Prediction Round 13: Changes Vs Port Adelaide + Pre-match Discussion

Sep 20, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sacramento Kings
Connor Blakeley 50 games.

50 ******* games, even I hadn't realised how little overall football he has played. Such an important cog for us and he's only played 50 games.

Like Esti said, ins are nice but the outs are equally as good.

Great to see Hilly out and this is Logue's chance to cement himself into the 22 and really build into the player we all hope he can be.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
We’re saved by Hinkley’s stubbornness and non desperation in that he leaves Dixon and Wines in Adelaide.
Liking our chances. Logue on Howard. Hamling gets Ryder/Lycett.
Dumb coach Hinkley.

Sep 20, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sacramento Kings
I really, really hope S.Hill is actually ready and we aren't rushing him back. Darcy back in is nice and I hope Logue gets an extended run at it. I've always seen him as more of a KPD than a 3rd defender so he's probably set up for it well.

He'll most likely fill Cerra's current role on the Half Forward line with occasional stints in the middle.

Apr 7, 2010
West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Brewers
Are Port considered quick starters?

Coming off the bye, bit of flu going around, 3 guys coming in who haven't played much recently, young team...

More than a bit worried that we'll come out of the gates flat as; big job for Ross this week to get the boys fired up and avoid another scenario where we're playing catch-up for most of the day. despite those concerns I'm still pumped for this one, should be a beauty.

longsuffreosupp

Premiership Player
Jul 10, 2002
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
We’re saved by Hinkley’s stubbornness and non desperation in that he leaves Dixon and Wines in Adelaide.
Liking our chances. Logue on Howard. Hamling gets Ryder/Lycett.
Dumb coach Hinkley.

I was surprised with Ports changes too, but I guess they are looking at the big picture, plus the weather will be poor on Saturday - it could destroy their season if a few reinjured in that game..

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
Are Port considered quick starters?
Lol, far from it.

We were -
1 goal to 4 V Melbourne. Mid 1st
3 goals to 5 V Carlton. Late 1st
0 goals to 4 V Brisbane. Mid 1st
0 goals to 7 V Collingwood. End 1st
0 goals to 2 V Adelaide. End 1st.
3 goals to 4 V GC. End 1st.
0 goals to 5 V Hawthorn. Early 2nd.

GoFreo4eva

Freo Tragic Since the Beginning
Sep 15, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Is Cerra really ill? Obviously sore and or being managed. He back in Perth? Must’ve spent a bit of time in Melbourne
Please dial down the paranoia! It's flu season so there is every chance he has it. Far more likely that he has caught a lurgy than any other slightly paranoid expecatation.

Last edited:

StingBitten

The Midland Steal
May 31, 2012
Bayswater
AFL Club
Fremantle
On Harley, at no stage has Fremantle ever given an indication that they would be anything but conservative.

The fans and the media have requested on multiple occasions that they need to roll the dice - but the club has never demonstrated they would enforce this.

Maybe in the interests of player welfare, it's better for Harley to have the opportunity to run after his grandchildren in 30 years from now then it is to roll the dice in saving his AFL career. Just a thought.

Last edited:

Superkoops

Norm Smith Medallist
May 7, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Didn’t think they’d actually do it (re: either SHill or Bennell in) but glad the selection committee listened to me. I got the out wrong with Cerra out due to illness likely giving Bewley another game.
319361EC-D425-4BB3-A759-5923A91D3FB8.jpeg

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
Just hope we improve on our post bye form of the last two years where we’ve been diabolical.
Agree. The one thing working for us this year is that Port are also off the bye.

Last year we played Brisbane who weren't and got smashed then got Carlton off theirs and smashed them. Definitely a poison chalice for us I reckon, but lets hope it is for Port too.

arsesmart

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
The stats seem to suggest that coming off the bye affects most teams. I looked at about a 4 year period a couple of seasons ago and found that when there's no difference in bye status the home team won 55.9% of the time. If the home team had the bye advantage (i.e. they had no bye the prev week but oppo did) their win rate increased to 72.1%. While if the home team had a bye the week before, but travelling team didn't the home team's winning percentage dropped to 39.4%.

Summary for home team wins:
Bye Neutral -- 55.9%
Bye Positive -- 72.1%
Bye Negative - 39.4%

westy1

Club Legend
Aug 26, 2006
denmark
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
east freo
What the heck does "easing back in through the wafl" even mean? Like because it's less rough? BS. They hit bloody hard in the state leagues. They almost target injured AFL players... Subiaco were sure as hell going for Harley last weekend in that second half.
IF he plays at all, it should be at Optus stadium this weekend. Stephen Hill could walk onto the field and outclass 40 other blokes and I'd rather it be against Port than bloody South Freo.
I suppose the difference is , if they are copping it too hard, or have a little niggle or some doubts as to how they feel they can have a rest or put the cue in the rack so to speak , without the high stakes or the scrutiny

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
On Harley, at no stage has Fremantle ever given an indication that they would be anything but conservative.

The fans and the media have requested on multiple occasions that they need to roll the dice - but the club has never demonstrated they would enforce this.

Maybe in the interests of player welfare, it's better for Harley to have the opportunity to run after his grandchildren in 30 years from now then it is to roll the dice in saving his AFL career. Just a thought.
No difference whether he's playing for WAFL of AFL if you're implying he won't be able to run after his grandchildren if he plays AFL:huh:

He's basically jumped straight into playing almost full games mostly in the middle of the ground, which is very different to how he was managed last year. I'd like to see him back at AFL but perhaps next week and not at Optus?

Back