Prediction Round 13: Changes Vs Port Adelaide + Pre-match Discussion

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
If we are being serious, Ballantyne is also currently a better player than Switta too.
Now? No. Maybe a few years ago yes. But Switta’s pressure on the ball is miles ahead of Ballas today .

We had no Tabs, no forwards in form and Collingwood had Moore, Maynard, Howe in great form holding their back line. It was a huge task to get over them. At the MCG, no matter who’s out.
One part time ruckman against arguably the best ruck in the game. Supposed best midfield in the game- Pendlebury, Treloar, Beam, Crisp, Sidebottom, de Gooey can play in there too. It was an impressive win regardless.

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
In his hay-day yes. Now no!
Now? No. Maybe a few years ago yes. But Switta’s pressure on the ball is miles ahead of Ballas today .

We had no Tabs, no forwards in form and Collingwood had Moore, Maynard, Howe in great form holding their back line. It was a huge task to get over them. At the MCG, no matter who’s out.
One part time ruckman against arguably the best ruck in the game. Supposed best midfield in the game- Pendlebury, Treloar, Beam, Crisp, Sidebottom, de Gooey can play in there too. It was an impressive win regardless.
I'm picking Ballas everyday. Switta has never played as well as Ballas did against he Pies in round 23 last year.

StingBitten

The Midland Steal
May 31, 2012
Bayswater
AFL Club
Fremantle
My brother in law was a teacher at Guildford Grammar when Logue was a student, he also helped with weekend coaching duties - said that Logue was an absolute freak of nature and couldnt be coached within normal structural positioning, ie. His substantive was full-back, he'd keep his main man goalless but then somehow sneak in 3-4 goals in the last 5 mins of the match, get in the guts and lay 6 Tackles in a single passage of play or even take a run down the wing and make a pinpoint pass to a small forward.

For these reasons he was drafted.

My view, is that he will go well with time.

Square Peg

Cancelled
Fremantle Poster of the Year Fremantle Board Tipping Champion
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
keep his main man goalless but then somehow sneak in 3-4 goals in the last 5 mins of the match, get in the guts and lay 6 Tackles in a single passage of play or even take a run down the wing and make a pinpoint pass to a small forward.

feels like I'm reading a description of myself from a few years back

332docker

Club Legend
Apr 23, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Western Force
Out: confirmed A.Pearce (inj), Lobb (inj), ?, ?

In: Logue, Jones (if Darcy is still not fit), Balla, Bennell (like to see them both in ASAP if they are 100% and AFL match fit)

One_Wing

Premiership Player
Jan 10, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
With Darcy coming off an injury can he be expected to carry the ruckload with minimal help? Or will we need to bring in a legit second ruck in Jones.

Cox may be saved from being dropped by literally being a warm body that can be put in the ruck contest

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Second half of the year is going to be depressing. How we expected to kick goals with Tabs and Lobb out, defend with Pearce out.
Darcy has to come in. Jones. God our ruck stocks is disgustingly bad.

Cobbler

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Darcy needs to get some games into him. Jones is so bad, but as 4th in line may get a chance and at least has played AFL.

Cox can continue to develop. We’re a serious shot at finals. That should still be the goal from here.

Out: Pearce, Lobb
In: Logue, Darcy

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
I’d seriously start considering adding Dixon as a foil in the forward line. Hit up option. Develop him. Jones can’t mark or run. Dixon gets to the right spots. Talls stocks looking very thin right now.

McCarthy can’t come in and make a difference. His size negates his need to come in.

Be handy to have Kersten even more so now.

In: Logue, Darcy, Bennell
Out: Pearce, Lobb, Duman

So no more earning your way in. All the debate on who’s better with the forward line. Now we have Cox, Dixon and McCarthy to call upon.

StingBitten

The Midland Steal
May 31, 2012
Bayswater
AFL Club
Fremantle
Jones in improves our hitouts, but reduces forward presence and ground mobility (Jones is an elephant).

Can Darcy play more of a role in these areas? Possibly but it won't happen immediately.

He is our only real option though, Jones only comes in as a stop-gap.

ilikepotatoes

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2011
Australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Pistons, Glory
I'm incredibly dissapointed that all of AP, Tabs and Lobb are injured. However they are all quality, known players who we know will contribute when in the side. I actually feel like this may benefit us in the long run by getting games into Cox, Logue and Darcy that otherwise they wouldn't have had.

Back