Prediction Round 13: Changes Vs Port Adelaide + Pre-match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Sandilands is an amazing contested mark, admittedly its not as hard for him because he is so much bigger then most people. But given he spends most of his time in the middle of the ground when he plays an entire season you usually see him in the top 10 of most contested marks the league. Which is much better then most ruckman. The idea that he is not a good mark is mostly from West Coast fans and sadly Freo fans have began to believe it.View attachment 689873
If a player is involved in 24 contested marking situations per game and takes 4 of them on average, whereas another player is involved in 6 but takes 3 on average, who is the better mark? The first player would have the higher total contested marks and contested marks per game. He is not an exceptionally good mark, we put it on his head an exceptional amount.

If a player is involved in 24 contested marking situations per game and takes 4 of them on average, whereas another player is involved in 6 but takes 3 on average, who is the better mark? The first player would have the higher total contested marks and contested marks per game. He is not an exceptionally good mark, we put it on his head an exceptional amount.

You are dealing with a statistical hypothetical kinda hard to respond too.

Sandi takes as much or more contested marks then key forwards. A key forward would get more supply on average then Sandi who spends most of his time at ruck contests.

You are dealing with a statistical hypothetical kinda hard to respond too.

Sandi takes as much or more contested marks then key forwards. A key forward would get more supply on average then Sandi who spends most of his time at ruck contests.
Just about every single kick out we do goes to him.

Jones(Darcy not ready) and Harley in.

Pearce and Lobb out.

Cox to backline and give the ruck a hand.

Smaller fwd line with Bennell out of the goal square.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like the smaller forward line thinking but not the Scott Jones thinking.

Darcy trained fully and very well on Sat. He is in. All Freo material points to Darcy and Logue in - incl. a press conference with Conca this afternoon.

I have a feeling they will run with one of either SHill or Bennell. I certainly hope that they do.

Bewley a likely out for either of Bennell or SHill. Cox gets a reprieve because we need him to help in the ruck.

I like the smaller forward line thinking but not the Scott Jones thinking.

Darcy trained fully and very well on Sat. He is in. All Freo material points to Darcy and Logue in - incl. a press conference with Conca this afternoon.

I have a feeling they will run with one of either SHill or Bennell. I certainly hope that they do.

Bewley a likely out for either of Bennell or SHill. Cox gets a reprieve because we need him to help in the ruck.
It really doesn’t matter either way. I’m comfortable with Bewley playing another game. Bennell and Hill to go rip for Peel. If Bennell comes in then that’s good. Got bigger fish to fry atm.

I cant picture SHill playing for peel ever
But he has been injured long term. Rather he follows the cautious approach, not the ole oh he's 80% ready, he can play. Then he gets injured, after playing underwhelmingly. Give him a game or two for Peel, build him up. Blakely got that, so did Bennell. Don't see why not for Hill.

But he has been injured long term. Rather he follows the cautious approach, not the ole oh he's 80% ready, he can play. Then he gets injured, after playing underwhelmingly. Give him a game or two for Peel, build him up. Blakely got that, so did Bennell. Don't see why not for Hill.
It would be weird seeing SHill run around for Peel.

yeah, nah, Ross likes to go 'next one in'. It'll be Pearce and Lobb for Logue and Darcy.

The only other option I can see, realistically, is sending Cox back (for Pearce) and bringing McCarthy back in.

Either way, Darcy's getting a game.

Um so, if you lean towards the side of optimism regarding our post injury chances please don't re-watch the Collingwood game - Lobb and Pearce were so bloody influential.

They can't be replaced.
Yeah we know. Shall we name 20 players this weekend then?

Lyonism “you don’t run group 1’s in the country”

Hill to play off HB, Sorry Duman you’re making way. Bennell in for Bewley.

Darcy, Hill, Bennell and Logue in’s for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back