Prediction Round 13: Changes Vs Port Adelaide + Pre-match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Hill and Bennell will get opportunities, and in the meantime they can get precious game time in at Peel so they come in cherry ripe when needed.
Agree with everything and especially this. Unless we go on some 13 game winning streak, there is going to be plenty of opportunity for both of them to come in. Even if that happened, somebody is bound to get injured.

Hill definitely needs a run after his layoff and Harley would no doubt have conditioning markers that I doubt 2 WAFL games would get him too.

Agree with everything and especially this. Unless we go on some 13 game winning streak, there is going to be plenty of opportunity for both of them to come in. Even if that happened, somebody is bound to get injured.

Hill definitely needs a run after his layoff and Harley would no doubt have conditioning markers that I doubt 2 WAFL games would get him too.

If we don’t play Harley this week, I fear he never will.

I'd be happy if the only changes we make are the required ones. We will already have to bring in Logue, who is underdone and either Darcy who is also underdone or Jones who is very marginal at the best of times. To drop anyone else out of a winning side to bring in an underdone Hill or Bennell would be a bad move in my view.

I just rewatched the last half of the Collingwood game and I think we can still be very competitive even without Alex and Rory. It's about the whole team playing well together, which is what they did last week. Let's keep as many of that team together this week as we can.

Hill and Bennell will get opportunities, and in the meantime they can get precious game time in at Peel so they come in cherry ripe when needed.

this, this and this

I'd be pretty confused if Hill gets a game and Bennell doesn't. Last year we brought Hill back early over and over again and just continued to backfire. Would much rather we take a cautious approach with him and give him a few WAFL games with managed minutes.

I'm not sure Bennell is ready either but at least we've seen him run around.

I'd be pretty confused if Hill gets a game and Bennell doesn't. Last year we brought Hill back early over and over again and just continued to backfire. Would much rather we take a cautious approach with him and give him a few WAFL games with managed minutes.

I'm not sure Bennell is ready either but at least we've seen him run around.

Agree. Every time we've brought Hill back from injury in the past he's been under cooked and looked a shell of himself. If anyone should get the conservative approach Blakeley did, he should.

Bit worried about this one . Lobb and Pearce both going down worries me because they were both in good form .Lobb has surprised me this year first to admit i was not that excited when i heard he was coming. But i will admit i was wrong about him and he is by far the best of the recruits to this point and will be sorely missed.

Bit worried about this one . Lobb and Pearce both going down worries me because they were both in good form .Lobb has surprised me this year first to admit i was not that excited when i heard he was coming. But i will admit i was wrong about him and he is by far the best of the recruits to this point and will be sorely missed.
He was slow to get going but has been very good around the ground recently. Those down the line marks we will definitely miss as Sean is not remotely in his league as a mark.

He was slow to get going but has been very good around the ground recently. Those down the line marks we will definitely miss as Sean is not remotely in his league as a mark.

Agree that big Darcy is not a high ball “clunker” like Lobb, but he’s a very good mark. I’ve watched him a few times at training in the past and he has outmarked Sandi in one on ones. Granted Sandi is a very average mark for a bloke his size, but Darcy can definitely snatch them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree that big Darcy is not a high ball “clunker” like Lobb, but he’s a very good mark. I’ve watched him a few times at training in the past and he has outmarked Sandi in one on ones. Granted Sandi is a very average mark for a bloke his size, but Darcy can definitely snatch them.

Darcy is also a good footballer, his follow up around the Taps is great. Too many rucks managed to shark their own taps and get away from Lobb at centre bounces. Darcy will tackle them if they try that. People seem to have forgotten how good he can be.

Darcy is also a good footballer, his follow up around the Taps is great. Too many rucks managed to shark their own taps and get away from Lobb at centre bounces. Darcy will tackle them if they try that. People seem to have forgotten how good he can be.
He’s a natural. When he gets going, he’s great to watch. Desperately need that fitness to match

Darcy is not bad it is just that Lobb is one of the best in the league.

True but he gets injured a bit

Interesting that Nyhuis immediately gets surpassed by Logue as the next defender in. I would have thought Nyhuis would have some decent runs on the board by now.
Purely based on size I would think Dockernut - Griffin is 193cm and 95kg, Ryan is 188cm and 88kg. We would be very small down back if 200cm Pearce was replaced with 188cm Nyhuis.

I don't think Nyhuis has done anything wrong, I think he is competing with Duman for a spot and Duman has probably been a little more damaging.

Interesting that Nyhuis immediately gets surpassed by Logue as the next defender in. I would have thought Nyhuis would have some decent runs on the board by now.

When replacing AP you go Logue, because of his size and strength.

Nyhuis is first to replace Duman, Ryan or Wilson.

Although it’s possible S Hill in for Duman this week.

I hope Nyhuis gets a contract next year. He’s shown enough.

So looks like:
In: Darcy, Logue, Hill
Out: Lobb, Pearce, Bewley
Ross says Bennell will be playing Peel. Hill should too.
Feel like it should just be the two forced changes.
Hill straight in is a recipe for disaster. Give Bewley another chance, he’s fit, he’s been training hard. Hill will probably play 60% game time. Is it really worth that risk?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back