out, having him in the team probably isn’t a big deal. If this was a top 4 clash however, it would be an awful selection. We need to move on from the era of gifting games to players due to what they were, not what they are now. That’s not “disrespectful”, that’s just what good teams do.
What you mean like playing the undefeated Dee, s and playing well wtf are you on about.

What you mean like playing the undefeated Dee, s and playing well wtf are you on about.
It’s a wet weather game (or at least that was the forecast around selection time) and he can’t keep his feet in wet weather. He would have been an absolute liability if the Dees game was in the rain.

Prove me wrong if you like. Go back to the last wet weather game he played in and see how often he lost his feet.

He should be played when he can provide value, not just because of his name. Not a strange position to take I wouldn’t have thought.

It’s a wet weather game (or at least that was the forecast around selection time) and he can’t keep his feet in wet weather. He would have been an absolute liability if the Dees game was in the rain.

Prove me wrong if you like. Go back to the last wet weather game he played in and see how often he lost his feet.

He should be played when he can provide value, not just because of his name. Not a strange position to take I wouldn’t have thought.
I think I’ll defer to the MC which a fair few have bagged out only to be proven wrong lately, and also we lost those two games in the wet because we over possessed the footy not because Sonny may have fallen over.

Have you watched Walters the last 3 games. He’s not being gifted a game now. Hard at it. Stopped playing for free kicks and brings the passion. He knows the system and is a part of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't get this.

Walters has been in solid form lately, particularly in the Dees game his defensive pressure, positioning, mobility around the ground plus a couple of speccy goals puts him right in contention.

The absolute pain unloaded on him on this thread is borderline weird.

Speaks very well does young trav

It's actually crazy how insightful and well-spoken our boys are these days. Are they just smarter generally or are they allowed free-range cognition?

I remember in 2013 we were doing so well but it was actually a bore hearing the majority of our players giving textbook answers and praise-be-to-Rossisms.

Brayshaw, Fyfe, Darcy, Aish, Colyer, Pearce and many others all talk so well and with real directive.

Great to see.

It's actually crazy how insightful and well-spoken our boys are these days. Are they just smarter generally or are they allowed free-range cognition?

I remember in 2013 we were doing so well but it was actually a bore hearing the majority of our players giving textbook answers and praise-be-to-Rossisms.

Brayshaw, Fyfe, Darcy, Aish, Colyer, Pearce and many others all talk so well and with real directive.

Great to see.
Nothing wrong with a bit of rossism 👑

I don't get this.

Walters has been in solid form lately, particularly in the Dees game his defensive pressure, positioning, mobility around the ground plus a couple of speccy goals puts him right in contention.

The absolute pain unloaded on him on this thread is borderline weird.

Yes its borderline pathetic

Sounds like your underestimating the hawks

I never do this but it’s gotta be Freo 60+, good selections and good form, vs crap team missing their forwards, fired up to win in wet weather but it won’t even be that wet.

Also Hawthorn have flown Tassie to Darwin to Melbourne to Perth the last few weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back